From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Definitley a psychological thing from being obese in the past. I'll always be a fat girl inside. LOL yeah it could be the shoes, oh well, next time I get new trainers I'll get measured properly at the sports shop but for now I'm quite happy with walking as it's harder to run in summer! If it's sunny I just can't handle the heat. Where as walking is good gets me out of breath and I'm feeling my legs getting tighter so must be working! Ordered myself one of those polar watches so will be able to see how much I'm burning soon, will hopefully encourage me to do more at home rather than only doing workouts when I have a class to go to.

Food sounds fab today hope you enjoy your meal tomorrow! Xx

Thanks guys, will reply properly tomorrow!

Quicky update today - off plan meal out was yummy - its so nice to enjoy a treat! feeling re-energsed from my meal 'off' and ready for a couple of low syn red days now before WI.

I finally signed up for the Colour Run today which felt good :) Can't believe I'm doing my first 5k on my birthday. Going to try and get another PB under my belt tomorrow on the treadmill, won't be going until the evening though after tea. Don't normally run so late so not sure what I'll feel like, but either way I'm sure I'll complete my final run of week 3.

Ordered a dress on Ebay tonight - size 14-16!! Eeek! Might not fit just yet but I'm determined I'll fit in it in time for uni. Fingers crossed! I'll let you know how far I have to go when it arrives...

Right I'm off to watch The Face and get an early night. It might be Friday but I'm working 8-1 tomorrow. The rest of the day will be grand though! :) Happy Friday peeps! xx

Hello hun, hope your having a smashing Saturday :D xx

Thanks Hun, hope you are too! I'm a bit grumpy at the minute as went for a run in my new running shoes and they've pretty much killed my feet. Could only do 15 mins and I was in agony! Now got huge blisters n need to take them back to the shop to exchange, grr!!

Ah well, on a brighter note I've had another fab day on plan. Will quickly update Foodage:

Day 1 - Saturday 28th July - red
Breakfast - banana, chewy d - hexb
Lunch - ham salad - 2 syns for dressing
Snack - Liberte yoghurt - 1 syn
Tea - Subway chicken salad - 3 syns
Supper - Strawbs
Total - 6 syns

Exercise
20 mins walk to/from work
15 mins c25k - had to stop due to painful new shoes!

Oh boo to the new trainers hurting, hope you get sorted at the shop

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sorry for the pain hun, was going to say the same as Von, we've all got 5 hours to do next week lol, gotta have some nice comfy trainers :D xx

Don't worry hun I can't get back to the shop until Thursday (as Chris paid on is card so have to go with him), but I've still got my old ones I can wear. Hopefully resting my feet tomorrow will help the blisters so I'll be fine for Monday, but if worst comes to worst I can always go for a swim :) xxx

Morning lovelies!

Had a lovely long lie in and woke up feeling well rested. Its the day before weigh in so I'm trying to be super good today to maximise any loss on the scales. That said the PF has been pretty absent for the last 3 days so I really need her to pay me a visit now!! :rolleyes:

Starting Kay's Salad Challenge tomorrow with lots of the mini's girlies. Really looking forward to it. It'll help me cut out the carbs for a week and stick to lean leafy foods. Part of the challenge is all about exercise too - 5 hours over the course of the week - my foot is still hurting today so tomorrow I've decided I'm going to swim for my hours worth of exercise. Will be nice to get in the pool again, its been a while! While I'm thinking if anyone wants to join us on the salad challenge its not too later, all the details can be found here and I'm sure Kay would agree, the more the merrier!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-teams-challenges/342922-new-kays-salad-challenge-1.html

I'm working overtime later from 6pm -10pm - I don't mind so much though as its extra money for Dublin, new clothes and summer activities with my friends. Really want to do as much as I can this month as a lot of my friends work in schools so will be off over the 6 week hols, meaning lots of day trips and fun! :)

Foodage for the day is fairly light but also tried to go for lots of fibre to get the PF in town!

