From Mis-shaped to....?

Hi MissHapp after all your good advice last night found your diary. Really enjoyed reading it as I so far seem to be mirroring your weight loss. If I loose what you have so far I will be very happy. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Hi Eve! Yeah, my loss was slow at first, then picked up a little and I suspect will continue along a pattern of slowing then losing then slowing etc. Keep trusting - it does work!

Sun 14st 6.75lbs (1 UD) + 0.25lbs from Sat WI
Mon 14st 7.75lbs (2 UDs) +1.25lbs from Sat WI
Tues 14st 6.75lbs (1DD) + 0.25lbs from Sat WI
Weds 14st 7.75lbs (1UD) +1.25lbs from Sat WI

Mmmm. Looking like a STS this week maybe, although looks like the average could still show a drop. Still not decided what to do about Friday, whether to try for a DD or just have 2 DDs this week and accept a slower loss, or whether to try for a Thursday DD as well as today. I know lots say not to do 2 in a row but am umming and ahhing about giving it a go just to see for myself.

Undecided.

Thurs 14st 6.25lbs (1 DD) - 0.25lbs from Sat WI

OK. Decision made. Trying for a DD today to try and get 3 DDs in before 3 UDs at the weekend. Totally get why 2 DDs in a row is not good from a psychological POV but can't find anything to suggest that it has detrimental effects from a physical or metabolic standpoint.

Here goes. Will report back later.

Phew. Think I've made it at 517 cals : 2 cup a soups, 1 slim and save shake, 1/2 banana and some soya yoghurt, milk for coffee. Even managed a short run too - I am definitely looking forward to 3 UDs now! Am going to have an early WI this week, weighing tomorrow morning.

Off to Paris on Saturday! So excited!

Well done on the double dd !!! Enjoy your well deserved break in Paris and make the most on those UD's! How lovely :)

Thurs 14st 6.25lbs (1 DD) - 0.25lbs from Sat WI
Friday 14st 4.75lbs (2 DDs - hard!) - 1.75lbs from last WI

Another good loss this week: 1.75lbs! Yay! Go me! Will work out average when I get back.

Off to enjoy 3 UDs, my 40th birthday and a weekend in Paris! Over and out for a couple of days!

Edited to work out my average: 14st 6.75lbs - average dropped from 16 7.5lbs. Interesting to see the average coming down as well as the weekly WI. Give it time and this really does work!

Last edited:
Happy birthday weekend xxx

Had a great Birthday weekend, thank you all!

Last WI 14st 4.75lbs
Mon 14st 9lbs (+ 4.25lbs after 3 UDs) More than usual gained after UDs but I've noticed that happens when alcohol is involved and when I don't manage to run.
Tues 14st 7.25lbs (+ 2.5 lbs from WI after 1 DD)

Going to count my UDs today to make sure I don't go over 2000 net calories - I should manage a run later too, hopefully.

Definitely looking like a gain this week - but that's to be expected after 8 days of 5 UDs/3DDs. Noticed that alcohol seems to slow my loss - reckon that must be water related? That and no running on my weekend away has really made a difference I think.

Today 14st 7.5lbs - not going to make 14st 4.75lbs with 1 more DD to go til Sat WI. Been a right chocolate muncher this week too.

Not managed to record all daily WIs this week as been mega busy at work, but finished the week on 14st 6lbs which is a gain from last week's WI of 14st 4.75lbs.

Not worried one bit though for these reasons:

3 UDs in a row for my 40th
Did not manage running on the 3 UDs and I reckon that does contribute to my weight loss
when you look over a fortnight, the trend is still down - I've lost 1/2 lb in 2 weeks. You might think that's pretty rubbish, but then again, I've had the time of my life and enjoyed some lovely, lovely food and drink - on what other diet could you do that?

Looking forward to my UD and some long runs this weekend!

MissHapp said:
Not managed to record all daily WIs this week as been mega busy at work, but finished the week on 14st 6lbs which is a gain from last week's WI of 14st 4.75lbs.

Not worried one bit though for these reasons:

3 UDs in a row for my 40th
Did not manage running on the 3 UDs and I reckon that does contribute to my weight loss
when you look over a fortnight, the trend is still down - I've lost 1/2 lb in 2 weeks. You might think that's pretty rubbish, but then again, I've had the time of my life and enjoyed some lovely, lovely food and drink - on what other diet could you do that?

Looking forward to my UD and some long runs this weekend!

Well done you on such a positive attitude :) happy belated birthday. Talking of running, I need to get back into that. Not been since my race 2 Sept x

Thanks, T2G. You know, I just have to stay positive as I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life, I think!

Managed a 5 mile run yesterday and a 10K this morning. All is well. 11:30 and I haven't eaten yet...now, what to have!

MissHapp said:
Thanks, T2G. You know, I just have to stay positive as I plan on eating this way for the rest of my life, I think!

Managed a 5 mile run yesterday and a 10K this morning. All is well. 11:30 and I haven't eaten yet...now, what to have!

I done 3.5 miles yesterday, gets me back into it.

Yay to way of life! X

I done 3.5 miles yesterday, gets me back into it.

Yay to way of life! X

Much cheering for ADF! :D

Had some crispbread, houmous, cucumber, crisps (liking Aldi's salt your own at the moment - and I don't bother salting!)...and now contemplating the creme brûlée that I bought on Monday and has been sitting in the fridge. Hey, that's got to be worth a NSV, right? Buying something yummy on a Monday and it staying in the fridge uneaten for almost a whole week! What's that about?!

MissHapp said:
Much cheering for ADF! :D

Had some crispbread, houmous, cucumber, crisps (liking Aldi's salt your own at the moment - and I don't bother salting!)...and now contemplating the creme brûlée that I bought on Monday and has been sitting in the fridge. Hey, that's got to be worth a NSV, right? Buying something yummy on a Monday and it staying in the fridge uneaten for almost a whole week! What's that about?!

I know, things staying in fridge!?

So, 4 DDs done this week...phew! *Definitely* ready for 2 UDs now! Fingers crossed for a loss tomorrow. I may actually have to go to bed soon - my coping mechanism!

Back