From here to inskinnity! My mission to lose 13.5 stone!

Day 1 is going well so far, but trust * week to come to town this morning - gah! Hoping it'll lead to an even better loss on the scales next week though, I knew I was feeling bloated yesterday!

I'm in a great mood today as I got the approval through for my student bursary and got my payment schedule. As I'm carrying on working during uni I'll be better off as a student than I am now, it'll be long days but I can't complain at that! Feel so lucky to be doing a course where all the fees are paid, I'm guaranteed a job and I get paid to do it too, not to mention the fact it's something that fascinates me. I'm one lucky lady! :) Work have organised all my new shifts now too and I'll be starting them the week before uni, so September is all change for me. Feels like the dream is finally becoming reality at last, scary how fast this last year has gone though, not to mention my lovely summer holiday!

Off to Chris's parents in a bit so I'll update food now while I have time, it's basically everything I planned out yesterday!

Week 1 - Day 1 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D (hexb)
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Broccoli and cheese Pasta N Sauce with steamed broccoli and green beans (hexa)
Snack - Sugar free jelly (0.5 syns), kiwi
Tea - Chicken breast subway salad with olives and sweet onion dressing - 2.5 syns
Snack - Muller, plum
Total - 3 syns

---

Soph - LOL @ detox with prepackaged pasta! I do come out with some corkers at times! :D I'm the same for most of the dried pastas, I think all of them taste vile, apart from the Batchelors cheese n' broccoli. It's lovely with the extra veggies in too to try and boost the super free. I guess I could make a version myself with fresh pasta to cut out the additives, but I'm not sure how I'd manage to get such a creamy sauce, especially for zero syns! Any ideas? I'm genuinely the worst cook in the world so have no clue when it comes to this kinda stuff! :p

Interesting about the endomorph/ectomorph thing. I've actually come across it before in body building - not for me of course! My ex was the classic ectomorph and for the life of him couldn't gain muscle despite daily gym sessions and shed loads of protein supplements, in the end he just gave up and stayed like a bean pole! I agree though that the endomorph shape is awesome when it's a healthy weight. just a pity we're the most prone type for retaining fat, grr! In the past I'd have killed to be an endomorph and be able to eat what I like without any gain, but I really do love my shape, its just the fat I don't like! As for 5 maccy d's a week and being a bean pole, I hate this person! ;) To be fair though bar any weight gain stuff I'd feel like crap if I ate that week in week out! xxx

Scarlet - Haha, you're totally bob on thinking about me wanting to beat Chris! Don't get me wrong I want him to do well, but I'd love to be able to beat him each week on the scales. I really want to catch him up as I hate the fact he's lighter than me! :rolleyes: So long as we're both motivating each other though it's a win win situation really. Thanks for being so supportive, bless ya :) xxx

Kami - Aww thanks hun, those burgers are awesome, I made something similar in the past and they are beau, definitely don't taste like slimming food! I'm going to give them a try when I get back on my red days as they work really well with a side salad and wm roll for my hexb :) xx

I think it's so good that Chris has joined with you! My Chris would never come along with me he's trying to cut back and lose a few lbs at the moment and his day off usually lands on a Wednesday when I weigh in so he could come but he just won't! Typical male lol he won't have It when I tell him plenty of men come. There's one that even just comes to support his wife, sits in group and just listens he's not a member. I think that's absolutely brilliant, how he's so supportive of her.

damn star week turning up like that! Hopefully it won't affect you.

Exciting news about the uni stuff!! Yes you are a lucky lady :) x

Don't worry if it turns out to be a bit easier for Chris... blokes just lose faster, what with all their extra muscle mass. A pain, but true! would be great if you do beat him but don't get down if not!

Great that Chris is joining you! wish my OH would but he loves his pizza too much lol. Great news about uni too, you're on a roll :) Hope * week doesn't affect you too much as it's come at the beginning so any bloat you have should be gone by next weigh in hopefully! xxx

Oh Bev this is great news about Uni and it really is lovely that Chris is so supportive and doing it with you! Like you say its great aswell for a bit of healthy competition and drive!

