From one extreme to the other - food diary!

Managed to stay on track despite being tired and craving junk. Very very little speed food but I figure it's better than a takeaway!

But if a jumbled day as woke up late and didn't feel like anything particularly brekafast-y

Breakfast: advent calendar chocolate (1) and a packet of Batchelors cheese and broccoli pasta, Popcorners (4.5)

Lunch: 2 X quorn burgers (0.5 each) 50g mozzarella (hexa) in two small slices of whole meal bread (hexb) with tomato chutney and salt and pepper chips

image.jpeg

Dinner: 2 X tbsp red pesto (5) brown pasta, roasted onion, tomato and pepper in balsamic vinegar with 25g of mozzarella (3)

image.jpeg

Hexa: 1
Hexb: 1
Syns: 14

Another day on track - got a job interview tomorrow so am a little nervous! It's 3 hours away from where I live and I always find it harder to stay on plan when I'm on the road, so have made sandwiches ready.

Breakfast: mullerlight and advent calendar chocolate (1)

Snack: quality street (2)

Lunch: whole meal roll (hexb) with quorn meatballs and tomato chutney, Popcorners (4.5)

Dinner: Creamy Cajun quorn chicken (hexa) for Philadelphia light with brown rice with mullerlight for desert

Drinks: 3 X tea (1.5)

Syns: 9

Good luck for the interview. I love that u had cheese and broccoli pasta and sauce for breakfast. I do that a lot :)

Good luck for the interview. I love that u had cheese and broccoli pasta and sauce for breakfast. I do that a lot :)

Haha I'm considering havning it for breakfast today - unless I have some sort of sausage sarnie or alpen light (which will waste my hexB) I never really know what to have breakfast. Before SW I never used to eat it really....

Good luck tomorrow!! Well done on the prep.

Thank you - prep was for nothing in the end though as i ended up stuffing my face - oops!

So I think the interview went really well – just super nervous as if I do get it and accept it then it’ll mean a big move for me and OH. Lots of things to think about… Anyway totally fell off the wagon yesterday – after 6 hours travelling I simply couldn’t face cooking and had already had a few ‘off plan’ bits throughout the day!

Breakfast – 1 piece of wholemeal toast with marmalade (courtesy of my Mum sent up in the car with my Dad)

Interview was 2.5 hours long! So ended up having a very late lunch

Lunch: usual of quorn meatball and tomato chutney in a wholemeal roll with a bag of quavers

Chocolate bar on the way home

Dinner: Indian takeaway – paneer korma, chips, pilau rice, poppodoms!

Now to try and find something on plan for breakfast…. Pasta and sauce again probably!!

OMG that interview was so long you must have been wrecked after it never mind the travel. A big move is fun, I've just moved three hours and 20 mins away from my family to be with my OH :) Really good fun setting up our home and first week in the new job was easier than expected :)

I love indian! I'm gonna be having an off plan date night over the Christmas holidays going to my fav Indian with OH as he loves Indian food too. I struggle with breakfast too. I never know what to have and since the weather has got so cold, a bowl of fruit just doesnt cut it cause I only want warm things at 7am and I'm missing my cosy bed.

As sad as it sounds I'm just worried about missing my friends! I'll just have to man up and take it on the chin lol. Glad your first week went well :)

What's your curry of choice? Indian is mine and OH's favourite takeaway - the others don't come close. No matter how hard I try my homemade curries are never as good as those from a restaurant!!

Yeah I just fancy stodge for breakfast when the weather is like this....

Your true friends will always be there and just think moving to a new place you could make so many new friends and make new memories. I love a good stodgy breakfast haha xx

Oh don't worry about friends. Skype viber and whatsapp keep me in contact with everyone and Facebook too. So it's much easier than ever before :)

As for curries its either korma and peshwari naan or jalfrezi with aloo gobi

Yeah you're both right - the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm thinking it won't be such a bad idea! I'm hoping that I can put the move off until after the wedding. Will see what they offer (if anything!) in the New Year... fingers corssed....

So today is the start of my off plan-ness so won't be online much (if at all) over the next few days. Yesterday's food was:

Breakfast: advent calendar chocolate (1)

Lunch: Made up a lush creamy pasta bake – white wine stock, mixed with 150g reduced fat Philadelphia (2xhexa) and mustard powder. Cooked some wholewheat pasta, mixed it with broccoli, courgette and tomato and the stock sauce. Then mix in a packet of the bachelors cheese and broccoli pasta. Spooned into a baking dish and topped with 50g cheddar (10syns). I split the whole dish into 2 servings so had 1hex a and 5 syns – could easily be split into more servings though!

Dinner: Mayflower curry (4 syns) with quorn chicken, spring onion, onion, carrot and pepper served with brown rice

HexA: 1
HexB: 0
Syns: 10
Hope everyone has a fab Christmas!!!

First day back on plan done. Struggling with personal stuff quite a bit at the moment - having a few issues with my brothers's girlfriend and also pretty annoyed with my best friend's fiancé at the moment who we discovered this morning has been lying to my best friend about taking drugs and also getting my OH to lie for him too - now resulting in me being in an extremely awkward position. Argh. I hate it when I feel like this as I always find staying on plan much more difficult when I have stuff on my mind.

Today's food:

Breakfast: coffee (1) and a sweet off my godson's cereal (1)

Lunch: spicy tomato pasta with quorn meatballs and 35g mozzarella (approx 4)

Dinner: quorn burgers x 2 (1) tomato chutney, in whole meal bread (hexb) 70g light mozzarella (hexa) air fryer chips and some stir fried onions peppers and tomatoes

image.jpeg

Working from home this week - which I struggle with as I always eat more when I'm home!

Syns: 7

Oh god big hugs on the personal issues. I hate drugs they just cause upset. Well done on being back on plan xx

Thanks Brit - I just feel really awkward as it turns out that he got my OH to lie about it on his behalf on one occasion, which I'm really mad about and feel like my duty is to my friend to tell her. Ultimately though she's going to forgive him so I'm not sure if me telling her will help in any way really...

Told My friend about her OH - she was really grateful that I did. Spent most of the day with her and her gorgeous kiddies putting the world to right. Anyway, she confronted him about it tonight (without dropping my OH in it) and he's admitted it all. I'm glad he has admitted it because it gives them an opportunity to work on things and move forward.

We are going over to theirs tomorrow night for some games and (off plan) party food so will be on plan the rest of the day so limit any damage!

Food today:

Brunch: low fat quorn sausage sandwich on whole meal bread (hexb)

Dinner: made a home made veggie lasagne with one layer of pasta and a layer of roasted peppers. Topping was blended quark to reduce on calories - topped with 40g RF cheddar (hexa)

Snack: low fat noodles

Drinks: coffee x 2 (2)

Syns: 2

Back