From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hiya everyone, been really busy decorating bedrooms and getting new carpets laid.

Haven't been very good on the diet front but still lost 3 pound last night so over the moon, trying to be 100% today and get back 'into' it, would love to do it till xmas, hopefully!!!!

Keep wondering why I never ever stuck to weight watchers at the beginning of the year coulda lost a canny bit by now, never mind.

I am still going but finding it really really difficult, not a walk in the park like some people on th eboards.

I'll be in touch, bye for now x x x x

helo!! Were is everyone! Posted on the main board been really struggling but someone gave me a good talking to so back on track 100% tomorrow x x x

failed again!!! Had a healthy lunch though, soup and a wholemeal roll and pineapple!!!

Don't know if i am gonna get back on this!

Hi Quizz, Anni & Wobbly. I'm back from our trip to Callander. Had a great time, weather & scenery were lovely. Did a bit of shopping and bought some new clothes incl trousers in a size 12 - sooo pleased when they fitted, did consider not cutting off the size label on the outside. ;) LOL.
Finding it hard getting back on track with CD since l got home. I always find this after a holiday, it takes me a few days to get back into it.

Wobbly, please don't think of yourself as having failed, put thoughts like that behind you. I'm sure you can do this, whether it's on CD or another diet. I never thought l would be able to stick with CD, there was loads of times, especially earlier on when l was really struggling with it, somehow l hung on in there and l'm sooooo glad l did. My CDC is great and really supportive, l'm so grateful to her. CD has suited me, other diets in the past didn't, everyone is different. Did you find being on Lighter Life easier? Do you have a good CDC?

Whatever you do, don't think of yourself as having failed. Even if you do decide that CD isn't for you, you can try another diet and find the one that is right for you. You will get there. You are making positive steps to lose weight and become healthier. That in itself is success.

Hope each of you has a good Friday & good weekend too.

Last edited:
Meant to add earlier that l went to the doctor today as l'd been having bad upper back pain on & off for a while (couple of months ago had severe chest pain with it). Today the doctor took some blood samples & is sending me for a scan, she thinks it could be gallstones/gallbladder. Have any of you had problems with that since losing weight? My Mum did about 11 years ago.

Last edited:
Hiya

I posted on the main board yesterday, i was at the doctors with chest pains, i thought gallstones when i read up on the internet locum said pulled muscle in my back!!! WTF!

The pain has been over the last 3 weeks and happened about 5-6 times, one time so severe i was physically sick! It happened when I HAD eaten so I think gallstones, luckily it is ok when i am on cd 100% so think that's my best bet.

had a crap day agaon but starting again tomorrow 100% definately 9 weeks to my xmas party !!!

See ya soon and glad you back been quiet round here x x x

Quizz, l don't know if l've missed you and you are away to Vermont? I checked out the link you posted to where you are staying, it looks fab. Vermont is a New England state isn't it? It will be so beautiful there just now with all the autumn/fall colours. The furthest north l have been in the US is Boston. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Anni, not sure if l've missed you as well. Are you away to Pitlochry yet? Hope you have a great time.

Wobbly, hope you are having a good day. Stay strong. Keep thinking of the Christmas party.

hi girlies

Im still here, but working every day this week as we have some girls down with swine flu at work :-( so, everyone pitching in. Im just thinking of all the overtime money - just in time for xmas.

Glad you ad a great holiday Dis....im off to Pitlochry on Monday...so busy weekend with work again tomorrow and packing on sunday.

Ive now managed to lose the 1lb i put on - but even following WW im finding nothing else coming off :-( I will persevere for another few weeks and if the weight still isnt budging - then i will do a quick SS before xmas.

have a great night all.... im off to try the new oven! Not quite sure what im going to make in it though lolol

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Team 26sters, hope everyone is having a good week.

Wobbly, hope you are doing ok. Hang in there. You can so do this. Remember you can lose a lot by Christmas.

Anni, hope you have a great time at Pitlochry & also at Stobo Castle.

Quizz, hope you are having a fab time in Vermont.

Things have been going ok for me CDwise. Very busy at the moment helping pack/clear out my mother-in-law's house as she is moving to a smaller house 2 weeks from now. Been to the charity shop & recycling centre with loads & loads of stuff.

Last edited:
Hiya

I am not doing cambridge anymore, sick of it now!

Going to join weight watchers on wednesday lunch time and hammer the gym x x

Wobbly, good luck with weight watchers. Wishing you all the best.

Just want to check

Who is your team leader?
Do you have 6 team members?
Are you able to enter the challenge this week?

Irene xx

Hi Irene,

Quizzicalgrrl is our team leader (she is in the U.S. on holiday at the moment)
We don't have 6 team members, we did have 4 until recently, but l think one person (Wobbly71) has stopped cambridge diet and is now doing weight watchers. Our other team member is baby_callalillies, she is on holiday at the moment.
We aren't able to enter the challenge this week.

So your team needs some new members?

Yes, we do.

Is that the Angel of the North you have in your avatar? I come from Gateshead.

Yes. I really like the Angel of the North. I took that photo in July 2008, when we were on holiday. In the photo my two children are at it's feet (although you can't see that in the avatar with the photo being reduced in size). It's one of my favourite photos.
We were back in the Gateshead area for a short break this August - went shopping at the Metrocentre, visited Durham & the sealife centre at Tynemouth - lovely beach. We also discovered stotties - yummy! (was having a break from the diet ;))
I really like the Newcastle accent. I'm from Ayr, Scotland.

Last edited:
I confess I have never been close to it. You could see it from my mam's house.

I was in Ayr two weeks ago. We stayed at Sandylands caravan park

Where did you stay when you were down in the north east?

Irene xx

Where did you stay when you were down in the north east?

In July 2008 we stayed at Haggerston Castle caravan park, near Berwick upon Tweed. We took day trips to Metrocentre & Alnwick Castle, which was great.
This August we stayed at the Marriott at the Metrocentre for 2 nights, then stayed 3 nights at a Travel Inn at Sunderland.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Ayr.

Back