21 weeks to lose 3 stone and run a marathon...

Plan for this week

Mon
Ex: 3 mile run, abs
Food: spicy chicken quinoa

Tues
Ex: 2 mile run, arms
Food: mushy pea curry & SW chips

Wed
Ex: rest
Food: hunters chicken & SW chips

Thurs
Ex: 3 mile run, abs
Food: cauliflower cheese soup

Fri:
Ex: bike ride
Food: out for dinner, steak & salad

Sat:
Ex: 4 mile run & stretch
Food: SW chicken chow mein

Sun:
Ex: plyo workout
Food: SW roast

Today - Tues 25th Nov

EE day

Ex - none (delaying my run til tomorrow as slept so badly)

B - jam sandwich (hexb, 2 syns), Costa soya latte (hexa), pear

L - leftover spicy chicken quinoa

S - skinny latte (5.5 syns)

T - SW chips (big portion post weigh in), broccoli, cauliflower, 2 dry-fried eggs

Other: milk through the day 2 syns, salted caramel hifi 6 syns

Total syns: 15.5 (not too shoddy for a weigh in day!)

Down 1.5lbs at weigh in :) v pleased with that.

My post weigh in treat... image-2184428055.jpg

Last edited:
B*gger. I treated myself to some Hifi bars at class tonight. I had a salted caramel one tonight and it was SOOO yummy. I'm going to struggle to stay away from the rest....

Add one more hifi bar onto yesterday for a total of 21.5 syns oops!

And I'm not having a good time at work so sleeping badly and finding it increasingly difficult to get up and run in the morning. For example last night I was awake between 2-4am so couldn't face getting up at 6.

As my ABSOLUTE rule is unless injured, I am not allowed to take more than one day off in a row from running, I need to get out after work. I WILL make the time - this is important to me.

Hope you make that run, it's very hard to be motivated when you've had a bad nights sleep x

Today....oops!

Extra easy

Exercise: 3.14 mile run, 33min40 :)

B - skipped as running late..(always a bad start!)

S - hifi light bar (half hexb)

L - went pear shaped, buffet at work...five sandwich quarters, 2 mini sausage rolls, a piece of shortbread, some fruit I'm guesstimating 35 syns

T - small portion of leftover spicy quinoa chicken, cauliflower, 2 eggs, hifi light bar (half hexb)

So although lunch went pear-shaped, the rest of the day was ok and I know it is solely down to my lack of planning. I am pleased, however, that I didn't let it stop me getting back on track or going for a run...many a time, particularly when I'm tired, have I just thrown sense to the wind and spent the rest of the day on the sofa pigging out.

Last edited:
Good on you staying upbeat, like you said, would be easy to just think 'eff it' and lay down and pig out x

Thurs 27th Nov

Got a bit confused on my days today....but I'll go with Red!

Ex: 3 mile run, av pace 10.37 :)

B - 4 ryvita (hexb) 2 laughing cow light (1/2 hexa) skinny latte (hexa)
L - 4 ryvita (hexb) 2 laughing cow light (1/2 hexa) sweet chilli chicken fillets (1.5 syns)
S - 2 coffees with milk (2 syns)
T - 100g cooked wholemeal pasta (6 syns) with cottage cheese & tuna & carrots & cauliflower
S - hifi salted caramel bar (6 syns)

Total syns 15.5

I would have done better if I'd had fruit & eggs for breakfast, more fruit and veg during the day and more water. But I'm pleased I managed to stay on plan because I am so disorganised this week!

I was supposed to be going out for dinner tomorrow but I'm glad it's been cancelled coz I really want to stay on track this week.

I know I shouldn't do this but I plugged my food into MFP for interest and today's calories came out at 1350...I was surprised how low it was!!

Ooh I might give that a try and see what my cals come out as

Mine came out as 1365 cals, I wonder if that's too high. I used to track and have 1200 cals a day to lose weight but maybe that was too low

See I'm the opposite and think it's too low...if you take off the calories I burnt on my run that's 1000, and I'm on my feel all day in my job as well...

I would naturally eat more fee foods if I was better organised. So will need to plan much better as my mileage increases or i may end up over hungry and bingeing. I've already got over hungry and succumbed to naughties (the lunch buffet at work, for example!).

I've just plugged in my height, weight and age into a basal metabolic rate calculator and it says just to survive lying on a sofa all day I need 1590 cals. That's to maintain my weight.

Even at my goal weight my bmr is 1377.

Target: plan better so I eat more free food, drink more water!

Plan for today:

B - scrambled egg, grapefruit

L - baked beans on jacket spud, carrot, cucumber

S - flapjack & skinny latte (11 syns, hea)

T - not sure yet....

Funny thing is actually, I used to be lucky to lose a lb on a 1200cal diet and I lose more when my cals are higher. I think a lot of people can be fooled into thinking lower cals means more weight loss

I totally agree. I can eat 2000 cals a day and still lose weight. But the fact is I don't want to calorie count and slimmjng world makes the whole family healthier. The key to eating more is planning so this week I am planning!

Talking of lack of planning, yesterday was a planning disaster! I forgot my lunch money so couldn't get my jacket potato, and a lot of stuff came up at work so I had no time. It started off so well coz I was determined to eat more!

Fri

Red

Ex: none, planned rest day

B - cheesy scrambled eggs on toast (hexa & b)
L - 4 ryvita (hexb) and laughing cow light (1/2 hexa), banana
S - Costa...soya latte (1/2 hexa and 3 syns) mini choc & cherry tart (6 syns) tea with milk (1)
S - nibbled on kids tea...one boiled potato, broccoli
T - Indian takeaway...oops! 2 poppadoms, chicken dupiaza, sag aloo, 1/4 tub rice ...scrummy!
S - caramel choc nibbles!

Could have been MUCH worse. In the past I would have had a full sized cake at Costa, a piece of the kids chicken pie, some more side goodies on the Indian like naan, onion bhajis etc and a full portion of rice.

But it also could have been better...if I'd made a SW curry and not forgotten my lunch money I would have been within syns!!!

Oh well. Not going to bother totalling syns. I am drawing a line and today will start afresh.

Interestingly cals for the day were 2200. So not outrageous!

Fri has always historically been my treat night. It used to really give me a boost for my sat long run :)

So I'm going to try slimming world most of the time as it focuses me on healthy eating and if planned, is a lot less faff than counting calories, but if I know I'm out, I think calorie counting and keeping it below 2000 will stop me going completely doolally and eating everything in sight!

Today was a calorie counting day...I knew we were shopping all day and finding suitable food would be a faff, and I knew we'd be eating out for 2 meals.

Basically this is my way of finding something I can live with and that has a little bit more flexibility. If it doesn't work, then I'll be back to straight slimming world.

Sat 29th November

Ex: 4.5 mile run

Calories: 1950

Back