From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

oops! - just read the 2 earlier posts.

Hi Mum2one, sorry you've been unwell, being ill for 8 days sounds awful. Take it easy getting back on to CD.

Trisha, well done on getting back on track and only on putting l lb - l'm so impressed! Brilliant. :)

Last edited:
hi everyone. welcome back mum2one, sorry to hear you've been unwell, you'll soon get those lbs off again.

sarah sorry to hear about your sister, glad she's on the mend.

disney like you I have taken the scenic route just wish I could reach the final destination! I reckon your sil is also probably stressed if she's got her son's wedding coming up and especially since she's not lost weight she's probably jealous of you.

I reckon your sil is also probably stressed if she's got her son's wedding coming up and especially since she's not lost weight she's probably jealous of you.
Think you're right Tricia, the way she's been treating her Mum (my MIL), her daughter and her husband recently sounds like she's pretty stressed. Her daughter is getting married in October, hopefully after that she'll be less stressed and be back to more like how she used to be, for everyone's sake. ;)

weddings are really stressful and I suppose you always want to look your best so jealousy does rare it's ugly head...but you go girl :)

RIGHT......day one here i come 100% is the target

day one (again!!!) for me. wi confirmed 1 lb gain :( but after a whole week off plan it's not too bad and much better than I expected!. come on mum2one we can do this

Good day CDwise for me, so far! - loads of times l've done well during the day then blown it in the evening :rolleyes:, hopefully tonight l'll manage to stay on track.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::(:(:(:(:(:(:(

no need to say anything

disney I'm the same most of the time I'm fine all day then blow it at night, but just got to keep trying.

mum2one :hug99: put it behind you and start afresh tomorrow

It's 10:50pm, I'm safely upstairs in bed typing on my laptop, managed to stick to diet today, too tired now to go back downstairs to look for something to eat, LOL

Mum2one, tomorrow's a new day, just do your best, take it easy though, you've been unwell for quite a few days, so you maybe need to ease yourself back into CD, rather than going straight back to SS.

Hope everyone has a good day - we can do this! :)

guys i just can't do it :( I can't srtop eating. I;m never full.

I've never been like this and for some reason I don't care (but i do) about the weight gain if that makes sense.

CD really messes with your head and makes you binge eat............

I just need to find that motivation I've always had when doing it. I enjoy doing it too as I only do 810 and love my chicken salad. Atm if it's naughty i want it.

Guys is this a phase?????

not a bad day diet wise but got a splitting headache

Trisha, hope your headache is better soon. I had a migraine yesterday, tend to get that when l first cut down on carbs again, l took Neurofen migraine tablets which helped.

guys i just can't do it :( I can't srtop eating. I;m never full.

I've never been like this and for some reason I don't care (but i do) about the weight gain if that makes sense.

CD really messes with your head and makes you binge eat............

I just need to find that motivation I've always had when doing it. I enjoy doing it too as I only do 810 and love my chicken salad. Atm if it's naughty i want it.

Guys is this a phase?????

Mum2one, hang in there, you will get back on track. Keep in mind that you've not been well recently, so maybe your body is responding to that and needing more food.
I know what you mean about eating like you don't care, but at the same time you do. I find when l'm like that l eat food but l'm not really enjoying it.

After reading your post l just looked back at my journal/food diary - my most recent phase like that lasted several days :eek:, over the course of the last 15 months l've had a few spells like this (haven't added up how many, probably loads) but once it's run it's course l get back on track. Getting into drinking plenty of water and going out walking/jogging helps me get motivated again, when l don't do those two things that's when l seem to go astray.

hi mum2one I think it is a phase I've been through the same type of thing numerous times, for me its carbs (like oatcakes/biscuits) and chocolate (of course) I say to myself why are you eating this you don't want it, but it doesn't stop picking me when I'm in that frame of mind. I think the best thing (for me anyway) is to take it a day at a time, I've heard it said i takes 21 days to "kick the habit" so I've made myself a chart and stuck it to the fridge door " 21 days to kick the habit" and I cross the days off, day 2 at the moment. important thing is to keep on trying and not to give in.

thanks guys............i went to see my cdc today as she will be on her her hols next week, and will be starting cd on monday properly.

I'm coming around to the idea that i am coming through the 'other side' of this slip iynwim.

Hope you are all doing well ladies - hang in there
xxxxx

I'm doing okay but been doing more like 1000 cals (but my own version :( ) due to planned events hoping to get back into ss+, its our wedding anniversary on sunday , so might do 810 if we decide to go out, and do ss+ from monday.

mum glad your coming out "the other side" you'll feel better once you get back into the swing of cd

disney hope all is well

disney hope all is well

Hi, l'm doing ok thanks. Been moving up the CD steps in preparation for going on holiday in 3 weeks.
Really busy with work, seem to have loads of things on this month, incl. nephew's wedding before we go on holiday.
It's my son's birthday party with his school friends tomorrow, his actual birthday (he'll be 7) isn't until 1st July (day before we go on holiday), but this is the only time we could fit the party in. The party tomorrow is at a sports hall, we've got 19 children coming to it, should be good fun, eek!, LOL.

Mum2one, sounds like you are getting over the blip, you'll soon get back on track.

Trisha a 1000 cals or so is still really good, l think CD is harder the longer you've been on it (at least that's what l tell myself), it's important to enjoy social occassions and live a life along side dieting. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband.

so how much has everyone got left to lose???

1.5 stones for comfort and 2 stones to target..............:(

Trisha a 1000 cals or so is still really good said:
I tell myself the same thing disney, hope the party goes well, I remember kids parties, when my daughter was small !! glad that stage has passed.

Last year she had a joint 18th with her best friend 70 , 17 -18 year olds her friends mum and I were on pins the whole time, but they were all really well behaved and the people at the venue couldn't believe how well mannered and well behaved everyone was, "no mess at the end of the night no fights, no sick to clean up no breakages" they told us that often they had to call the police, so we left feeling quite proud of them and their friends

mum I'd like to lose another stone and a half, to get to goal but would really like to lose 2 stone to give me some leeway, come on we can do this

Losing another 10lbs would be good, a stone would be even better, with moving up the CD steps in preparation for going on holiday l probably won't lose much at all in the next 3 weeks before going away.

My son's party went really well, great having someone else doing the food and not having to clear up afterwards. :D Once we got home he enjoyed unwrapping and playing with all the presents he got.

Back