From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Here's the link to the thread l posted on the main forum re making CD mousse.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/135089-how-do-you-make-perfect-cd-mousse.html

Just made some - turned out really well, l think l wasn't whisking it for long enough/getting enough air into it before. Also it's important to make sure the mix-a-mousse powder is stirred well into CD shake powder before you add the water.

ooh thanks for that gonna try again later :)

exp hope you're ok?

well nightmare day...lo has a vomiting bug and has been asleep on the sofa all day. He's the most active happy 20 month old so hate seeing him like this. been ill since sat...worried about dehydration now :(

I do a lush mousse even if I do say so myself lol :D and all flavours I never have the shakes as a shake always as a mousse :cool:

exp hope you're ok?

well nightmare day...lo has a vomiting bug and has been asleep on the sofa all day. He's the most active happy 20 month old so hate seeing him like this. been ill since sat...worried about dehydration now :(

Hope he gets better soon. Can you get him to take some cooled boiled water in his bottle/beaker? It's a real worry when they are small and unwell.
If he doesn't pick up soon l'd take him to the doctor.

Hi everyone,

It was my weigh-in today and I hit 73.2 (161 lbs). Pretty good for my first week although I feel like I have starved 10 kilos off.
I'm feeling ok but still have food cravings and find night time the worst. Started gym this week. It just makes me more hungry after a workout so I might try walking for 30 mins before I start lifting weights etc. I dont feel I would be able to complete a class. I feel light headed most of the day. Does anybody else feel light headed?

Ok Lots of news here tonight:

EXP : I am so sorry. Are you ok?
Mum: How is the baby?
Disney, I am so happy to see you, back on track we are
Scooter, can I give you my mobile and we can text each other if KFC is calling?
72: Well done!!
Trisha: your work sounds awful.. How was the mousse?

xx to all xx

72lbs, well done on your 7lb loss - that's great.
l felt very lightheaded in the early days of Cambridge, apart from some walking l felt l couldn't do other exercise to start with. Once your body gets used to the diet the lightheaded feeling should go.

just tried the mousse at last it turned out right thanks forthe link disney I did a choc one - only flavour I have left until cdc tomorrow. previously tried stawberry and vanilla but that was when they didn't turn out right, can't wait to try them now!

Scooter - glad you're back on track me too at long last

Exp hope you are ok after your bump, is the car ok, more important how are you?

mum hope little one is soon better

72 what a great loss well done

off to bed now I'm shattered, just been trying to apply for a new job online lost form twice after I'd completed it, wouldn't send just closed down the site :( something tells me its not meant to be!

good morning all. I had a 100% day yesterday, so Pleased with myself. If I can just make it through 3 total 100% days I will be golden!

What's on the cards for you girls today?

xx

Hi Quizz, well done on another 100% day. All the best for today.
I stayed on track yesterday too, which l'm pleased about after my soooo off plan weekend. :eek: Today is going fine so far, l've still got this horrible cold, just having a 1/2 CD chicken & mushroom soup & can't really taste it, going to have some vanilla mousse made with 1/2 a sachet.

Hope everyone has a good day.

I am fine :) Just waiting now for National Repair Centre to phone and tell me when they are collecting my car to assess it for repair! Me and the Hubby reckon a couple of grands worth of damage maybe a tad more!!! so deffo an insurance job :cry: and til they have assessed it and decided the outcome I have no car, and if its not repairable I have no car at all!!! :cry::cry::cry:

exp hope all goes well with the car, last summer a girl drove into my car while I was in church, it was at the garage for 10 weeks! luckily as it was her fault I had a replacement car. I think ours should have been written off, it was close but they decided to repair it, then after they'd almost finished it, it was meant to be coming back to us and was just being checked! they found yet more damage and because of what was already spent they had to carry on, still its okay now.

Quiz and Disney gald you've had 100% days this was day 3 for me but I've had a bit of a slip up, a couple of crackers and cheese :( hope it doesn't knock me out of ketosis. 8 more "get ups" until the holidays can't wait.

Hope you've all had a good day

Exp, hope you get it sorted out with the car soon.
A couple of weeks ago when it was icy a neighbour hit an oncoming car in our road then skidded into our car when it was parked in front of our house, the front & side of our car were damaged. We got a hire car when our car was in the garage.

Diet has gone well today, l'm drinking more hot water just now. I've a jug flask which holds a litre, l'm not so keen on cold water when the weather is cold.

Morning everyone. I had a 100% day yesterday, so just today to go to make it through the 3 100% days I was hoping for.

On the news this morning it said Scotland was in for a raft of snow today!

Great, more snow. :mad: Getting fed up with now.

Wasn't on much yesterday, had to phone doc about my 'sitting' problem, she prescribed me procstemol (?) and lactulose to ease my pain, it's worked a treat, I feel almost normal this morning, haven't been to the toilet yet though! However I may not have to, so this week I've been 100%, lost 2 of the 5 lbs I put on in one foul swoop on Sun (stupid, stupid, stupid) here's hoping it's gone plus at least an extra lb by Fri for the big weigh in. Or my CDC will be so disappointed after all the talk of 'this is it, this time I'm going to do it'.

Anyway, have a great day everyone :D

Morning everyone. I had a 100% day yesterday, so just today to go to make it through the 3 100% days I was hoping for.

On the news this morning it said Scotland was in for a raft of snow today!

Well done Quizz. I stayed on track yesterday too.

Some parts of Scotland have got snow, but we're on the west coast & haven't got any (yet!)

Hope everyone has a good day.

Last edited:
scooter, well done on the poop front!
Disney I hope the snow stays away.

I am going to try not to weigh until tomorrow but will report back when I do xx

Its snowing here! its started about 3 O'clock andhad to drive home from work in it. When I got onto our estate the car skidded across the road - very scary- luckily there were no other cars about, hope it goes for tomorrow I don't fancy having to drive into work in it.

CD wise not been 100% again! :cry: but more like 810 so not too bad though I'm supposed to be ss. quizz and disney where do you get your will power from?

Scooter I know what you mean about saying to cdc " this is it .this time I'm going to do it!" Have you any more snow yet?

Exp any news on the car?

quizz and disney where do you get your will power from?

My willpower is being tested tonight - my husband came home with lots of chocolate my MIL had bought for the kids. I know l couldn't trust myself to have just a little bit so l'm not going to have any at all. For me it's when l start with a little bit or picking that the craving for carbs kicks and it all goes downhill from there.

thats the same for me, I can't have a little bit of chocolate (or carbs for that matter) its all or nothing.

My daughter can have just one chocolate from a box (celebrations etc) and then not touch the box for a month or longer, last year she still had chocolates left over from easter at Christmas, and ended up throwing them away as they'd gone out of date. Good job she'd hidden them from me or I'd have eaten the lot! maybe thats why she's a size 6/8 and I'm a 14/16!!

Back