From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hope everyone has had a good day?!

Today I have done my xmas shopping, only got a couple of bits left to get now :) and me and Mr Exp have booked tickets to see P!nk at Alton Towers next June as our xmas present to each other :D:D:D (as you might be able to tell I'm quite excited!)

Sunday Weigh

Morning ladies.

I ended the week at -5 officially! :)

Pink Tickets sound amazing. You will so enjoy it!!

I need to get cracking with my shopping.

So onto the usual Sunday stuff, sheets change, washing, catch up on some work and see 3 customers more, already saw one at 8:30 this morning.

What are you girls doing today? xx

PS sun finally out here, hope it sticks! x

Results this week are

3 Results

Team Loss - 2.10%

Biggest Loser - Quiz - 2.09%

Well Done Girls! :happy096:

hi all

well done quizz :-0)

So jealous, but great news for you.

Not much to report...finding it difficult to stick to WW, still hovvering above my total CD loss by 3lbs! I will give it another couple of weeks...then maybe SS for a bit ( i miss the routine. no choices needing made, just 3 shakes and thats it)!

Hope you are all having a good sunday.
take care
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, l've not been about over the weekend as l had to go to the hospital emergency dept on Saturday morning & was kept in overnight, suspected gallbladder/gallstones problem, pain was excruciating, had to be given morphine twice, they let me home late this afternoon, l'm comfortable & pain free at the moment. X-ray wasn't clear. I already had an upper abdominal scan appointment at hospital for this Tues so still to attend that & get more tests done afterwards. Doctor today says all the signs are it's gallstones, will know for sure after scan, if it is, treatment will be surgery (hopefully keyhole!) - yikes! :eek:

Last edited:
Well I have been to WI and have gained 1.5lbs :eek::rolleyes: I hate TOTM!!! :cry:

Oh DP that is not good news, hope they sort it out for you as soon as poss and glad you are pain free at the moment!
Bummer on the 1.5 on exp, still as it's TOTM it should shift easy enough for next week!
I am hoping for a good loss this week, have been very good!!

I think you mean my 1.5 lol :)

I am job hunting, had a telephone interview this morning that I think i screwed up haneously! :eek: good job I wasn't bothered about the job!, have just phoned for an application for a sales advisor in a jewellers, much better hours :D

Hiya everyone

I'm leaving the team aaahhhh.......

Gonna give cambridge a break. I am waiting for an ultrasound scan, GP thinks I have got gallstones. Had symptoms about a month ago and then really bad over the weekend - like heart attack!! Really bad.

GP advised me to eat a healthy diet, plenty of fruit and veg and wholegrains (which I know already)!! Will wait and see what happens and may return in the new year.

Apparently if it is gallstones it is an op to remove gall bladder!

Anyway, I will keep popping over to see how you are all doing.

Bye for now x x x

Nicola, good luck with the job hunting.

Wobbly, wishing you all the best. In a min. going to post update on my recent gallstones experience! :eek:

Quizz, hope you are feeling a lot better.

Hi Anni & Ruth, hope you are both doing well.

Had my scan this morning re suspected gallstones. Usually the results would go back to the Dr. who referred me for the scan (my GP), this could take 14 days, but on Sunday l was told by the Dr. l saw at the hospital that after the scan l was to go back to the hospital station/ward and see her again. I asked the lady who did the scan if it would be possible that the Dr. would be able to tell me any info from the scan by then. She said she would try and get the results sent up on the computer. Went to ward, waited to see Dr. (she had been called into surgery). When she was available she confirmed straight away that l had gallstones, her words were "your gallbladder is chalk full of gallstones" She said at one point on Saturday it looked like it could have lead to pancreatitis. She hadn't mentioned this to me on Saturday or Sunday, glad now she didn't as l'd have been even more worried. She said l've to have the gallbladder removed, keyhole surgery (all going well!) and l'm on the priority list, hopefully the operation will be done in the next few weeks, possibly before Christmas.

I mentioned to the Dr. about losing weight - had this triggered/brought about the gallstones. She said l did the right thing losing weight as it will have benefited my overall health. She said gallstones are more common in overweight people, although they can lie dormant sometimes & not cause problems. It could well be that my unhealthy diet pre-CD had given me gallstones and the symptoms hadn't presented themselves then. She said that different food intake can alter the bile composition/salts and this can bring about an attack.

I'm calmer about it all now that l know the results & know what's going to happen (hopefully). Last night l was feeling down, thinking l've caused this to happen to myself by going on a diet to improve my health and ended up making my health worse. This morning even before the scan l felt calmer & more positive again. worries always seem worse late at night l think. I'm glad the doctor was able to explain things to me. She was great.

Hopefully l'll have nothing more than minor pain until the operation. If l get another flare-up l've to get to hospital asap.
Feel anything could set an attack off again - l didn't have anything to eat/drink this morning, after scan l had wholemeal salmon & cucumber sandwich (no mayo, dressing or anything), which l've been told is fine to eat - not on CD 810 plan l know, but l'm eating a little bit more carbs for now, will be happy if my weight sts for now (it was this morning). l've got a bit of back pain now - nothing severe, but there's pain there all the same. Had it last night too.

So that's the update!

Last edited:
Please advertise for another team member to take my place on the team/weekly weight loss challenge. I'd like to continue to be able to post on the thread from time to time but not be incl. in future team weigh-ins for the weekly team challenge. Maybe l could be a sort of honorary non-member, ie there but having no real function :D LOL

As l'm awaiting the gallbladder surgery & with my weight now being in the healthy bmi range l'm happy enough for my weight to sts (if l do somehow lose the other 4lbs to get to my goal weight, that would be fine too, l'm also totally determined not to pile weight back on, l know many a restarter will have said that before me!, longterm maintenance is going to be a whole new challenge), so with me having little or no weight loss in coming weeks it's best to bring someone new on board to get the team back to full strength so to speak. Also with Wobbly gone, that'll be 2 new team members. Yay!

Thanks to every one of you for support & encouragement. :grouphugg:

Last edited:
Hi Disney!

Thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear that you have gallstones, but glad they have diagnosed and you are on the list.

Please do keep posting as our non-Member, the team wouldnt be the same without you.

We want to support you through maintanance xxx

Well, aren't we a healthy lot!!?
I got an appointment through today I need an op in Dec, nothing major hopefully but I will have a general anaesthetic so I will be needing to change plan for that, but still going to try and stick with the CD throughout, so I'm still in if you'll have me!?

Good luck Wobbly, look after yourself and keep in touch!
DO - KEEP POSTING!!!

Back