From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Thanks Quiz. :)

Well, aren't we a healthy lot!!?
I got an appointment through today I need an op in Dec, nothing major hopefully but I will have a general anaesthetic so I will be needing to change plan for that, but still going to try and stick with the CD throughout, so I'm still in if you'll have me!?

Good luck Wobbly, look after yourself and keep in touch!
DO - KEEP POSTING!!!

Ruth, wishing you all the best for the op. Take care.

I'm still having a couple of CD things a day at the moment (today l had a shake & a bar) in addition to having some protein & introducing a little bit more carbs to prepare myself for surgery. Did a little bit of work last night & went into the office this morning, by afternoon was feeling tired & had a bit of pain again, had to take some pain relief tonight which has helped, the pain wasn't anything like as bad as it was on Saturday, not even on the same scale. I'm in bed typing away on the laptop at the moment :D, so not feeling too bad at all now.

I'm now writing a daily diary of everything l eat, thought this would be a good idea on two counts - it will help keep me on track re maintenance, but importantly will hopefully help pinpoint if any foods in particular are making my symptoms worse. Also taking a note of daily activity, when l'm tired, feeling sick, pain level, times l'm having to take pain relief, so if need be l can show this to my GP/hospital doctor

Last edited:
Ruth, what plan/step are you moving up to in order to prepare for your op?
I was thinking of asking my CDC how many cals/ what step l should be on pre & post my surgery when l see her again on Friday.

All the best for your op's Ruth and Ruth! hope your both sorted soon! and DP please stay as our honorary non member :)

I guess I should go advertise our spaces :eek:

Weather's terrible here today, raining & windy. My son is off school unwell - has been off all week so far! He's been at the doctor's already this week, took him back today to get the seasonal flu vaccination (as he's considered to be in at risk group due to other health problems) and the doctor said he wasn't well enough to have it. He's meant to be having the swine flu vaccination on Tuesday after school. Still feeling weak, tired & sickish myself. Things are bound to get better, l hope. :)

Last edited:
Don't know what's happening yet, I am still hoping to getting it done under a local! Know for sure tomorrow, so yesterday's panic may not have been needed!!!!! LOL!
Just been weighed, I'm a bit shocked I lost 11lbs!! Off to change my ticker!

Is there still space in here for another one??

Thanks!!! I'm still a bit shocked myself!! Only 2lb to go and I'm halfway! WooHoo!
Hi Trudy!!

woohoo - thanks for having me girls :)

OK, a little about me... ermm... I'm married, have 3 girls (14, 11 and 7), live in Northern Ireland and work full time (office work so lots of sitting about and loaddsss of food grr)

I first did CD two years ago and lost 5 stone but have put about 3 1/2 of that back on :mad: My own fault, came off it intending to go back on after Christmas and never did so didn't work through the plans etc - determined this time. I've about 6stone to lose and had my first weigh in last night of 10lbs if that can be included in this week's challenge?

Height and start weight are <<< over there...

I'll have a look at some of the earlier posts to learn a bit about you lot and feel free to ask anything I haven't covered here :D

ps... Ruth, well done on your loss - people like you inspire me to keep going :)

Hello and welcome Trudy :)

Its all been go go go here, my eldest was involved in a car accident yesterday! He's unhurt just annoyed that the car has been totalled! so for the last 2 days I have been rushing about sorting getting the car home, sorting the insurance, getting it off to the garage to be assessed etc etc as its my car not his :rolleyes: (I use the husband's car mainly) I'm fairly sure its going to be a write off :cry:

Nightmare for you, exp although, as quiz says, I'm glad he's ok!

So am I! I must of cried all the way driving to the scene of the accident after he phoned me :cry:

:welcome2: Trudy, hope you really enjoy being part of this team.

Exp, sorry to hear about your son's accident, glad he is ok though.

Ruth, well done on your weight loss that's brilliant.

Weighed myself this morning & l'm still 9st 7lbs/133lbs. :)
Wish l new when l was going to have my operation, hope it's sooner than later (it could be before Christmas). Yesterday had to cancel us going to a wedding next Saturday, as l'm just not well enough, also food would likely have been a problem & could have triggered an another flare-up of the pain. :(

Last edited:
Back