From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Quiz, yay you're back. I'm so pleased to see you posting again. :hug99: :welcome2: back. Are you in London at the moment or back in the US?

I am in America until Sunday. It was my mom's 70th birthday xx

actually let me wait until I come back to post my weight loss goal. I havent weighed in 2 weeks xx

hey welcome back quiz. good to hear from you.

Disney I know just how you feel, last year I got to within 2 lbs off my goal of 10 stone (I'm 5'5") and made the mistake of not going up the plans properly, and then over the summer holidays I put on a few lbs, and struggled to get back on track and it was a case of lose a few lbs sts then gain a few lbs :( then Christmas came and I put on a few more lbs :( I had a bit of a break and then tried again but as you know I have been struggling, but now I want to finish what I started, and I do feel more focused since weekend. I've also lowered by goal to 9 st 7 lbs, as when I was almost 10 stone I felt like I need to lose at least another half stone.

Last edited:
Training day 2 tomorrow Disney :)

Gg

Training day 2 tomorrow Disney :)

Gg

Looking forward to it, honestly! Raining here today, so might we wearing the kagool tomorrow. :D If it's absolutely bucketing down, would going on the (boring!) exercise bike do instead, haven't got a treadmill? What do you think?

If it's absolutely bucketing down, would going on the (boring!) exercise bike do instead, haven't got a treadmill? What do you think?

It would get you your cardio exercise in but wouldn't help towards running/walking stamina... so baseball cap and rain for you ;) and then a lovely bath when you get home?

hey quiz welcome back hun good to hear from you.

Disney - don't get too downhearted you'll have a big loss next week.....nature of the beast :( It's so difficult to keep off those scales tho.......

I'm doing ok. Still sticking to it....my weigh in is actually on wednesday I just had some stuff left over to start last monday iykwim.

Sorry i can't chat much today and tomorrow got quite a lot going on
xxxxx

ok day, new thinking for me - have decided not to post about my weight on here unless there is something really worth posting, ie when l lose a few lbs and hit 10 or 10 1/2 stone. Maybe me posting about it once a month or so would be about right, as it looks like l'm losing in a month what l first used to lose in a week when l had a lot more weight to lose.
I'll still be staying on track - no surrender, lol!.

Next 2 days busy with work, then family/wedding - will be away for a couple of days for it, yay!, then back for 2 days before going on holiday (school half term hols).

Last edited:
Goreygirl, good luck for your weigh-in tomorrow. You should get a really big loss with it being your first week. Bet it will be worth the 2 hour drive to your CDC. Sometimes l think those first weigh-ins are like Christmas morning and the anticipation of unwrapping a present, LOL. :D

good thinking Disney....what ever works best for you.

Good luck with your weigh in gorey

I have my weigh in today but i've already mentioned my weight loss the other day so nothing much further to report i reckon.

good luck with the wi Gorey and mum2one

Disney sounds like a good idea, enjoy the wedding

managing to stay on track, but going for a meal with people from work ,someone's 40th, on saturday to an Italian, so will probably have the day off the diet and try and eat sensibly, being a vegetarian it can be difficult finding something protein and veg, and the restaurant we are going to doesn't have many salad type things on the menu :( i am hoping there will be something on the specials

Last edited:
Feeling good, much more positive, just needed to step back and lightenen up, l was never obessed with food (although l liked it a lot or l wouldn't have been overweight :rolleyes:), but recently l was certainly becoming obessed with dieting, not good!

Really looking forward to the wedding. :)

Trisha, hope your Italian meal out goes well, it's good to have a break and enjoy a social occassion now and again.

Have fun trish on your night out. Disney it's very easy to become obsessed. I'm losing the weight and it's becoming and unhealthy obsession.

Also disney should I limit my weight loss statements to once a week as I don't wish to put you off iykwim???

Hope everyone else is good......day 11 for me :)

ok i'm craving food.....i'm not hungry but just craving chewing and eating (even tho i have bars). Is this normal - any advice

Disney it's very easy to become obsessed. I'm losing the weight and it's becoming and unhealthy obsession.
I know what you mean. :hug99: When l first started CD the lbs came off easily and l was relaxed about it (lost nearly 1/2 of my total loss in the first 9 weeks, the rest came off slowly but surely). Restarting is harder l think, but we CAN do it. We've just got to step back from it now and again, look at the bigger picture sort of thing, life still goes on other than dieting.

Also disney should I limit my weight loss statements to once a week as I don't wish to put you off iykwim???
No Mum2one not all. Please post away as much as possible, l love hearing that folk are doing well, it's encouraging and motivating. I'd feel really bad if my whinge (sorry!) had put anybody else off. :eek:
Also it's good for people to post when they are struggling, so they can get support and encouragement. I really appreciate the support l've received on this team.

Hope everyone else is good......day 11 for me :)
day 13 for me (2 days SS+, 11 days 100% SS). :)

Last edited:
ok i'm craving food.....i'm not hungry but just craving chewing and eating (even tho i have bars). Is this normal - any advice

I've had times like that, still do. I would imagine most people go through the same thing. I just try to take my mind off it, brush my teeth, drink more water.

Hi Quizz, hope you have a good day, it must be about 9am where you are.

Here's to a successful Thurs, Fri & weekend for everyone. :)

Hi all

OMG .. I lost 13lbs on my first weigh in :D I'm in total shock! Feel fantastic... high as a kite! No chocolate or pizza ever tasted this good I'm telling ya :-D I took advantage of the good feeling and took off on a 2 hour hike through the forest and then around the part of the national park.

Spent an hour with my counsellor talking through techniques for changing mind set, how to fight the "addict" etc. She is such a cool woman - I'm so pleased I found her.

How is everyone else doing?

Back