Good for you darling! You are doing an amazing job so keep it up! xx

Thanks guys!

Day 2 on plan is still going well, but boy can't I wait until star week is over to feel less bloated and blah in general. Having said that this is the first month I've tried those meth-anomic acid tablets that Scarlet recommended me to get from the docs, and I've got to say they really do work. It's completely took the edge off the pain for me and made things a lot more manageable, so I'd really urge anyone with painful periods to go to the docs and ask for them rather than struggling on with over the counter painkillers. I wish I'd known about them years ago! Big thanks Scarlet and everyone else who pushed me to go to the docs! :)

Had a fairly mundane day today. I was working until 1, came home for lunch (yummy yet simple ham salad with a jacket potato and cheese) and then went with Chris to visit my Mum and Dad. Back home now and chilling before c's friend comes over later. Thankfully C has told him he's detoxing so as to avoid the booze, good boy! :p He seems to be doing really well so far, hope he keeps it up. A lot of you have said how awesome it is that he's joined, I was so surprised when he agreed to. He's been trying to lose weight for a while though and tends to last a week or so and then reverts to his old habits, so I really think the fact he has to weigh in at group will help him this time. He seems happy enough and is planning lots of yummy meals, as he's the main cook in the house it means I'll benefit too! :D

Week 1 Day 2 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - Banana
Lunch - Jacket potato with cheese (hexa), ham salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, egg and dressing - 3 syns
Snack - Muller, sugar free jelly (0.5 syns), sharon fruit (first time I've tried these - quite nice!)
Tea - Oven baked fresh salt and pepper cod with SW chips and petit pois and ketchup - 2 syns
Supper - Grapes, plums, muller (if I'm really peckish!)
Total - 5 syns

Gotta say these last couple of days have shown me just how much I love SW. It really doesn't feel like a diet at all and my body is loving the yummy fruit and veggies. The only downside is how long SW chips take to cook, hope they hurry up 'cos I'm bleedin' starving! :rolleyes:

I par boil mine for about 5 minutes then drain really well and roughen up. Then bake in oven for 20 minutes turn them and spray again halfway through.

I par boil mine for about 5 minutes then drain really well and roughen up. Then bake in oven for 20 minutes turn them and spray again halfway through.

I normally use this method and sometimes they're lovely sometimes white

Hi there I'm just here to subscribe if that's ok?. You sound so determined and that's really inspirational. It's nice how honest you are about the difficult times. What a great start you've made! I'm coming to the end of week 3 after a star week gain last week so starting to get nervous about WI tomorrow!

Glad I could help Bev, I've told a few people about the tablets and they've seen their G.P about them. It's surprising how much pain we think we should tolerate at TOTM x

Glad to see you back on track Bev, have a great week.

I still have to send you the info on Dublin! If you let me know where you're staying, I can also give you info on public transport etc... Dublin's bus/tram/train network is pretty crappy if you don't know where you're going

Hey guys!

Thanks for all the fab replies, gonna try and get back to everyone but haven't got long before I'm off to watch a movie so gotta keep it fairly snappy!

Some fab suggestions with the SW chips, I did pre boil them but not for long enough I think. Will definitely give the microwaving method a go as I bet it cooks them a lot more thoroughly.

Managed my 3rd on plan day today and I'm once again loving my new SW diet. Starting to feel a lot better in myself now that its a few days since I ate chocolate/white bread/sugary pop and its all getting out of my system. Tried the Sainsburys BGTY sausage that Soph (Tetris) recommended for 1/2 a syn each, they were lovely and nice and filling too, a welcome addition to my SW breakfast! :)

Tomorrow is gonna be the hardest day yet on plan as I'm off out to Yorkshire Wildlife Park for the day (it was Chester zoo but last minute change of plans!). I'm sure it'll be a fab day but not sure what we'll be doing for lunch yet, which always makes me nervous. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find something SW friendly though even if we end up at a pub/restaurant. Hopefully if the weather is nice we can just do a picnic, either way I'll update you all tomorrow.

