21 weeks to lose 3 stone and run a marathon...

Omg! Reading back I am shocked how much I ate on a fri....!!! I've never thought about it before in the context of the whole day!!

Recipe I want to use this week

Chicken chow mein 1/2 syn on EE - serves 4
4 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp white wine vinegar
1 level tbsp oyster sauce
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil frylight
4 garlic cloves crushed
2 cm root ginger grated
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
4 chicken breast diced
350g dried egg noodles 1 carrot halved and sliced canned bamboo shoots drained (I didn't use)
1 red pepper deseeded and sliced 100g babycorn halved lengthways (I added more the 2nd time lol)
bunch of spring onions sliced diagonally
60g fresh bean sprouts rinsed (I used more)

1. Mix light soy sauce, white wine vinegar, garlic, ginger and five spice in a bowl, toss the chicken, coat fully and leave for 20 minutes (not in fridge).
2. Chop all veg whilst the chicken is marinating.
3. Cook the noodles-drain-set aside.
4. Spray wok with frylight, place on high heat, add the marinated chicken and stir fry for 5 minutes.
5. Add the carrot, bamboo shoots (if having), red peppers, baby corn and spring onions and stir fry for 5 minutes.
6. Add the noodles, beansprouts, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and sesame oil, toss everything together cook for 4 minutes.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!

This was one of the easiest dinners I have ever made!! I was expecting it to be a pain, but I laid everything out I needed, got everything prepared and it was very straight forward, I really hope you like it x

This weeks running round-up

Mon - 2 miles
Tues - 2.2 miles
Thurs - 2.3 miles
Sat - 3.8 miles

Total: 10.3 miles all at around a 11 min mile pace

I am so chuffed! It's quite slow but I haven't run four times in one week since last year! Training well underway :)

Mmm I fancy the chicken chow mein too x

I will do :)

Here's another recipe I want to try (saving them here or I'll never find them again!)

Thanks, yeah I make it myself, it's so yummy! I cook a pork joint (visible fat removed) in the slow cooker for 8hrs on low, shred using a couple of forks and return to the slow cooker. Empty out any pork juices first. Add the bbq sauce, mix together and cook for another couple of hours xx Bbq sauce 1 carton of passatta 3tbsp sweetner 2tbsp balsamic vinegar 2tbsps Worcestershire sauce 1/2tsp mustard powder 1/2tsp garlic powder or a couple of crushed garlic cloves Put all the ingredients in a pan and simmer for 10-15mins. Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So today:

Red day, I think!

Ex: 3.8 mile run

B - left over chicken stir fry! (It was nearly lunchtime!), 60g bread (hexb), banana
L - subway beef salad with olives (1) and ranch dressing (2) Apple
S - skinny latte (hexa)

So all v good until......

T: 6 course meal at the Dorchester in London, with an ample supply of champagne. Oops....

I don't feel guilty. I did eat and drink what I wanted but I didn't use it as an excuse to be off track during the day and it was a special celebratory meal.

Back on track tomorrow though....and I need to be on track until tues to stand any chance of a loss!

Mmmm 6 course meal, yum. Think I would die trying to run for nearly 4 miles, dont think I could even run 1 mile!

It was fab but I would be so embarrased to have a gain on my first week! So strictly on track today!

Extra easy

Ex: none

B - 2 boiled eggs, piece of toast (hexb)

L - garden veg salad, sweet chicken mini fillets (1.5), Starbucks skinny toffee nut latte (4 & hexa)

S - pear

T - pork loin (all visible fat removed), broccoli and cauliflower, new potatoes, gravy (1)

Total syns: 6.5

Last edited:
Hi! I've just turned forty and have put on 3 stone in the last two years. I've been a regular runner for ages but a foot injury and a broken treadmill (single parent - sometimes the only way I can get a run in) meant I've had a lot of time off.

I've tried every diet under the sun, but am determined to get to goal on slimming world.
I have signed up for the Brighton Marathon on 12th April (even though I can only run 2 miles at the mo!) and booked my first beach holiday in a very long time for August. I'm hoping these goals will motivate me to shift the lbs.

I'm joining the club tomorrow but am starting today...nothing like a Monday for a fresh start and I really don't need any more excuses to stuff my face for another day!

Wish me luck!

I'm also doing Brighton and slimming world so we could keep each other motivated. I intend to start a new diary tomorrow as never post in mine lol

Wow! That'd be great! I bet you're fitter than me at the moment!

I've just written out my schedule....20 weeks to go. I'm in the South so will be doing a few races in the run up as I don't like doing all my really long runs alone! You doing any?

Yay! Feeling v pleased...not only did I manage to force myself out of bed at 6am to run, but I ran the 3 miles more comfortably and slightly faster than before. The first 2 miles were at an 11 min mile pace and the last one at 10.30. It's still slow, don't get me wrong, but I can see definite signs of improvement after just one week of training :)

Mon 24th Nov

Extra easy

Exercise: 3 mile run, 10 min abs workout

B - soya latte (hexa), smoked salmon, pear

L - smoked salmon, pitta bread (hexb), melon slices

T - spiced quinoa with chicken, red peppers & green beans (was supposed to be chickpeas too but I forgot to add them..)
Twirl finger 5.5

S - milk in 2 coffees (2 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Naughty me...I didn't take enough food to work and so by the time I got home and dinner was ready I was STARVING!!!! Fortunately dinner (a recipe from the magazine) was yummy and quick! I did eat a lot more though than I would have if I'd managed my hunger better!

image-3005305933.jpg

Last edited:
Another recipe I love the look of...

Hunters Chicken

Serves 4
One of my most popular recipes ever -- this is a low fat version of the classic Hunter's Chicken
To make the BBQ Sauce
3 shallots
Half a teaspoon of chilli powder (or more, if you like it hot)
Half a carton of passata -- about 250ml
4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
A good shake of Lea and Perrins
4 tablespoons of artificial sweetener
To make the chicken
The above BBQ sauce
4 chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
112g cheddar
Green veg, to serve
To make the sauce
Peel and finely chop the shallots. Put them in a frying pan, sprinkle the chilli powder over the top and fry them for about six minutes until they're soft
Once the shallots have softened just add the rest of the ingredients and stir. Keep the sauce on a medium to high heat and stir it occasionally -- it should thicken up nicely
For the chicken
Pre-heat the oven to about 210C. Spray a roasting tin/baking tray with Fry Light and lay the chicken breasts in them. Then slit the breast down the middle to make a pocket
When the sauce is ready, spread it in the slits and over the top of the chicken breasts
Take the bacon and either wrap it round the breast or lay it over the top. Then put the chicken in the oven for 20 minutes
Sprinkle an ounce of the cheese over the top of the breast and put back into the oven for another 10 minutes
Serve it with the vegetables

That recipe sounds lovely. I had the same when it came to my dinner today, was starving and ate more than I should have x

Back