From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

I know I've said before Bev so sorry for going on but I agree with Ruby. If they're that bad you need co-codamol to get through the pain maybe a trip to the docs is in order? I take tranexamic and mefanamic acid for mine otherwise I'm housebound for the whole time * week is in town. There's no point suffering through them when there's help out there and mine medication has been an absolute godsend x

I knew it was some kind of acid! I've seen tablets with tranexamic acid in boots, near where all the evening primrose tablets are. They're called something like PMS relieving tablets, made by boots in silver and pink packaging.

Morning Bev xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey Bevvy,

Just catching pu on your diary! Well done the maintain, for * week thats brilliant so don't get down too much about it. Next week will be a different story, if you keep up the yummy foodage you'll be flying :)

Shame you didn't make Kettlebells, it really is a great class for toning! It's so enjoyable as well I think, really motivates you. As long as you drink plenty of water before and afterwards you shouldn't feel stiff for long.

It's great to hear that you're still enjoying C25K, I really want to start it but don't know where to start lol. Do you use an app on your phone?

Hey Bevvy,

Just catching pu on your diary! Well done the maintain, for * week thats brilliant so don't get down too much about it. Next week will be a different story, if you keep up the yummy foodage you'll be flying :)

Shame you didn't make Kettlebells, it really is a great class for toning! It's so enjoyable as well I think, really motivates you. As long as you drink plenty of water before and afterwards you shouldn't feel stiff for long.

It's great to hear that you're still enjoying C25K, I really want to start it but don't know where to start lol. Do you use an app on your phone?

Sorry to butt in but there are loads of apps out there or you can download some podcasts from a few websites too.

Yeah it is silly to not exercise because of gaining weight, that really only happens at first, or if you've had a break. I dread to think what state my body would be in if I hadn't exercised?! X

Sorry that you couldn't go and play with the kettleballs this week, I know how much you were looking forward to it.

With regards to the * week issues, are you sure you're getting enough iron? I have terrible anaemia and can't take iron supplements all the time so when I have * week during the off times, I feel even worse than normal. It's not a walk in the park when I have been taking my tablets but I notice I'm not as tired and the cramps might be a little easier to deal with. I know there is a tablet you can take to ease the symptoms (some kind of acid that may begin with an F but definitely isn't folic acid) but I've never taken it.

Thats a point, I'm on iron tablets at the moment (ferrous sulphate) went to the docs cos was feeling weak and exhausted all the time so they tested my blood and hey ho, my iron was really low. So yep bev go and get your iron checked chick x

Thanks for your replies, will reply tomorrow as only got time to post my food:

Day 8 - Tuesday 17th June - EE
Breakfast - chewy d - hexb
Lunch - jacket Tata with cheese (hexa) and beans
Tea - 1/2 pot sweet n sour with boiled rice - 8 syns
Snack - nectarine
Total - 8 syns

Hello lovely :wavey:, hope your well, miss u lots :):), I've just sent u a pm. Thank u for your lovely words on my diary, really cheered me up ;).

Kay xx

Hey ladies!

You're all completely right, I need to stop being ridiculous when it comes to * week and get myself to the docs. No-one should be in agony for 3 days a month! To be fair last month was fine and I wasn't in any real pain so didn't need to take any tablets, but 9/10 times it's a horrible time of the month for both me and Chris (who hates seeing me in pain!). Yesterday all I did when I got in from work was sleep thanks to the co-codemol, but thankfully today the worst is over and apart from feeling absolutely exhausted it's getting back to normal again.

Going to arrange an appointment at the docs tomorrow (hopefully anyway, they are always so busy!) and if not on Friday. I've had enough now and need to get this sorted! I always used to hate going to the docs because of my size and I think that's stayed with me a little even though I've lost a lot of weight. In the past I've come out of the docs crying and feeling really bad about myself, so I guess its understandable I try and avoid going when I can! Need to just face it now and if they do say anything about my weight i can tell them I've nearly lost 7 stone, which will hopefully shut them up! :p

So yeah, no more putting it off!

