From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

Thanks disney I feel like such a numpty always asking silly questions :( this is my first time on ss. I'm used to losing weight on 810.
Gonna do another week of ss then on 810 i reckon

Thanks disney I feel like such a numpty always asking silly questions :( this is my first time on ss. I'm used to losing weight on 810.
Gonna do another week of ss then on 810 i reckon

Your questions aren't silly at all, honest. I just wish l could give more expert advice, but l still consider myself very much a learner. I smiled when my CDC introduced me to someone as one of her success stories, l don't really feel like a success, even when l was 3lbs away from goal. Maybe 5 years from now and maintaining l will.

Today she said something to me that meant a lot, l could have hugged her - she said l know you are disappointed at having but a bit of weight back on, but l know you will never go back to where you were, you've wanted this too much and worked too hard for it. I think she has more confidence in me than l do myself sometimes.

that's so cool. How much have you lost so far to date and how much have you got left.

i started at 15st :eek: and went down to 10.8 on 810 last year (i was happy at that weight as i'm quite tall).
I's like to go back there again :)

that's so cool. How much have you lost so far to date and how much have you got left.

i started at 15st :eek: and went down to 10.8 on 810 last year (i was happy at that weight as i'm quite tall).
I's like to go back there again :)

I started at 14st 9lbs/205lbs in March 09 - BMI was 36 or something if l remember right, got to 9st 6lbs/132lbs(BMI 23) by Nov - (just before my gallbladder op), 5st 3lb/73 lb loss.

Now got 1 1/2 stone l'd like to lose. Another lb off and l'll be back in the 10s (if only just!), BMI currently 27

Must say l like the 810 plan, lost the final stone on it last year (from 10 1/2 to 9 1/2), might go back on it after l lose any weight gain from wedding and holiday - doing self catering, planning having 2 CD + one low cal meal a day.

Last edited:
Mum2one, re your Florida trip, not sure if this might be of interest to you - before l went to Florida in July l heard about gardengrocer.com and ordered some healthy/low cal foodstuffs/fruit and lots of water to be delivered to our first hotel for our arrival, delivery charge was $12/£8. Saved going to the supermarket and looking for healthy options on the way from the airport. It was really good for snacks/fruit for the kids too.
It was just like doing online shopping at Tesco or Asda, it worked out great. We still ate out quite a bit too.

Also Publix supermarkets (they're all over the place), similar to our Morrisons, really good for fresh prepared salads & fruit.

Last edited:
Hi Aogg, welcome to the team. :)

I like it very much!!!
what a welcome :)

Im doing a 7mile walk tomorrow and starting the gym beginning of november.... when the energy has kicked in.... Im hoping for another big loss!!!

hi everyone just got back from gym, but only went swimming today hope everyone else is doing okay have a great weekend

Trisha, well done on the swimming.

Hope you have a great weekend too.

Im doing a 7mile walk tomorrow and starting the gym beginning of november.... when the energy has kicked in.... Im hoping for another big loss!!!

Good luck with the walk tomorrow. :)

Hey AOGG .. good luck tomorrow, enjoy your walk :)

I'm going to try and hike a local hill .. takes about 30 minutes but is incline all the way... hoping doing it over and over will help me get fit and shrink my backside :)

Disney have pm'd you ;)
Thanks for that grocer tip will deffo have a look at that. :)

Night guys.

Did 7miles - 4 miles round a reservoir.... views were great but my feet hurt!!!! but I felt so good afterwards, longest I've walked in years.... maybe I can do ten miles when i am abit thinner???

Well done Aogg, that was a great walk. :)

Been walk/jog down the beach this morning, lovely when the weather's nice like today.

Well done Aogg & Disney. I hiked up a local hill (all forest tracks) yesteray... too me 3 hours to get up and back but the sense of accomplishment.... better than chocolate ever tasted :) Before hand I would have "rewarded" myself with a food treat later on in the day so it was interesting to just ride the wave of physical effort and recovery undiluted so to speak.Stayed at my sister's last night and this morning we did a very brisk (she has long legs and is a skinny minny) walk around her village with the dog for 45 minutes ... it was all hills and dips so really built up a sweat. Really want to get to the stage where exercising in some way every day is just part of the norm. :)Good luck all for the week coming xx

Trisha, well done for getting straight back on track, hope you enjoyed your night out.

Goreygirl, you're doing great with the exercise, as you say it gives a real sense of achievement.

Spent today with relatives from N.Ireland, now all set (l think!) for our niece's wedding tomorrow. Our daughter is a bridesmaid, son is wearing a kilt and presenting a horseshoe. Hope the weather's as nice as it was today.
Probably be back online on Tues evening.

Hope everyone has a very good week. :)

Good Morning Everyone! I am back from America, hope I have slept off my jetlag and ready to get down to it. Happy Monday and have a great day xx

Hey Quizzical.

I'm new to the team. Welcome back from America; hope you had a great time. I see you are only 39lbs away from goal; that's fantastic!!

Gg

Hello,
I'm new to all this - do you still have a space on your team? If so please may i join you - I'm 2 weeks in (today) although weigh in delayed until tomorrow as CDC away. On my scales i'm 18lbs down for the 2 weeks

Thanks

Back