From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

I am being so so :eek:

I gained 3lb this week, most likely water :rolleyes:

My Mum has an appointment for a scan on the 22nd for suspected gall stones :cry: and is refusing to have surgery if it does turn out to be gall stones!:rolleyes:

Glad your doing ok Dis, and heres to a speedy recovery :)

My Mum has an appointment for a scan on the 22nd for suspected gall stones :cry: and is refusing to have surgery if it does turn out to be gall stones!:rolleyes:

Glad your doing ok Dis, and heres to a speedy recovery :)

At first l was quite scared at the thought of surgery, but after having talked it through with the consultant it was the only option really. Based on my experience l would say if the doctors recommend surgery go for it. If you put it off there could be even more painful attacks in the future, it could affect your liver, cause pancreatitis or other serious complications.
Hope your Mum's scan goes well on the 22nd.

Thanks for your good wishes.

hi I'm here, was busy yesterday late meeting at work, then went to the gym and got home late, so far been good for 2 days, just need to get back into ketosis, getting ready for my daughter coming home form uni on Saturday, I got some new bedding for her room. Also going to put the tree up tonight so it looks nice christmasy for when she gets home!

Hey Trisha that sounds lobely. I bet your daughter will be well pleased with her new bedding.

By the way, has anyone ever had bedding from next, and if so, how did you find the quality?

I had a decent day yesterday, but this morning I came on a week early. This is for the best be cause maybe I will be all done and dusted before my mom gets here Tuesday morning.

Speaking of dusting, I am doing a deep clean on the house in preparation for my mom and stepdad. You know doing all those things I usually neglect for months like skirtingboard and picture rails etc.

How is everyone getting on?

xx

Hi still plodding on slowly, deep cleaning the house arn't you good,
where is everyone? whole of minims seems quiet!

TGIF had a tough week at school, kids are all hyped up because of Christmas, teachers are keeping them working all week and also next week, they normally let them watch dvd's providing they can link them into subject area, but they have to work all next week, except for when its the carol sevice. Y7's won't know thats not normal practice but Y8's up have already switched off and moan like crazy when they have to work, still only 5 more school days then its the holidays!

Hi, hope everyone is doing well.
I guess Minis is quiet with everyone busy getting ready for Christmas.

I got my op staples removed yesterday (they just look like the staples we use in our office, quite small - size 56 l'd say LOL :p). Getting them removed was surprisingly painless, l'd been preparing myself for it to be a lot sorer.

I'd done most of my Christmas shopping before my op, so today l'm just going into town with my daughter to get her new shoes/sandals for her school Christmas party. She's age 13. Think we'll go out for lunch too. If l'm not too tired the 4 of us are hoping to go to a garden centre & see the Christmas displays in the afternoon.

Quizz, good luck with the cleaning. Great your Mum and stepdad are arriving soon.

Our schools don't finish until Wed 23rd Dec, so hopefully that will give me the chance to catch up with some housework & get organised for Christmas. OH is doing what he can, but this time of year to end of Jan is his very busiest workwise (he's a chartered accountant & 31st Jan is clients' tax returns/accounts deadline)

Hope you all have a good weekend. :)

Last edited:
had a lovely weekend daughter came home form uni on Saturday, been out for the day with us today, we went out walking and doing a bit of shopping, had a nice lunch, in a lovely cafe, I just had a home made soup so hopefully not done too much damage!

trisha, that sounds lovely. I wish I had kids.

Disney, your statement about staples made me laugh out loud. Is the scar huge. How are you feeling?

Exp, are you back on the wagon?

xxxx

Disney, your statement about staples made me laugh out loud. Is the scar huge. How are you feeling?

Hi Quizz, l had keyhole surgery which meant only 4 small scars (11 staples in all)- 2 of the scars are about 1cm long, one is 1/2cm & one is 2cm - pretty small really. A couple of them are fading already. If l had been very overweight or there had been complications the op would have probably been open surgery which would have meant a much bigger scar and longer recovery time.
I think l've recovered pretty well from the operation, but l'm tired & nauseous from time to time, l think that's related to my blood count being low. I've to take iron tablets, others for inflammation & occassionally painkillers for upper backpain, if that continues too long l've to go back to the doctor.

Hope you are all doing well and getting organised for Christmas.

Exp, are you back on the wagon
xxxx

I'm really sorry I've been pants at posting, its been so hectic with it being the last week at school, went to the panto with the whole school yesterday! 7 coaches of kids!

I lost 2lbs this week

been hetic for me to lots on at school carol service, department lunch, christmas parties etc afraid the diet has gone out the window this week :(

where is everyone? I expect everyone busy with Christmas shopping etc. Had a few days off cd due to events might leave it until after Christmas day then start again

I assume everyone is 'snowed' under with xmas stuff!

I gained 3.8lbs this week whoops!!!

My mum had her scan yesterday and it is gall stones, just have to wait for the report to get to the GP now to see what they want to do about it

Hope everyone has a great xmas!!! xxx

Hello All!

Are you all set for Christmas? My Mom and StepDad are here from America so very busy and cleaning, wrapping etc.

Are we making any New Year's Resolutions for 2010?

xxx

Brother in Law arrived for Christmas,

New Years resolutions ? yes to stop messing around cheating on cd and finally get to goal

New Years resolution....... to get my arse in gear and get back on track!!!! :eek:

hi, i saw you were looking for new members and wondered if you still had space? ive done CD before, after being v ill, and putting on alot of weight, im back on it, hopefully wil lose the last few stone before our dream holiday in aug!
so, do you have any space?
trcay

Back