From one extreme to the other - food diary!

well done you for not caving!! Beauty of SW is you can eat and eat and eat (the right things) and still lose weight - you can do ittttt! xx

Thank you :) I still can't get my head around this sometimes...I mean I have lost 5st with SW and yet when I have those days like today when all I do is stuff my face I wonder if this time the system will fail me hehe.

Lots of water and low carbs - I honestly find food so boring without carbs!!

Breakfast : 2 x oranges and coffee (0.5)

Lunch: the normal roll (hexb) mini malteaser bunny (3) French fries (4) and an orange

Tea (0.5)

Dinner: veggie chilli packed full of speed food topped with 40g RF cheese (hexa)

Left my oranges in work boooo so had a pack of aldi monster claws (4.5)

Syns:13.5

Oh I'm the same if i don't have carbs! Don't forget your oranges today my sweet otherwise you'll not have them for the weekend!

That's a relief hehe. I actually worry that I eat too much fruit, I have had such a bad day of cravings I ended up popping out of the office into town and came back with a bag of oranges, punnet of blueberries, sliced turkey breast (my latest addiction) and coke zero. I don't actually need any of it, I just really want food. Terrible! And it took superhuman strength to walk past the pastries and chocolates, I so very nearly caved.

Well done for not caving - i love the fact that we're allowed to eat all that. Makes things so much easier! (Still wouldn't say no to a pasty though)

Foods sounding great. I did an non intentional sp day today and all I can think of now is pasta lol... Typical

It may sounds great but it's super boring - honestly I'm a carb fiend! Going to go carb-less again tonight and then carb it up over the weekend haha!

Yay finally the weekend! Hopefully the weather holds out tomorrow as me and OH want to go out. Meeting a friend who I haven't seen in 2 years on Sunday for a coffee - little bit nervous as we used to be super close and kinda just stopped speaking so hope it goes ok! Then going with my friend for her to try her mum's veil with her wedding dress!

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 x oranges and a coffee (0.5)

Lunch: 25g mozzarella (1/2 of hexa) and tomato in wholemeal roll (hexb + 1/2) French fries (4) mini malteaser bunny (3) orange

Snack at my mums: another orange (I told you I was addicted lol!) and a coffee (1/2)

Dinner: creamy Cajun quorn with 35g Philadelphia light (1/2 hexa) and lots of speed (celery leek onion carrots peppers. One of those peanut caramel mullerlights (not sure about that flavour at all!) and ANOTHER orange lol

Syns: 8.5

Love Saturdays - went shopping up the local outlet. Got a tenner off my favourite Estée Lauder foundation, a load of other cheap make up as well as a new bra (2 back and cup sizes smaller than last time yay!) for £19 instead of £28! Then went on to have a walk around st fagans (a local Welsh history place) OH said that I looked like I fit in with the sheep...
image.jpeg

Rude....

Anyway food today:

Breakfast: orange and mullerlight

Coffee (0.5)

Lunch: jacket potato and beans with Diet Coke

Snack: oranges x 2

Dinner: pasta bake packed full of speedy veggies with 3 lots of hexa mozzarella - had one portion for dinner and two more portions for the next few days

image.jpeg

Orange and mullerlight for pudding

Might have a pack of crisps later as have only had 1/2 a syn today!

Edit: 4.5 syns for monster claws

Syns: 5

Last edited:
Bit of a stressy day yesterday – met my 2 friends for a coffee (one of which I haven’t seen for 2 years) despite being a little nervous that it may be uncomfortable it was really nice. I then had a text from my friend saying that she was no longer going to see her wedding dress (this is the friend who’s OH caused the problem with lying about the drugs over NYE) I didn’t really think anything of it at the time as she always makes plans and cancels. Went to my parents for dinner and things are getting increasingly worse with relationships between my brother’s GF and me. Long story short, as I’ve previously touched upon, she’s been causing problems for a while, then a few weeks ago she sent me a text about one of my best friends saying how she was getting anxiety attacks about arranging my hen because she thought my friend would push her out – I’d just like to make a point that I am not a heartless cow – this girl is nothing but a self centred attention seeker – anyway I was really peeved so completely ignored the text – cue a text from her the next day saying that I should understand and be accepting of “her issues” especially as I suffer with anxiety myself. This totally crossed the line for me – she knows very little about what I do and don’t go through as I choose only to share it with my OH. So I went nuts – phoned my brother and told him to tell her to stop texting me or else she wouldn’t like what I was going to respond. Few weeks later then her and my brother had a huge drunken row which involved my mother getting called to their house at 3am – so that was supposed to be the end of them. Few days later they’re back together – I have not seen or spoken to her since I went to visit my dad in hosp the other day (he’s fine, just a routine foot op) and she turned up. Well me being the mature person I am completely ignored her (What can I say, I’m still cross!?) Once they left, my parents had a “word” with me saying I need to be civil at least. That was a few days ago.

