From here to Slimfinity!!! - Team 6

I'm lacking motivation at the mo. Guys i know I'm going to florida but how can i really get motivated any tipe (i,e putting a dress out i can't get into, a fat picture etc etc) all tips welcome

Thanks hon.

I found that doing thedietguy's exercises really helped me refocus again as it made me get really clear in my head why I want to do this and got me using the right language to myself. I also copied out some of my answers and have pasted them around my mirrors in the ensuite and downstairs loo and I try to make sure I read them each time I go in there (which on CD is a hell of a lot :D).. and I mean really read them, thinking about them again.

I've also hung a piece of slinky lingerie (basque) from my wardrobe door as inspiration :)

I'm lacking motivation at the mo. Guys i know I'm going to florida but how can i really get motivated any tipe (i,e putting a dress out i can't get into, a fat picture etc etc) all tips welcome

Mum2one, l know exactly what you mean. I must say trying on the new dress l bought (the one l posted pic of) has really concentrated my mind. I know l'll look and feel a whole lot better in it when l lose a stone. Think l'll print out some copies of the dress pic and stick them up at strategic places round the house (door into kitchen, fridge etc, might put one in my purse too for when l'm out and about) :D
Positive images (ie like the dress) tend to help me more rather than a fat pic from pre-diet days, there's very few of those as l hated getting my picture taken.

Also something that helps me is having a little notebook with all the days listed until a specifc event, l tick off each day l stay on plan and put a cross if l haven't - don't like seeing those crosses!

I found that doing thedietguy's exercises really helped me refocus again as it made me get really clear in my head why I want to do this and got me using the right language to myself.

The dietguy's newletters are great. I can honestly say that the choice way of thinking was fundamental in my weight loss success last year and has continued to help me.

Gorey, l don't know if you've come across posts by KD on here, she's a moderator l think, a lot of the stuff she has said made a lot of sense to me. I've kept a list of quotes by her - l'll see if l can find them on my pc then post them.

Gorey, l don't know if you've come across posts by KD on here, she's a moderator l think, a lot of the stuff she has said made a lot of sense to me. I've kept a list of quotes by her - l'll see if l can find them on my pc then post them.

That would be great thanks! I'll take anything that's going! :D

That would be great thanks! I'll take anything that's going! :D

Quotes by KD:
"One thing that really helped me was realising that the more I did the right thing when it felt tough, the more powerful I became. We don't teach our brains a lot when it's easy"

Thought - Action? - Choice
"Once I realised the difference between the thought and the action, it was easier to stop. I didn't have to make that thought equal the action. I didn't have to believe that just because I was desiring, that it would happen. I still had the choice. Thinking about food was okay. I could learn to be at peace with it. I just had to stop that chain between thinking about it and actually doing it."

"It takes time to really live the thin life, and so you do need to consciously remember about foods previously eaten, but it can be counter productive to lay down a rule that you will miss a meal, long before you know how you will feel at that time."

“Perfection is not the key to maintenance. It is finding a balance you can live with.”

ooh.. that one about thought, action and choice is brilliant!

thanks a mil hon

thats really helpful guys thanks.........makes sense putting it like that

hello! It is almost Halloween and November! I cant believe it.. where did 2010 go?

Crazy weather down here today, we are having a party tomorrow (fancy dress) and I am going as a banana! Good Grief!

hello! It is almost Halloween and November! I cant believe it.. where did 2010 go?

Crazy weather down here today, we are having a party tomorrow (fancy dress) and I am going as a banana! Good Grief!
Hope you have a great party. I'll be looking out for the photos. :D

My 7 y o son has his halloween party at school today, he's going as a Star Wars stormtrooper.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Happy Halloween. :)

It's rained here all day. Hope tomorrow is better.

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Morning !!

Well the party was nice, everyone who came showed up in fancy dress which was great.
Yesterday was stressful because the bank told me my card was compromised and someone charged up £2k to online betting so closed the card and opened fraud case etc.

How is everyone?

xxx

Glad the party went well but what a bummer about the credit card! My cousin had the same thing happen - 6K spent in Mauritus (sp?) and the USA apparently.

I've had a rotten day.. had my therapy session this mornings and while it didn't feel particulary bad at the time about an hour after I got a thumping head and felt so drained. Really just wanted to curl up on sofa with pizza and "comfort" myself but managed to resist and have been chewing down the paracetamol and nurofen instead.

Hope everyone else is doing well? Don't forget our team challenge! :p

hi everyone sorry to hear about your credit card quizz.

Had a good week off diet and a lovely time seeing our daughter, back to work now though :(

Managed to sts after a week off plan just hope it doesn't catch up next week. Back on plan now day 2 of ss and so far so good.

Hope you feel better Gg, I've not forgotten about the team challenge and I'm raring to go.

Quizz, glad the party went well. Sorry to hear about your bank card.

Gorey, hope you are feeling better. Well done for resisting temptation.

Trisha, glad you had a good half term. Well done for managing to sts, that's really good.

I got back on track yesterday after my birthday lunch on Monday. Roll on November, l'm going to keep thinking of me wearing my new dress at Christmas. :)

I've got this really cute little v-neck silk knit fitted cardigan top that I have refused to throw out and has been packed away for 5 years; I am determined to get back into it for xmas :D

Hi everyone, i've lost 7lbs over the last two weeks and now have 4 weeks supply so wont be weighed until 1st of december, I have lost inches, my bra size has gone from 50E to 46F :) to get into my black party dress for christmas, I need to lose another 3inches of my bust, I've lost 3inches of my bust in the first 6 weeks so hopefully will do that in the next 6weeks, :)

Well done Aogg, 7lb loss in 2 weeks is fab. Congrats on the inches lost too. :happy096:

Back