As for today I've still been feeling shattered so apart from work I've been pretty lazy. Had a lovely PM from Kay earlier and we were talking about how long it has taken to lose each stone. Its something I never really thought about before but I noticed a pattern where each stone took on average 1.5 months and then 2 months and repeated... quite impressed with that to be honest as I thought it'd be much longer than that! According to the pattern though I should be getting my 7 stone award at the weekend, really don't think I'll shift 4lbs this week! :eek:

Really looking forward to WI on Sunday because I'll be just so happy to lose something again! Even if it's just a pound it'll be great to get into the 17's at last. Feeling like I'm stuck in a bit of a rut atm with my weight loss and I know its entirely my own doing for relaxing too much around exams, but still I want to power on with it now. Will feel great to see a lower stone on the scales again! :)

Exercise wise I haven't done any C25K since Sunday so I really should get to the gym and do my next run. I really enjoy my runs but I don't want to make this tiredness any worse. Definitely going tomorrow but can't decide whether or not to make myself go this afternoon! I usually feel great after but its maybe not the best idea when I feel shattered BEFORE the run. Think I'll listen to my body this afternoon, have a hot shower, take a nap and eat lots or iron. Then tomorrow I know I'll be raring to go when it comes to my run! :)

Food today has been on plan but not great, no breakfast as I forgot to stick it in my bag this morning. Lunch was a jacket potato with tuna light mayo and cheese - no idea what's for tea as we need to go shopping. Definitely need to get lots of super free down me later so a salad might be in order! I'll update foodage later.

----

Rochelle - I'm definitely going to mention the iron thing at the docs, most of the time I'm okay tiredness wise but around * week I could sleep for England! I usually feel like that when I have co-codemol though so I don't know whether its caused by that or the iron! Either way hopefully the doc will give me something else to take instead.

Em - I absolutely love C25K, would be great where you are too as you could run by the sea which would be amazing I bet. I've got an iphone so downloaded it from the podcast app, it's called 'NHS cough to 5k' and narrated by a woman called Laura. It's really good, I bet you'd surprise yourself at how easy you'll find it, especially after all the exercise you've done already!

Von - Hey vonny , hope you're feeling a bit better today, I saw about the 3lbs down when you peeked on the scales, great stuff! :)

Scarlet - You're completely right hun, I need to stop avoiding the docs and get myself there! I absolutely hate going to the docs but this one is a must I think, hope I can get in tomorrow so i can get it all out of the way with!

Ruby - Was thinking about the iron thing earlier after reading you and Rochelle's comments, I'm gonna try and eat a bit more fish and protein around this time of the month and see if that helps. Tuna today was yummy :) Def need to go to the docs though and stop putting up with this every month, it's just daft!

xxxxx

Well after all that I ended up giving myself a big kick up the bum and got myself to the gym. I only managed 20 minutes on the treadmill before feeling shattered, but at least it was better than nothing and got me moving today.

Just read your post re docs , I the same Hun hate going due to past comments that were made,
Even when I went to see the consultant he asked about my weight , and he said it's not to bad but if you could lose some it would be beneficial , I let him finish his speel then said I think losing the 8 stone I already have will be making a huge difference don't you , he was gob smacked

Just read your post re docs , I the same Hun hate going due to past comments that were made,
Even when I went to see the consultant he asked about my weight , and he said it's not to bad but if you could lose some it would be beneficial , I let him finish his speel then said I think losing the 8 stone I already have will be making a huge difference don't you , he was gob smacked

That's brilliant Vonny! You'd think they'd look at your notes and actually see how much you'd lost rather than mentioning something first, madness! Would love to have seen the look on his face!

I went when I was 15 years old as I was suffering from depression, the doc wasn't interested in that at all and basically forced me to get on the scales and told me I needed to lose 5 stone. I left the surgery crying my eyes out and didn't go back until my 20's! I can completely see the need to help obese people realise they need to lose weight, but there's a way of doing it and that didn't help me one bit. If anything it made me even more depressed as it took me such courage to actually go to the docs and talk about it in the first place. Anyway I know that's in the past and not all docs are like that, but it does worry me, especially when its something like period pain which I know is meant to improve by losing weight.