Anyway, if you’re still with me at this point you deserve a medal…

So as I said, went to dinner at my parents last night and my Mum mentions that my brother had been on the phone about saving for Disney next year (before they started having issues my Mum had been talking about them, my mum, dad, me and my OH going to Florida in 2017) – I made a comment about the fact that are they still likely to be together this time next year? My Mum got really snappy with me – saying I need to be nice to this girl regardless of what she’s done I need to be civil. Reading back on this I know I sound like I’m being a bit petty – but I’ve got a real thing about if you do something wrong you should apologise for it. Especially when it comes to involving me and causing issues for my family!

Excuse the big ol’ rant – feel a tad better now! So yeah back onto food

Breakfast: Orange and coffee whilst out with my friends (0.5)

Lunch: Wholemeal roll (HexB + 0.5) 2 quorn burgers (1), 50g Mozarella (HexA), air fryer chips, tomato chutney and broccoli

Snack: Orange

Dinner at Mum’s: Coffee (0.5), quorn chicken pieces with lentils tomatoes and onions, carrots, broccoli, roast parsnips (5 syns for honey) veggie bisto (will allocate 6 for this) and roast potatoes in fry light. Tangerine for desert.

Syns: 13.5

Got back from my Mum’s and my friend who had cancelled the wedding dress appt text me saying that she’d left her partner and that she was in a Travelodge with her 3 kids. Went down to see her and she’s not in a good way, her OH has been doing more drugs and also trying it on with his ex. She’s text me this morning saying that she’s gone back to the house to throw him about but he can go a bit nuts so I’m really nervous for her. Hopefully it all goes ok.

Oh wow. That is a lot of drama. If I was in your shoes I would have stress ate all the baked goods, choc. Biccies and crisps in the vicinity. Sticking on plan with all that going on is amazing. Well done you.
Honey parsnips. Amazing!!!

Hey lovely - just been catching up and wow thats a lot of stress for one weekend. Completely feel for you, my brother used to be with someone who used to stir stuff and make things awkward for the family. Its hard when you know you are in the right but because she is an outsider (cant think of the right word) its not so easy to tell her off. Your mum however can tell you how to be (not saying you have to listen!) but she feel comfortable in expressing herself to you i order to try and diffuse a situation.

who is organising your hen? Your friend? Sod your brothers sister its not about her its about you!

Your poor friend, how is she doing now? I have a friend who has been in a similar situation for years... her OH has lots of issues surrounding drugs etc and they break up and are back together all the time. It's so hard to stand by them but equally as hard to watch them go through something like that. I feel for her and for you.

Re the new bras completely get it! So exciting to go down back sizes (I've gone from a 38G to a 32GG and they are still changing!)

Love the food choices this weekend, sounds like you've had a very on plan weekend!

Re the 1lb loss - thats amazing! I know we always want more but 1lb is still really good, id take that today! What did you have for your cheat meal? xx

Hey lovely - just been catching up and wow thats a lot of stress for one weekend. Completely feel for you, my brother used to be with someone who used to stir stuff and make things awkward for the family. Its hard when you know you are in the right but because she is an outsider (cant think of the right word) its not so easy to tell her off. Your mum however can tell you how to be (not saying you have to listen!) but she feel comfortable in expressing herself to you i order to try and diffuse a situation.

who is organising your hen? Your friend? Sod your brothers sister its not about her its about you!

Your poor friend, how is she doing now? I have a friend who has been in a similar situation for years... her OH has lots of issues surrounding drugs etc and they break up and are back together all the time. It's so hard to stand by them but equally as hard to watch them go through something like that. I feel for her and for you.

Re the new bras completely get it! So exciting to go down back sizes (I've gone from a 38G to a 32GG and they are still changing!)

Love the food choices this weekend, sounds like you've had a very on plan weekend!

Re the 1lb loss - thats amazing! I know we always want more but 1lb is still really good, id take that today! What did you have for your cheat meal? xx

Yeah I guess it’s just difficult cos my poor parents are trying to keep everyone happy and I know I’m a stubborn moo haha!!

