From Mis-shaped to....?

This morning's WI: 14st 2.75lbs. Following 2 UDs, 1 DD and a lot of running. 1lb up from Saturday's WI.

Now got two UDs due to social occasions then will do a DDD on Thursday & Friday. I'm still loving IF and am not giving up but this extended plateau is officially driving me nuts. I'm hoping the DDD on Thurs and Fri will shake things up a bit and am going to try and do some HIIT style running today and tomorrow.

I hit a plateau at 16 7 for 13 days and it was absolutely doing my little head in but it changed in the end so just keep at it Hun...x

MissHapp said:
This morning's WI: 14st 2.75lbs. Following 2 UDs, 1 DD and a lot of running. 1lb up from Saturday's WI.

Now got two UDs due to social occasions then will do a DDD on Thursday & Friday. I'm still loving IF and am not giving up but this extended plateau is officially driving me nuts. I'm hoping the DDD on Thurs and Fri will shake things up a bit and am going to try and do some HIIT style running today and tomorrow.

You will get there, doing so well x

All quiet from me for a while...I had my first instance of setting out last week to do DDs and not making it! This was a total surprise to me, really and I suspect in reaction to my frustration at an extended plateau/stall. Anyway, I dusted myself down and completed 4 DDs this week - in two lots of DDDs! On reflection, I think this is my best ever response to a stall/lapse in that I felt completely comfortable with just putting it behind me and starting afresh. Yes, I did need to introvert a bit to achieve it but I did it.

Today's WI 13st 13.5lbs. I have waited for what seems like for ever to see that number 13. Overall, not much movement in November but it has confirmed to me that a lapse doesn't mean a plan is doomed and that overall, my weight continues to go down. With IF I have found a plan that involves slow and steady weight loss - sometimes frustratingly slow, but every diet has times like that - and also a plan which I can use to maintain.

Looking forward to food this weekend!

Well done on getting back to it was just wondering yesterday how you were ?

Will you continue to do ddd ? I can't even imagine doing one let alone 2 ( but then 6 weeks ago I would never have even imagined doing one dd and don't even think about it anymore )

Well done on getting back to it was just wondering yesterday how you were ?

Will you continue to do ddd ? I can't even imagine doing one let alone 2 ( but then 6 weeks ago I would never have even imagined doing one dd and don't even think about it anymore )

Thanks both of you.

DN - I won't ever get to a point of doing DDDs regularly, I don't think - they are mentally quite tough...but then again, much less tough than setting out on a vlcd journey. I have used them a couple of times and they do shake things up a bit, so keep them in my armoury, as it were, for times when I need them! This week it was more about me reaffirming to myself that I *can* fast and that I *can* still lose weight.

Well done for getting back into it. How is the running going? X

MissHapp said:
Well, funny you should mention it...just got back from a very wet and cold 5 miler. :)

Lol love the :) my running plan is to work on speed ...

Well, funny you should mention it...just got back from a very wet and cold 5 miler. :)

Isn't it s wonderful feeling to get home after a cold and soggy run. A huge sense of satisfaction and in my case smugness knowing I was out there running when others wouldn't step out their door.

Well done I entered the manchester marathon april 28th 2013 today so need to work on my speed a little before serious marathon training kicks in januuary

Derbynanny said:
Isn't it s wonderful feeling to get home after a cold and soggy run. A huge sense of satisfaction and in my case smugness knowing I was out there running when others wouldn't step out their door.

Well done I entered the manchester marathon april 28th 2013 today so need to work on my speed a little before serious marathon training kicks in januuary

I get well smug! Need to remember this feeling. A whole marathon? I have only done one 10k. Hubby was wanting me to do Newcastle half with him. But he runs double my speed lol least he can be waiting at end with something nice for me lol

Glad I am not the only smug one :) if you can run 10 k you can do a half :) I am doing the silverstone half in march and have talked a couple of people into it who have never run more than 10 k . I am not fast but can keep going even planning an ultra in 2014 but need to find one that is not off road lol

Well, IF never ceases to amaze me... I weighed 13st 13.5lbs this morning after an UD - that was less than the day before after a DD!

Well, I've been checking in from time to time but only just got round to posting. Surprisingly, not much lost since I last posted overall! Stood on the scales last week and it said 14st 8lbs. Eek and double eek. Four fasting days later and I weighed in this morning at 14st 2lbs. Pleased with that.

3lbs until I get to my November weight of 13st 13lbs and then hopefully I can wave goodbye to those 14s once and for all.

Still been running too which I'm also pleased with.

Nice to see the board busy!

Back