Day 2 - Sunday 29th June - Red
Breakfast - Oats so simple wholegrain porridge - hexb, hexa
Lunch - Mushrooms stuffed with bacon, leek and cheese - 1/2 hexa + 2 syns
Snack - Strawbs covered with Liberte - 1 syn
Tea - Tuna nicoise salad - hexb + 2 syns
Snack for work - carrot battons dipped in philly - 1/2 hexa + 3 syns
Total - 8 syns

That's so annoying about new runners giving you blisters! Hope they exchange them for you :)

Defo listen to your body and go for a swim instead if feet are still sore tomorrow! X

That's so annoying about new runners giving you blisters! Hope they exchange them for you :)

Defo listen to your body and go for a swim instead if feet are still sore tomorrow! X

I know sooo annoying. They measured me on the treadmill, did gait analysis and everything so can't believe I came away with worse shoes than I started with! Ah well, they said give them a try and I can swap them if I need to, I know exactly which pair I'm picking as an alternative too.

Hi Bev
Your sounding organised for the challenge Hun xxx

I am, can't wait to get started now! :) xx

GRRRR!!! I was so annoyed by the scales this morning +1lb - WTF?!!:mad:

I really don't get it, I was 100% for 7 days out of 8 and did lots of exercise too. Okay, so I had one off plan meal that put me at maintenance cals for the day on Friday, but it just doesn't make sense. This is exactly why I don't like weekly weigh in's, definitely going back to fortnightly after the salad challenge is over. I can't deal with these random STS/gains. I've been eating so well this week, the only thing I'm beginning to wonder is whether my metabolism has slowed down again. Or maybe its the fact I haven't had a PF visit for 4 days! Either way I'm not pleased, but I'm determined things will change for next week and I'll be back to my lowest weight ever once again.

Ironically that 1lb makes the difference between being in the century club and outside it too - gutted!! It's the first time ever I've had a gain that I didn't understand. I didn't even gain over Christmas when I had 3 days totally off plan. In fact my last gain was last October after a weeks all inclusive, and even then it was only 2.5lbs! How can I have gained almost half of that amount in 1 week where I ate under syns and exercised loads? Maybe its the exercise hindering my losses again, I really hope not....

Anyway, that's my moan done and line drawn --------------- Onwards and downwards this week!

After WI I decided to stay at the gym for a bit and do a 5km power walk. Had to do it in my converse as my new running trainers had left a big blister, so no running, only walking super quickly. In the end I managed to come out with a new PB for my 5k - amazing how I can power walk 5k faster than I can run/walk it - I guess I was keeping up more of a constant pace. Either way I felt re-energised and buzzing again after that. Now my exercise for day 1 of the salad challenge is done and I can enjoy chilling out on the rest of my day off.

After the gym I nipped up to Morrisons to pick up some fruit (cherries, peaches, blueberries), salad stuff and those Birds eye fish sensations that Kay told me about. Looking forward to trying them later, they look yummy.

Decided my goal for the July challenge will be 9lbs off this month. I really want to make up for a couple of slow months and get into the 16's for August! I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. Plus I'm pretty sure this weeks gain is a fluke so I'll have a super loss next week hopefully! :)

Have a fab day everyone! xxx

Sorry about the gain that don't make sense like you said it may be a number of things including the upped exercise. Well done on getting a new pb. I'm sure you'll do great on the salad challenge and get a fab result and you'll soon be back in the century club xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Bev, go look at the comment you left on my diary yest after my Wi. I was 100 % all week and the same happened to me. It's gut wrenching when it happens especially for no reason but like you said, you will have a super loss next week, I'm sure of it. Keep your chin up xx

Oh so sorry Bev , unexpected gains are so cruel, don't let it throw you off plan your doing so well , the salad challenge will get you back in that century club with room to spare ,
I know it's no consolation but I've gained 8lb, I knew I had gained mid week and just ate for the sake of it after that but still hurts to see such a huge gain , but I know the salad challenge will get a good deal of that bk off ,

Hugs xxxx

That sucks when you've been doing so well as usual. It's probably the lack of pf visits try and get more liquids in. No words of wisdom for you but I'm sure next weigh in will be much better x

Oh no, how disappointing! Hope you're managing not to let it get you too down. Sometimes these things just happen, but people sometimes find that they do better than expected the following week. Here's hoping...

