From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Yes Trisha we have one space left :)

Morning team :) and welcome Trisha, glad you got a space in here.

I've a busy day ahead so not sure how much I'll get on here today. Always find weekends harder with water and packs as I'm out of my normal routine grrr. Hope everyone has a great day!

PS... do we have a team icon?

hi everyone and thanks

Well I've been doing cd for what seems like forever. I first started in September 08 and did really well and got down to 10 st, which was my original goal, I then changed it to 9 - 9st 7, and started moving up the plans, this coincided with a close friend becoming really ill (cancer) and I started to struggle sadly she died in July and I struggled even more and my weight went up to 10 st 6, I've had numerous restarts, but can't seem to get my head around it. Then in September this year my daughter started at uni in Newcastle, and added to this a load of stress at work and my weight has gone up to 10 st 11 lbs :( again keep trying to restart but failing, so really need lots of support.

what info do you need team stats?

:welcome2:Trisha, hope you really enjoy being part of this team. So sorry to hear about your close friend. My Aunt is battling cancer at the moment.
All the best with getting back on track with CD, l found once your mind gets back into that "CD zone" as l call it, it gets a whole lot easier.

Trisha just to let yourself & Trudy know a bit about me. I'm age 43, married with 2 children (ages 13 & 6). I've been with this team since April, but since last week l'm no longer one of the 6 official Team 6 members re the weekly team weigh-in challenge since l'm happy enough to maintain my current weight (BMI now 23.6) as l'm waiting on having an operation. The team is kindly letting me continue to post on here. I think this will help me stay focused when it comes to maintenance.

Since l started Cambridge Diet in March this year l've lost 72lbs/5st 2lbs on it, even with taking the scenic route ;), ie breaks for holidays, family celebrations etc. I think it's a great diet, hard to stick to sometimes, but so worth it in the end - l used to be a size 18/20 (mostly a 20) & now l'm a size 12. I know maintaining my weight loss longterm is going to be a real big challenge for me, but l'm determined to keep trying my very best.

I'm really pleased that the team is back to full strength now with 6 full members - Exp, Quizz, Ruth, Anni, Trudy & Trisha.

Hope you all have a really good weekend.

Last edited:
Hey Trisha, welcome we are glad to have you with us!

I am 39, soon to be 40, I live with my partner and our 4 tiny dogs in London.

For my "regular" job I work as a mathematician for a large American computer company, and I have 10 CD clients I see for fun and conversation.

I moved to the UK from New York 7 years ago and my accent is a really strong NY one which makes people laugh.

Since joining CD I have gone from over 200 down to 159 and now back to 169, so trying to get to the goal before I am 40!!

We are a great group of girls and so looking forward to supporting you and Rudles on your journey xx

Quizz, when are you 40? (if it's not too cheeky to ask). We'll have to have a virtual team party. :party0023::party0049::party0016: (those are bottles of water of course! LOL)
I loved my 40th birthday. (l didn't get drunk, but l certainly enjoyed the champagne). :party0016: :)

Hi Disney I am 40 on 11 March!

Hopefully I can have a margarita. I like the idea of champagne but it gives me a banging headache. (maybe that is because I have never had any good stuff!)

This weekend, we have been dejunking, I am being ruthless in my pursuit of getting rid of anything I have not touched in at least a year xx

Thanks for the welcome, oh and I have been out all day doing a bit of walking, Christmas shopping and looking at houses! been ok cd wise today took a bar with me and just had a coffee while out.

Hi Disney I am 40 on 11 March!

Quizz, you'll be at your goal weight and well established on maintenance by then. You'll be 40 and looking fabulous. :party0049::party0048::clap: 11th March is also my brother Ryan's birthday.

evening all xxxxxxx hope everyone's had a good day. I went out to meet friends tonight and unexpectedly ended up having a meal - managed to stick to seared chicken breast and veg so hopefully should be ok :)

sitting chilling now watching the X Factor repeat

Sweet dreams everyone xxxxxxxxxx

Hey Disney! Thanks! I rarely ever meet anyone who has an 11 march b-day.

Rudles well done for sticking to plan.

I have a lot planned for today, need to pick someone up at the airport and have a customer at 12:15.

Last night I varnished my nails in a Christmas-y shade to get me in the spirit.

What are you all doing today?

xx

Well done Rudles for sticking with chicken & veg. :)

I rarely ever meet anyone who has an 11 march b-day.
My birthday is 1st November, l don't think l've ever met anyone whose birthday is the same day.

Quizz, today l'm just staying indoors. I don't have much energy at the moment, at least l'm not in any pain today though. I did a bit of accounting work for my husband this morning (l work for his C.A. practice). He's kindly doing the hoovering for me just now. :D
I did a little bit of Christmas shopping yesterday, l've got most of the Christmas presents now, l want to be organised in case l get called in for my op, l'm on the priority list, so hopefully l'll have the surgery over before Christmas. :cross:

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Quizz, l meant to say l googled images of Syon Park after you mentioned it in an earlier post. It looks so beautiful, stunning. Is it far out of central London? I'd love to go to London again sometime with my husband & the kids.

Hey All!! Welcome Trisha!
Erm.. I may have lost 11lbs but I haven't stuck to plan since, but as of now I am going for damage limitation til Thursday! I always struggle when I am working it's so much easier to do when I am at home!
Glad your son is ok Exp, what a nightmare for you, your heart must have been in your mouth!

been out most of today but stuck to plan, had to buy a new moniter for comp as the old one wouldn't come on, well it kept going blank, been on the blink for a while, going to wrap christmas presents ready for sister in law and brother in law who are arriving on Thurs and staying until sunday

hey peeps xxxx had a busy day today and only just got here, hope everyone's ok :)

Sorry I didn't manage to collate results for this weeks challenge its beena bit of a hectic week and tbh I'm seriously dreading WI tomorrow! gawd only know how bad it will be!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok?

Morning everyone have a good day, I'm deading wi as well was considering putting off until tomorrow, though what good that will do I don't know, might as well bite the bullet and get on with it and start afresh,

Morning ladies - we've all been there when we dread stepping on the scales but step on, step off and put it behind you. Don't be disheartened :)

Have a good day everyone xxx

Morning Girls... I think we should just all jump on the scale today and leave the grimaces behind. Then we know what we are working with for the week...

What do you think? xx

Back