It was meant to be my mum, my brother’s gf and my friend but no idea whats happening now – just going to leave it to my Mum to sort (because she wants to do it, not because I’m lazy and demanding haha!)

My friend isn’t great to be honest – I think she’s going to take him back. I really wish she wouldn’t but I guess ultimately it’s her call and I’ve got to stand by her no matter what her choice is. She’s going to come over later for a chat. He’s now admitted to being inappropriate towards his ex but has said that she is exaggerating what was said – its so frustrating cos my friend is such a lovely pretty girl but has a habit of getting into relationships with losers! Hopefully she will see sense but I’ve just got to be there to listen rather than forcing my opinion on her.

Totally scoffed for my cheat meal (don’t judge me!!) 4 x crumpets, a large pineapple pizza from dominos and a box of wedges. Followed by a galaxy caramel – felt awful after!

So I know a loss is a loss but I was super gutted by a measly pound. Meh. Mega cheat meal last night and back on it today. My colleague suggested though it could be a result of one of two things – my current addiction to oranges (lots of sugar in fruit) or the fact I’ve recently started drinking so much water? I dunno but either way I scoffed my face last night.
Food yesterday…
Breakfast: 2 x oranges and a mullerlight with a coffee (0.5)
Lunch: Wholemeal roll (hexb) with 25g mozzarella (half hexa) with orange and French fries (4)
Dinner (please don’t judge me): 4 x crumpets, a large dominos pineapple pizza with a box of wedges followed by a galaxy caramel…
Going to go for a walk tonight with my OH, to try and do some damage control. Was thinking I’d be able to be back on track this week but have an appointment tomorrow night with a wedding cake maker so will have to try some samples to decide our flavours, so am going to continue with the lots of water and no carbs for dinner and go for a walk tonight (if the weather holds) and Thursday.
My friend is also coming over tonight for a chat about her OH – hope she’s ok. Men… eurgh!
In other news – I’ve finally heard back from the job ad they’re drawing my contract up this week – eek! So on Saturday we are going up to the Midlands to go house hunting – already proving to be more difficult than we thought though due to the cats. Hmph!
Will let you know how we get on!

Yeah I guess it’s just difficult cos my poor parents are trying to keep everyone happy and I know I’m a stubborn moo haha!!

It was meant to be my mum, my brother’s gf and my friend but no idea whats happening now – just going to leave it to my Mum to sort (because she wants to do it, not because I’m lazy and demanding haha!)

My friend isn’t great to be honest – I think she’s going to take him back. I really wish she wouldn’t but I guess ultimately it’s her call and I’ve got to stand by her no matter what her choice is. She’s going to come over later for a chat. He’s now admitted to being inappropriate towards his ex but has said that she is exaggerating what was said – its so frustrating cos my friend is such a lovely pretty girl but has a habit of getting into relationships with losers! Hopefully she will see sense but I’ve just got to be there to listen rather than forcing my opinion on her.

Totally scoffed for my cheat meal (don’t judge me!!) 4 x crumpets, a large pineapple pizza from dominos and a box of wedges. Followed by a galaxy caramel – felt awful after!

Im stubborn too, you are in good company!!

Yeah don't blame you, personally i think id have to take charge because I am such a control freak - cant help it!

It's very hard when you have a friend in that situation and you can see the right/obvious thing to do (and the thing you hope you would do if it were you in that situation) but its ultimately her call like you say and as long as you are there for her thats all that you can really do to help. Like I say, I know this situation all too well and completely feel your pain. I cant be around my friends OH now which makes it difficult for us to see each other (plus she lives an hour away from me). Your friend sounds like my friend, why do girls get themselves into such sh** situations? Makes me feel so lucky to have found my Matty (when in actual fact its what we all deserve)

Haha sounds like a good cheat meal! I never have a cheat meal, thinking I really need to as I'm honestly not getting the losses I deserve! xx

So my friend didn't end up coming over last night - but I did have a huge row with my OH which sucked. We are ok now but I've now woken up with a stinking cold and feeling sorry for myself. Trying to keep syns low today ready for wedding cake sampling later! But think most syns are going to be used on lemsips. eurgh.

Food yesterday...

Breakfast: orange, mullerlight, coffee (0.5)

Lunch: Wholemeal thin (hexB) with 25g mozzarella (1/2 hex a), tomato chutney, french fries (4) and an orange

Dinner: Quorn chiken pieces with mayflower curry (4) and lots of speed (celery, leek, onion, spring onion, carrot, pepper)

Syns: 8

Back