From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Hello Everyone! Welcome Scooter and Mum. Tell us a bit about yourselves.

I am 39 soon to be 40 (in 48 days, not that I am counting!) ha ha

I am a Counsultant, an American living in London for the last 7 years. I need to lose 35-40 lbs more, so back to SS.

Love to everyone> xx

I'm Anna, I'm 37, mum of one, have PCOS and insulin resistance so baby no.2 isn't coming along so easy, hence why I'm on CD!

I'm on day 4 of SS and feeling absolutely terrible, I'm verging on puking, I have heartburn and I'm feeling miserable, I'm close to finding something to eat cos they thought of CD is making me heave.

What do I do???!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiya! The first few days of SS are dire. Can you have a little nap? I promise if you can just make it thru the first few days you will be golden. xx

I've had a slice of toast and banana :( have i blown it?

Cheers babe, I have to go and ready for work now, wish I could go to bed!! xx

Thanks for the welcome guys...Do any of you go by first names? Mines jaz:)

I'm mum to one (lol) gorgeous 20 month old, and will be trying for baby number two late spring - after this wedding has passed by. I'm a young funky 38 year old (bought my first antiwrinkle cream today:eek::eek::eek:) pmsl.

Like I said I'm back on cd as I did so well losing the original baby weight.

Had my weigh in today and lost 4lbs:bliss: so am very happy. That's 1/2 a stone in 2 weeks. NOte to self....must keep it up.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys....looking forward to getting to know you all better;)

forgot to say quizzicalgrrl we have the same targets.....we'll do it together!!!!

I'm trisha (40 something aarrggh! ) mum of one 19 year old girl who is her her first year at uni, and I'm missing her sooo much she won't be home again until easter, so I'd like to be at goal or almost there for when she comes home. The house seems so quiet with just me and dd in, it used to be full her her and her mates :cry:

I didn't realise you could have a screen name when I signed up and don't know how to change it, think you have to ask an administrator or something so just left it as my name!

Went straight to te gym after work but only swam then did shopping so only just got in and had my shake. I have to admit I fell off the wagon today, had a couple of chocolates ( I know!!) and a couple of crackers and now I'm full of regret. I'm a veggie so can't really nibble ob chicken when i get the urge to eat :( hey quiz as a cdc can you suggest something suitable for veggies?

Good morning ladies,

Well I feel a lot brighter this morning and a lot more positive. So far I've had nothing this morning and I don't feel hungry, so I'm hoping that yesterdays little incident hasn't affected me going into ketosis and even if it has I'm still pretty sure that I'm over the whole sicky thing anyway. The first time I did CD I ended up having egg and toast on day 3/4 cos I felt horrible, that seemed to cure me and it was plain sailing after that (although I continued to cheat). This time I'm not going to cheat, I'm going to stick to it 100% cos if I'd done that the last time I might be almost at goal by now :mad: anyway, no-one to blame but myslef. I've told my friends, no lunches, no going for 'eats' on nights out. My first thing to aim for 'eats' wise is my cousin's wedding on Mar 13th, there'll be a meal so I will enjoy myself (carefully) that night.

On Mar 27th I have a big night out with a whole load of people who knew me when I was slim, saw me put on on the weight in horrendous circumstances and I don't want them to see me like this, if you know what I mean, so I want to be a couple of stone down at least! :eek:

Anyway, have a great day ladies, onwards and upwards! xxxx

Morning girls.. I hade a cheat free day yesterday so I am proud of that.

My real name is Charlotte :) Most of my friends call me ChaCha which is funny because I don't dance...

Trisha.. good oprions for you are a bit of quorn the chunks and broccolli. Do you eat eggs? I think a hardboiled egg in a time of emergency works a treat!

It's raining down here in London today, I long for the sun.

I have a "regular" job that I work at and only do CD for about 10 people, it is a real social outlet for me, because mostly I work with men.

Jaz, we do have the same goals, we will be there soon. I totally can't wait.

What do you all say about making a plan to cope with Valentine's Day?
xx

Indeed, valentines day. I live in Scotland and we have Burns day on Mon, and traditionally we have haggis, neeps and tatties, carbfest basically! I may have to send DH and DS off to my mums for dinner! Oh wait I'll be working, ok, problem solved. :D

what are neeps and tatties?

Neeps - turnip
Tatties - potatoes

I'm having a fairly poo week, struggling to stay on track ( and after such a good loss last week!!!) and appear to be coming down with yet another cold!!!! :rolleyes: I so so so want to try and make goal before we go on holiday in May! :cry:

Welcome to Jaz, I'm Nicola I was team leader before xmas, dunno if people want me to continue? and I'm 37yrs old, married with two sons aged 18 and 6 the younger has ASD with ADHD so can be a bit of a challenge :eek:

I am looking at adding another fitness class :eek: I do aquacise 3 times a week but they don't do a class on a Friday :sigh: so I have been looking into a Spin & Sculpt class :eek: has anyone ever done on of these? :confused:

evening everyone had a c*** day at work, Our line manager (senco) is a control freak, before christmas she asked me to load something on the computer, showing where the provision for the pupils was, which lessons they had support in etc. she drew out how she wanted it and just asked me to type it up on computer, which I did. Today she said she couldn't understand it and I hadn't done it how she wanted and had a real go at me UNTIL I showed her her hard copy,( I kept this because I know what she's like) she just went quiet then said that I had to change it, because she now didn't want it that way, really wish I could tell her where to stick her job. The department is a full streach as there are 4 Teaching Assistants off sick and they still haven't replaced the girl that left at half term. we are all meeting our selves coming back. If we could split ourselves in two it wouldn't be good enough and talk about wanting her pound of flesh, she's forever on our backs. just hope I win the lottery tonight. Needless to say after the day I have had I have cheated :cry:

enough of my moaning. thanks for the ideas chacha but I don't like quorn or boiled eggs - I'm a very fussy veggie, I'm veggie because I don''t like the texture of meat, not because of the animals- either BUT I do like broccolli love it so thats a good option.

Nicola I work with children with special needs in a mainstream high school, and most of the pupils I work with are ASD and some have ADHD as well, so I can imagine how hard it must be for you.

As for valentines day, don't think we'll be going out for a meal, probably just have a day out somewhere, so I can take a bar with me and dd a packed lunch, but I will make him a nice meal. He knows not to buy me chocolates etc

Tom is in a mainstream primary currently, looking to try for a statement but I'm not hopeful, he's really bright we had him to a private ed psych in 2008 and at 5 he had a full scale IQ of 107! :rolleyes: we ended up starting him on meds for the ADHD last Oct which is helping him but only marginally :eek:

Valentines won't be an issue for me, I tend to book myself a treatment at the gym beauty salon and tell him thats what he's getting me :D

nicola one of the pupils I work with is very bright (ASD but not ADHD as well ) and he has a statement for 25 hours, I think you just need to fight for it, I think its harder to get one when they are so young though but the sooner they get support the better really, you just need your school to be supportive, and to stress the ADHD.

afternoon everyone are we having a good day? I feel really bloated after my carb binge yesterday, but hopfully back on track today, Just finished the housework andnow getting stuck into dh a/cs that should take me a while I haven't done them for a couple of weeks.

Enjoy the rest of your saturday!

Last edited:
Back