From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

mum2one i know exactly what you mean about sitting round the table eating as a family....i love to do that with my kids and OH more so over the weekends as the OH often doesn't get home in time for the childrens tea time so usually just the three of us eat together. it's something i've always done from when i was little and to me it seems strange to sit anywhere else to eat....it gives us all chance to catch up with each other so when we are all together it is great! i can't wait to shift the weight and be able to do a full meal altogether:)

Claire, well done for day 1. The first few days are the worst, think it's the carb withdrawal. Hope you have a great time at Legoland.

Went out for dinner for my daughter's 14th birthday tonight, had starter, chicken & salad - felt really full up, couldn't finish it, no dessert & managed to resist birthday cake when we got home too.

Last edited:
DisneyParis
I feel very homesick whenever I see your avatar xx

Irene, l really like the Angel of the North, l took that photo a couple of years ago when we were on holiday in the area, my children are at it's feet.

morning everyone ! claire well done on day 1. Have a great day out for your birthday.

I'm hoping I get get through the next couple of days without cheating once I get past 3 it seems so much easier, nothing much on to make me stray over the next few days to tempt me, so fingers crossed.

mum2one know what you mean about sitting around the table to eat, we do that most days, I will be having cd soup!, unless oh is working late. when our daughter is home from uni the 3 of us eat together, but these days its just the two of us :(

dd is at uni in newcastle so we go past the angel of the north whenever we go and visit or on pick ups/drop offs. It's very impressive!

have a good weekend

Back on track since dinner out on Friday, SS Sat & Sun :) (though not finding it easy), fingers x for the rest of the week.

How's everyone else doing? Hope you all have a good week. We CAN do this.

off plan (at the weekend) and the scales say so this morning:cry:
HOWEVER no more excuses and 'oh it's only another day' as I've worked out in order to lose 2.5 stones by our xmas hols I have to get my head on as of today or I won't do it.............time is running out.

Non of my clothes fit (need to do the old elastic band trick on my jeans) and i refuse to buy even a pair of joggers as i'll get complacent.

Sooooooo i guess what I'm saying is.......it's now or never.

here's to a good week girls.

Our challenge started on wednesday last week fingers crossed i've lost something by wednesday 'gulp'

hi all
mum2one I'm pretty much the same as you ! a lot of my clothes are starting to feel tight but I won't buy anything new, and I gave all my old (bigger) clothes to the charity shop, so its now or never for me too! I'll be lucky to lose anything for wednesday but have been "good" so far today so fingers crossed that I can be good for the next few days.

Well done for getting back on track disney.

Hope you are doing well claire

Hey trish we can do it :) well did ok today....feeling positive. Let's hope I can keep this up.

How are you disney and claire hope it's going ok??
x

Trisha & Mum2one, well done for getting back on track.

Claire, hope you are doing ok.

Aiming to do SS (probably SS+ Fri & Sat) until 10th Oct - day before niece's wedding. 3 days 100% so far. I'm sure l found it easier when l was on SS first time round last year, my losses were more then too.

Yeah disney I found ss easier first time round as well!

mum2one glad you are feeling more positive it makes it so much easier when you feel positive.

I'm doing ok but really struggling with the water.

I'm doing ok but really struggling with the water.

Since yesterday l've been drinking more hot water, l fill up a jug flask (holds a litre).

Last edited:
i've never really done ss before. i'm on day 3 and feal really dizziy and faint....why?? is this normal

I feel like that too at the start of ss, l get a bad headache as well, after the 4th day or so l've found it eases. I think a lot of people go through this. Not exactly sure why it happens, maybe it's the lack of carbs. If you do a search or post on the main CD board you should get more info on it.

thanks for the tip on the water disney I'll try it hot! Its been so cold today,

mum2one I also feel like that, and I think thats why I sometimes end up cheating, so stay strong once you get past day 3 it gets easier.

guys i'm really struggling...........not wit the not eating but the dizzyness. I feel like I'm going to pass out rven while writing this. I've drank loads (about 3.5 litrs) and i have a bar to go this evening. I'm on day three and i feel like i'm gonna die......honestly. Also totm started yesterday.

Shall i stop - will it get easy - or shall i go back on 810 whicj suits me............

Hi mum2one give it until tomorrow if you can manage, and then see how you feel then, I always feel dreadful on day 3, but day 4 is always so much better,

Hi Mum2one, as Trisha says it should get easier in another day. Have you increased your water intake suddenly?, l've found when l've increased it too quickly l feel yucky/lightheaded.

Do you have your CDC's phone no. ? - maybe you could phone her and ask her advice. Perhaps you could go onto SS+. Wish l could give you some expert advice - if you post on the main CD board one of the CDCs could advise you.

Hope you feel a lot better tomorrow.

I'm feeling a lot better now guys thanks. Maybe it's the water. I'll give it till friday and if i still feel the same i will do ss+

Glad to see others are doing good tho :)
xx

weighed myself this morning and after 5 days of ss l've just lost 2lbs:(, here's hoping for another lb off by end of this week. No matter what though l'm sticking with ss next week too - only 11 days until wedding.

hey disney 2lbs is 2lbs well done!!!!! I understand what you mean tho as my understanding is ss lose is big in the first week.

Stick at it babes. How much did you say you wanted to lose before the wedding?

Claire hope you're doing ok.

Trish - what's your weight loss been so far hun
x

Back