From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

hi everyone nice to have you back quizz

another good day cd wise , but not done any exercise today as had to go to manchester straight after work to pick up something for my daughter and only just got back, and tomorrow have to stay at work for a meeting :( if it doesn't go on for too long I'll go to the gym after but have a feeling it will drag on for ages :( .

Gorey and Disney you are both doing really well on the exercise front where do you find the time?

Well I don't have kids etc so in that way it's easier for me to find the time .. although I still make excuses that I don't have any lol.

Morning Lasses! Well I had a good day on our plan yesterday. Already walked to the doctor and back, so at least some exercise.

Exciting news... we have our house on the market and are trying to buy a bigger place about 5 minutes from here.

Not so exciting news.... everytime they want to show the house I have to co-ordinate getting all 4 dogs out of here! Nightmare!

At least the house looks nice, i love it all clean and sparkly!

How's everyone today? xx

hi guys

haven't catched up on posts am staying at my mums for a few days....still doing it :) weigh in tomoz

will catch up with you all then
xx

Hiya guys

I joined the Sliminators in September and my team have all done a runner even the captain...

Any chance u have space still?? Xxx

Gorey and Disney you are both doing really well on the exercise front where do you find the time?

Thanks Trisha. For me getting up earlier in the morning to fit exercise in seems to work the best (it only takes 20-30 mins), as usually by the end of the day with work/house/kids l'm too tired/can't be bothered to exericse. We had stayed over at the hotel where the wedding was, so this morning l got up before the rest of the family & went for a walk/jog on the beach nearby, it was lovely & peaceful.

Welcome back Disney; how did the wedding go?

I find I have to exercise in the mornings too cos I talk myself out of it by the evening :)

Did you see the post by LovelyLauren? I have no idea how many are supposed to be on the team etc and as a newbie myself didn't want to answer her.

Currently our 6 team members are:
Quizzicalgrrl
DisneyParis
Trisha
Mum2one
Goreygirl
Aogg

I think that's still the max. no. members per team.
Although there's not team challenges at the moment, it's probably simpler to keep the team to 6 in case it's introduced again.
http://www.minimins.com/cd-teams/70983-rules-cd-teams.html

Hello,
I'm new to all this - do you still have a space on your team? If so please may i join you - I'm 2 weeks in (today) although weigh in delayed until tomorrow as CDC away. On my scales i'm 18lbs down for the 2 weeks
Thanks

Setas, sorry we don't have a space on the team just now. Well done on your weight loss so far, for 2 weeks that is brilliant.
Hope the thread below helps you find a place on a team.
http://www.minimins.com/cd-teams/62...e-vacancy-if-so-post-here-59.html#post2889446

Last edited:
Welcome back Disney; how did the wedding go?

I find I have to exercise in the mornings too cos I talk myself out of it by the evening :)

Did you see the post by LovelyLauren? I have no idea how many are supposed to be on the team etc and as a newbie myself didn't want to answer her.

Thanks Goreygirl, the wedding was lovely, so was the weather, bride & groom got beautiful sunset photos taken last night too. My 2 kids so enjoyed the day, my 7 y o son really got into the dancing with his kilt on - l've not laughed so much for ages.
Back on to ss for Wed & Thurs for me, on Fri going on holiday for a few days.

Just replied to the posts by Setas and LovelyLauren.

hi all,

meeting at work went on for ages :( I wouldn't mind if we got paid for them but we don't they just expect us to stay for them. cd wise still doing ok.

As for exercise I don't really have time in the mornings to get to the gym due to traffic etc and don't want to go running near home too many kids from school about . I usually go to the gym straight after work, its also nice and quiet then.

Last edited:
Most barriers to your success are man-made. And most often, you're the man who made them.
- Frank Tyger

Love the quote Disney. Glad to hear the wedding went well :)

Trish.. fair play to you for going to the gym after work .. it's so easy to talk ourselves into going home etc.

