From zero to marathon runner in 22 weeks...

zoerunsfaster

Today is my 40th birthday. I really wanted to be fit and 40 but despite starting various diets I didn't quite get there. So I'm giving myself a really good birthday present...i'm going to be fit and fabulous! I've signed up to the Brighton marathon which takes place in 22 weeks time and I'm going to follow Weight Watchers run religiously until then with the aim of losing more than 3 stone (four would be ideal) and running the marathon. I'm going to record my progress here. Wish me luck! Start weight: 13.8 This weeks exercise plan:
M - my birthday - 20 min jog - DONE (2 miles in 22 mins)
T - 20 min jog; 10 min core- DONE
W - rest
Th - 20 min jog, arms & legs
Fri 20 min jog; 10 mins core
ThS - 1 hr walk / run S - rest

Last edited:
Welcome Zoe!!

Well done on signing up for the marathon - awesome effort!! If ever I can run again I'd like to try a half :)

Sounds like your goals are very achievable so very best of luck xx

Thank you v much :) why aren't you running at the moment?

Recovering from suspected stress fracture in my hip. I rested it for a week a while back and is improving but taken 3 months and I'm still not completely convinced it's actually better. Really need an MRI but still hoping it will fix itself naturally

Recovering from suspected stress fracture in my hip. I rested it for a week a while back and is improving but taken 3 months and I'm still not completely convinced it's actually better. Really need an MRI but still hoping it will fix itself naturally

Oh yuck! Poor you. All you can do is not run:/
I had a suspected stress fracture in my foot last year. I had to stop running for three months, lost fitness and put on a stone. When it had mended running was so much harder I just sort of never got back into it. Here I am, a year later, unfit, 2 stone heavier and more or less starting from scratch :/ but also wiser and determined! You know what they say, what doesn't kill you...

i'm not sure about Weight Watchers filling and healthy... any diet that bans smoked salmon and avocado as unhealthy but allows low calorie bread isn't for me. I think I may go onto calorie counting. I counted today and I was around the 1500 cal mark. I'm going to play it by ear and keep you posted and as long as I'm on downwards trajectory i guess it doesn't matter what diet I'm on.

Last edited:
i'm not sure about Weight Watchers filling and healthy... any diet that bans smoked salmon and avocado as unhealthy but allows low calorie bread isn't for me. I think I may go onto calorie counting. I counted today and I was around the 1500 cal mark. I'm going to play it by ear and keep you posted and as long as I'm on downwards trajectory i guess it doesn't matter what diet I'm on.

No smoked salmon or avocado?!!!! That's crazy!! They're my diet staples - so good for you. In fact I love them so much my first food in 72 hours is a salad with SS, avocado and chicken :). Love them!!

Me and a few of the other girls use my fitness pal - it's really good for helping track calories and nutrition

No smoked salmon or avocado?!!!! That's crazy!! They're my diet staples - so good for you. In fact I love them so much my first food in 72 hours is a salad with SS, avocado and chicken :). Love them!! Me and a few of the other girls use my fitness pal - it's really good for helping track calories and nutrition

I know it's crazy!!! So calorie counting and MFP it is. I also joined a dietbet today...basically lots of people pledge to lose 4% of their body weight, put money in a pot and those that actually meet their goal share the pot at the end. I have to lose 7.7lbs in the next month to win, which is high but doable.

I know it's crazy!!! So calorie counting and MFP it is. I also joined a dietbet today...basically lots of people pledge to lose 4% of their body weight, put money in a pot and those that actually meet their goal share the pot at the end. I have to lose 7.7lbs in the next month to win, which is high but doable.

You'll nail it - can tell ;-)

So a quick summary of the last couple of days:

Tues
Cals: 1550
Ex: 2 mile run, felt much better than Monday :)
10 min Bootcamp abs (365 cals burned)

Wed
Cals: 1660
Ex: none (rest day)

Back