From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Today's gone well dietwise (so far!), glugging more water now.

Good luck for tomorrow Trisha & Mum2one.

Quizz, hope you are doing fine too.

all i've done ALL WEEKEND is eat:gen147:

Not sure what to do guys. Do I leave cd and restart when I'm ready....or do i ride it out.

Just need to get the head space right.........

I have a weekend away on 15th may and then lo's bday party bbq on 22nd so would like to be in the 10's................I JUST CAN'T GET OUT OF THE 11'S. Been like this for a year now :(

Mum2one, l know what you mean about getting the head space thing right, recently l've felt that l couldn't get into the right frame of mind, but today's gone well so here's hoping.

What's worked best for you in the past? Do you find cutting down/less carbs for a day or two helps ease you back into CD? That and making myself drink more water as helped me get back into the CD zone in the past.

15th May? 25 days - you can achieve a lot in that time.

We CAN do this.

mum know what you mean about not being able to get out of the 11s, I was in the 10s for ages trying to get into the 9s, then Christmas came and I've been yo-yoing around the 11s ever since :cry:

I agree with disney you need to be in the right frame of mind, but we all know cd works, so I'll ride it out, I've tried eating low carb instead of cd steps and ended up putting more weight on, I think cd disciplines you, I just need to get back on track and then go through the steps properly. You can lose quite a lot of weight in 25 days its almost 4 weeks.

Day one of restart going ok for me so far, I've done ss+ today, to ease myself back into cd, think I'll ss+ for a few days and then drop to ss.

Dis glad today is going ok for you too, come on girls we can and will do this

Last edited:
Day 1 going ok so far. SS+ for me too. 1.75 litres of water down so far, just about to have chicken for dinner (it's early, but l'm really hungry).

Trisha, glad it's going well for you too.

Day 2 going ok far. I always find the evenings the hardest, especially the first few days.

disney me too! I come home from work and its a struggle not to raid the fridge!

Day 2 going ok for me as well

Day 3 going well so far, headache has gone.

day 3 not so good for me, I forgot to take my salad to work for lunch, and none on in canteen, not much healthy choices (pasta and baked potatoes) so had broccoli soup, hoping its not too much damage :(

Trisha, broccoli soup shouldn't have done too much damage at all. Well done for resisting the other food on offer.

All the best for the rest of the day.

Sometimes l find it hard sticking to CD when l'm making dinner for my husband and the kids so l've been setting the oven timer to go on and my husband serves dinner when it's ready, that's helped me stick to the diet over the last couple of days. Hopefully once l'm well into ketosis l'll find it easier.

yeah I'm hoping so. Just had my shake so back on track.

I find cooking for my husband as well, I do like you and leave him to serve it up and I come up on the computer or have a bath/shower etc while he's having it.

Today my MIL gave us a pack of 3 bars of Dairy Milk for the kids (l've got two children). I was sooooo tempted to have some, but l didn't, l gave them theirs & went and brushed my teeth. Trying to persuade my husband to eat the third bar, he's got no trouble resisting chocolate, if he doesn't eat it the kids can have another 1/2 bar each. Hopefully in a couple more days l'll find it easier resisting temptation, last year when l was on CD l'm sure l found it easier the longer l was on it.

guys i'm still here....not ignoring you all. just having time out till monday.

gonna stick with...just need to get the binge out of my system. you know how it is.

well done on sticking to it guys

Mum2one, good to hear from you. You'll be back on track soon when you're ready. All the best.

well done on resisting the chocolate disney, don't think I'd be as strong. Luckily my husband is like yours, and my daughter can take or leave it as well (she took easter eggs back tu uni with her) and she'll still have them in summer if she hasn't given them away.

mum good to here from you, you'll soon be back on track, its been a bit of a struggle today, as I forgot my lunch and had to have some soup from work, and I've found it very hard since I got home, but hopefully the soup won't have done much "damage ".

Last edited:
Day 4 and going for it!

Trisha hope you have a good day too.

Mum2one hang in there, you'll know when you're ready to restart.

Day 4 going much better than day 3, remembered my salad for lunch! just got in from work and having a hot choc shake and feel so much better for sticking to it today.

Should have kept to the putting the oven timer on and my husband serving up the dinner - lasagne for tea tonight, l filled it out as DH wasn't home and l had a little bit, not much, but it'll be enough to take me out of ketosis, stupid me!!! Oh well what's done is done, still stupid of me though.

Well done Trisha, glad your CD day's gone well.

never mind dp know just how you feel look at what I did yesterday! I'm not in ketosis and I know its because of the soup yesterday!

Back