Didn't you hurt your ankle/foot recently? (sorry, I've been away lots so no time to catch up in detail on diaries!). If so maybe you're retaining fluid still to heal it up. Whether it's that, the lack of pf or something hormonal, water drinking and just KEEPING GOING with the plan and exercise will get you there.

Thanks for all the support guys, I've accepted it now and am feeling positive about the next week. I know it can't be a 'real' gain if that makes sense, so I'm even more confident I can kick some ass this week on the salad challenge and come out with a great loss at the end of it. No point in letting a pound affect my mood! I also need to start accepting that weight loss is only going to get harder as I get closer to goal - I'm in the 17's now so its bound to be tougher than it was at 20+ stone. Just need to keep eating healthy, working out and enjoying life, if I'm doing all I can then I know the weight loss will come.

Forgot to tell you guys yesterday some good fitness news - Chris has signed up for the gym! It'll be really cool as it means we can work out together, so I've got myself a work out buddy! I'll be doing the running on my own after work still, but it means I'll be able to go for general workouts with Chris. It'll really help me as I love the running but don't have a lot of motivation for the other stuff at the gym. At least we can do some weights together and compete on the other cardio machines. I do have a tendency to get ridiculously competitive! :D We're going to aim for our first exercise session together on Thursday, I'm really looking forward to it :)

Day 3 - Monday 30th June - Red - Turbo cycle salad challenge
Breakfast - Strawbs, blueberries and Liberte yoghurt - 1 syn
Lunch - Egg salad with grated carrot, cucumber, olives (1 syn), sweetcorn (1 syn), tomatoes, feta (hexa) and ff dressing - 2 syns
Tea - Birds eye fish sensation with Mediterranean side salad and ff dressing
Snacks - piccolo cherries
Total - 3 syns

Exercise
1 hour power walking/slow jog

---

Sugarfairy - Thanks hun, I really hope so. I'm not going to dwell on it now, its only a number on a scale and in myself I feel fitter and healthier than ever, so that's what counts! :) Will be nice to regain my century status next week though, I still refuse to take my sticker down this week though! :p You might be right about the upped exercise, but I know its doing my body good so I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing until my body catches up.

Rae - Thanks hun, looking around the forum it seems like quite a few of us have had a dodgy week, must be something in the water! I wouldn't have minded a gain if I'd ate loads of crap or something, but when its completely unjustified it just seems unfair - it's like a double whammy, gain weight and I havent had a choccy fix - no fair! :p:rolleyes: Hopefully we'll both have a better week this week!

Vonny - *big hugs* So sorry to hear about your gain but I know you'll have loads of that off this week. We can do it! We're both going to kick ass on this salad challenge!:)

Scarlet - Thanks hun! I've been drinking like a tap since I got the plant nanny app installed on my phone, just can't figure it out! Might be the upped exercise and retaining water for my muscles or something. Either way its all good, nothing is going to take me off plan this week and I'm sure I'll have lost the gain and more... hopefully! :p

Gwella - Yep here's to hoping! I had a really unexpected loss of 6lbs last week too so it might just be my body catching up, who knows! Just hope I'm back losing again next week. Don't worry though, I'm in this for the long haul, sticking to plan and doing more exercise than ever is the only way forward. I doubt I'd have done my 5k at the gym this morning if it wasn't for my gain, so at least I'm using it as a positive to improve for next week rather than letting it spoil my day :)

Oh and yep, I did hurt my leg last week, I pulled my hamstring, but it's all better now thankfully. Now I'm just recoving from my new running shoes giving me blisters - there's always something!! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Glad your not letting it get to you and yeah I'm sure the exercise is doing you good. Do you also take measurements to see if your loosing inches. That's good you've got a gym buddy xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back