Anyway, today's food looked like this -

Week 1, Day 3 - EE
Breakfast - Chewy D - hexb
Snack - Banana
Lunch - SW breakfast - Bacon, 2 x BGTY pork sausages (1 syn),2 x poached eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and brown sauce - 2 syns
Snack - Sugar free jelly (1/2 syn), muller, plum, grapes, kiwi
Tea - Batchelors Pasta N' Sauce with green beans, broccoli and cheese (hexa)
Supper - Hmmm, not hungry at the minute but i've got more fruit if I need it...
Total - 2.5 syns
Weekly syns so far - 11

Managed pretty low syn days so far - only used 11 syns in 3 days so if I do end up eating out tomorrow it gives me a bit more leeway with my choices, which is always nice :)

----

Coughdrops - Ah thanks hun! We're staying at the Belvedere Hotel in Dublin, we've already booked the 2 day hop-on hop-off bus to get around the city, but any advise on the best way to get from the airport to the hotel would be great. I know they have an air link bus but I'd have no idea which stop to get off at!

Scarlet - They've honestly been a life saver, I'll be spreading the word too now! :) Can't believe I've had painful periods all my life, crazy how more women don't know about these tablets!

New me - Thats how I did my SW chips that took ages, maybe it's just my oven? I'm gonna try them directly on the tray next time rather than on silver foil and see if that helps. Mine took over an hour to do, which is pretty ridiculous really! I'm sure I'll figure it out if I keep experimenting!

Missk - Great tip with the microwave, will be trying that one! Do yours actually eny up looking like the chips they show on the website? Mine always come out looking too well done or under done, I cant seem to get that golden brown colour! Any ideas?

Fat beauty - Thanks lovely! I'm definitely feeling luck that Chris has joined, so far its proving much easier with both of us doing it. No more of those horrible meals where I'm having a salad while he tucks into a massive cheesy pizza! its much easier cooking for 2 as well :)

Timmie - Hey hun, welcome to my diary! Good luck for weigh in this week, I'm sure you'll have a fabby loss now star week is over. It's always hard the weeks you don't get the result you're after, but stick with it and it'll come off I promise ya!

Lola - Yeah I'm hoping the * week bloat will be gone by Thursday too! I felt super bloated on my first weigh in so I'm secretly hoping I'll get a really good loss this first week and beat Chris! I know it won't last though as men always seem to have the biggest losses!

Gwella - Hey hun, Don't worry I'm not expecting to 'win' every week, just some, I hope! ;) I know he'll drive me up the wall if he beats me every week though!

Rochelle - I had exactly the same thing with my Chris too, I asked him to go before and he just wasn't interested at all. I think he got to the point like most of us did that he realised he really needed to do something about his weight though. Just so proud of him for joining, it must be much harder for a bloke to walk into a SW class than a woman. It was so embarrassing though 'cos when the consultant came to greet us she said 'hello ladies', he does have long hair but still, bit cingeworthy, even worse was when he replied 'i'm not a lady' - arghh! :D:p

Teasel - Damn right, I love SW and its amazing that we can always have something to pick at/nibble on yet are losing weight at the same time :)

Na, they never look like the ones on the website lol, but if I can be bothered with the fuss of cutting them straight etc then as long as I separate them after the micro (they stick together if they've been touching) then they look better lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Na, they never look like the ones on the website lol, but if I can be bothered with the fuss of cutting them straight etc then as long as I separate them after the micro (they stick together if they've been touching) then they look better lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Glad its not just me with the unphotogenic SW chips! haha

Oooh I see you have a new diary too, off to sub! xx

My chips never look very good I just can't be fussed with cutting them lol I have a halo fryer though so don't need to boil or microwave first I just stick them in for 30 min great for if I've been to a class they cook whilst I'm in the shower! Also love butternut squash cooked as chips lately, a nice change from potato x

Back