I was just wondering.. seeing as AOGG and I are new to the team .. could we do a "introduction" of where we're at on the journey and who we are? Just a few lines?

Gg

I was just wondering.. seeing as AOGG and I are new to the team .. could we do a "introduction" of where we're at on the journey and who we are? Just a few lines?

Gg

Goreygirl, good idea.

I'm age 43 (44 next month), married with 2 kids. Started CD March 09 (seems a long time ago now, cos it is :eek:) at 14st 9lbs/205lbs, since l'm 5"3 my BMI was 36. By Oct/Nov 09 (on ss, then 810, had time off for holidays etc along the way) l had lost 5st 3lbs/73lbs and was only 3lbs away from my target weight of 9st 3lb/129lbs (BMI 22.8). My CDC thinks around 10st (BMI 25) is fine for me, but l prefer my goal to be a little bit lower.

Been gaining & losing the same 1 1/2 stone most of this year, now determined to get to my target weight. Obviously l wish l had managed to maintain at 9st 6lb, but maybe l needed to go through this restart to make me learn and realise how much l never, ever want to head back to where l was. I can't let things slip - both diet and exericse - or the lbs will pile back on.

Sorry this intro was longer than a few lines - being brief on here is never my strong point. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Love the quote Disney. Glad to hear the wedding went well :)
Thanks. I really like that quote too.

Good luck for your 2nd weigh-in tomorrow.

Trish.. fair play to you for going to the gym after work .. it's so easy to talk ourselves into going home etc.
I agree, keeping going to the gym after a day at work shows real commitment.

Thanks hun she my world!

Iv got a team.... They've all just
Fell off the wagon i think!!

Might recruit!

Thanks anyway xx
I'm sure you'll soon recruit new members, people regularly post on the board looking for a new team.
Good luck with your weight loss.

Morning Everyone!

Working like mad this week :(

So a bit about me.. I was one of the original members to join up in this team (like Disney I think). I turned 40 this year, am American, live with my OH and 4 mini pinschers and one Polish housekeeper in London. I work a "regular" job for a big American company, and am a CDC part time (see about 10 people a week)
Started ss at 232lbs, lowest weight 152 obviously put back on so trying to take it off again via 810.

Sorry for the ramble xx

Hey Quizzicalgrrl and all

Well i've just had my 2nd weigh in and am 5lbs down so i'm really pleased as that was my target this week. Went to yoga again last night (my 2nd class) and OMG it was sooo hard. My joints are all so tight but it was really enjoyable too. Went for an hour long forest walk today aswell after weigh in (luckily my CDC lives in a National Park).

I'm 37 and lived in London from aged 20 until last year when I moved home to "my roots" and to be closer to my siblings. No kids and currently single after finishing with my ex as part of a "life laundry" programme :D. I work from home as an Occupational Health Advisor (assessing employees advising employers on the employees medical fitness for work/particular tasks). I now live in a small market town near the coast but have not taken up any of the hobbies I'd hoped to be able to take up because of the weight hence finally deciding to do something as I'm turning into a social recluse. As soon as my ass fits I'm back to horseriding and kayaking (which I used to do years ago).

@ Quiz.. a friend is starting to breed Min Pins; very handsome dogs :)

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Gg

well done on the weight loss gorey....

How is everyone...sorry i haven't been around but just got back from mums. Have been a little under the weather with a bad cough and have had some lemsips and throat sweets. Weigh in yesterday was 1lb loss although a few inches down so i think the stuff for my cold hasn't helped. I'm hoping for a bigger loss next week. So far so good still ss and seem to be doing ok.

Ok about me.....38 yrs old dp works away from home in the week and it's me and the 2 year old :) also lived in london for 15 years but now back i the midlands.

hope everyone is good
xx

Had weigh in and 3 weeks I have lost 12.5 lbs :)
Am on 810plan, just can live on the packs alone :(

Back