Last edited:
Bevvy :D thank u so much for getting back to me so quickly. I got Von's reply too, the stats are so interesting, it really makes me think even with mine. You've both done amazingly well, think I wasted a lot of time :rolleyes: but gonna sort my head out this year, I want to get better like yesterday :rolleyes: getting a bit impatient with it all. According to my stats my pattern is feb, april, oct :eek: so next stone will be achieved in Oct, that's way too long ! lol :p I wish I had your pattern of 1.5 months, your just simply amazing Bevvy ! :D

Kay xx

Bevvy :D thank u so much for getting back to me so quickly. I got Von's reply too, the stats are so interesting, it really makes me think even with mine. You've both done amazingly well, think I wasted a lot of time :rolleyes: but gonna sort my head out this year, I want to get better like yesterday :rolleyes: getting a bit impatient with it all. According to my stats my pattern is feb, april, oct :eek: so next stone will be achieved in Oct, that's way too long ! lol :p I wish I had your pattern of 1.5 months, your just simply amazing Bevvy ! :D

Kay xx

Aww thanks hun, you've gotta remember though that I started out at nearly 25 stone, so no wonder I'm losing it quicker. Reckon by the time I get my next stone it'll be 2.5 months from the last one, but the main thing is we do this, however long it takes! :) You're only human and we all get impatient from time to time, especially when we want to lose so much in total. Stick at it hun, I know you'll do this, and im certain you'll get that next stone before October too!

----

Day 8 - Wed 18th June - Red

Lunch - Jack pot (hexb) with tuna, light mayo (3 syns) and cheese (2 x hexa)
Snack - Chewy D - hexb
Tea - 2 large portobello mushrooms stuffed with bacon, leeks and cheese - 3 syns
Snack - Strawbs and blackberries topped with honey Liberte yoghurt - 1 syn
Total - 7 syns

Exercise
20 mins walk/running

Red day at long last which I really enjoyed, though it's back to EE tomorrow as I've got a chicken noodle salad for lunch. Feeling loads better from * week now and ready to go to the docs tomorrow and get it out of the way with (can you tell how much I'm dreading going by how much I'm going on about it? ;)). Anyway now it's time for the second half of the Spain v Chile match... Catch ya all later xxx

Some doctors are just so rude. I used to have a really miserable one and I changed to a lovely lady doctor. She is fantastic she doesn't judge or anything she has never told me to lose weight like most people who have weight to lose know they need to do it so hate when people/doctors say to you! I know they probably have to for health and all that but!!
Anyway so I've decided I was going to work out my averages too because I thought it was interesting and I'm losing about 2.4lbs on average per week. I never actually worked that out before and that's pretty good I think! Was down 2.5 today and got my four stone award.
You are all doing great we will all reach our targets - eyes on the prize :) sorry for rambling on your diary Bev!

Some doctors are just so rude. I used to have a really miserable one and I changed to a lovely lady doctor. She is fantastic she doesn't judge or anything she has never told me to lose weight like most people who have weight to lose know they need to do it so hate when people/doctors say to you! I know they probably have to for health and all that but!! Anyway so I've decided I was going to work out my averages too because I thought it was interesting and I'm losing about 2.4lbs on average per week. I never actually worked that out before and that's pretty good I think! Was down 2.5 today and got my four stone award. You are all doing great we will all reach our targets - eyes on the prize :) sorry for rambling on your diary Bev!

Wohooo, 4 stone award - well done! Great averages too, you're doing fab! Don't apologise for rambling, everyone is welcome to ramble here! :)

---

Feeling great this morning, got out of bed and felt physically lighter, I don't get that feeling much but it gave me a big smile on my face at 7am I can tell ya! I just know I must be in the 17's now, nothing beats that losing weight feeling. So glad I got back on the horse when I did, looking forward to Sundays wi now too and got 3 more days to kick ass before then too! If I can lose 2lbs this week I'll be more than happy, it'll set me up nicely to get my 7 stone award next week!

Today's gonna be a fun but busy one -
Work 9-1
Docs
Lunch
Gym
Shops
Cooking
England match and eating tea

Looking forward to another day of c25k, determined to finish the full 30 minutes. Really should have listened to my body yesterday n left it, but I really fancied a run and any exercise is better than none.

Right I'd better get ready to leave for work. Looks miserable out today but hopefully it'll be a bit cooler at last xx

Best of luck at the doctors today and hopefully they can focus on the actual issue you've gone there for! My dad's GP actually accused him of comfort eating as he's not lost any weight in the few weeks since he got his diagnosis. My dad's point was that at least he hasn't put any on!

Best of luck at the doctors today and hopefully they can focus on the actual issue you've gone there for! My dad's GP actually accused him of comfort eating as he's not lost any weight in the few weeks since he got his diagnosis. My dad's point was that at least he hasn't put any on!

Grr makes my blood boil when I hear all these dr stories! Once again couldn't get in for today, rang bang when they opened n was on hold 15 mins but no joy as all spots had gone by the time I got through. I'm just gonna have to go round to surgery when it opens at 8 on Monday (my day off) and wait around till I can be seen. Not ideal but needs must!!

--

On break at work ATM, my system has been going down all morning and is driving me mad!! X

Grr makes my blood boil when I hear all these dr stories! Once again couldn't get in for today, rang bang when they opened n was on hold 15 mins but no joy as all spots had gone by the time I got through. I'm just gonna have to go round to surgery when it opens at 8 on Monday (my day off) and wait around till I can be seen. Not ideal but needs must!!

--

On break at work ATM, my system has been going down all morning and is driving me mad!! X

I know how you feel, the power keeps going out here. Lost 3 reports this week because things aren't saving properly. That sucks about the Dr, hopefully you can get an appointment on Monday.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Home from work now and just tucked in to lunch while watching last nights Big Brother. Must remember not to buy anything with 'spicy' in the label from now on as 9 times out of 10 it's too hot for me! So only finished half of my spicy chicken noodle salad as my mouth was burning, but tucked into some fruit and yoghurt which has filled me up nicely.

Realised I can have today as a green day to get my extra hexa, so long as I use the chicken from my salad as a hexb. As you can guess from my username I'm not one to refuse a portion of extra cheese, so green sounds like a plan to me!

Day 9 - Thursday 19th June - Green
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Lunch - 1/2 spicy chicken (hexb) noodle salad with grated carrot and cucumber (2 syns); Strawbs and blackberries topped with Liberte yoghurt (1 syn) - 3 syns
Tea - Veggie pasta sauce (5 syns) with onions, mushrooms, peppers, pasta and cheese (2 x hexa)
Snack - Fruit (will see what looks good in Aldi later)
Total - 8 syns

Off for a run in a minute but nipping to Aldi first to stock up on veg for tea and to get some more fruit. Hopefully I can find something yummy to nibble on while I watch the England match later. I dread to think what I was eating this time 4 years ago when it was the last world cup! Probably a big share size bag of chocolate and cheese toasties at half time for 'supper', all washed down with cider or full fat coke :rolleyes: It still scares me when I look back and see what my diet was like back then!

Hoping to complete the second run of week 2 C25K this afternoon. It's a bit cooler today which will hopefully help. Even in the air conditioned gym it got boiling yesterday! People keep asking if I'll run in the park and the answer is yes, but not yet! The thought of running outside scares me if I'm honest. I wouldn't want to have to deal with nasty comments from people, and I know it'd just be a minority and most people would be supportive, but I'm not ready for that just yet. My friend Pauline has also started running recently and runs outside all the time, she's never had a bad experience and loves it. I really need to get some better kit i.e cooler jogging bottoms and proper running trainers, once I've got that I'll make myself give the outdoor running lark a proper go. Bet its harder than the treadmill though. I don't like to sound of hills!!

Back