Fromage Frais!

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
My boyfriend bought me some of this yesterday to make a syn free peppercorn sauce for our steak last night and there is loads left. I am not very good with ideas and wondered if anyone could chuck me a few ideas to do with it. want to use it before it goes off :)

Thanks all

I suppose ur looking for something quick and simple to do with it but here's a recipe I found on body optimise quite a few ingrediants but maybe you could adapt it to what you have in your cupboard?

grated rind of 1 lemon
6 tbsp lemon juice
2 level tsp salt
4 chicken portions, skinned & scored
1 level tsp coriander
½ level tsp garlic powder
2 level tsp paprika
¼ level tsp cayenne
1 level tsp ground ginger
½ level tsp cumin
1 tbsp vinegar
283g/10 oz very low fat natural fromage frais

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
sin_free.jpg
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] 1. Mix together the lemon rind, half the lemon juice and salt and rub into the chicken.
2. Mix the coriander, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, ginger and cumin with the remaining lemon juice and stir in the vinegar and fromage frais. Spread this mixture over the chicken, loosely cover with foil, and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Transfer the chicken portions to a baking sheet and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and baste with the marinade. Return to the oven, reduce the temperature to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and continue to bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked

Or here's a simpler one

½ cucumber
227g/8 oz cooked lean ham
454g/1 lb button mushrooms
283g/10 oz very low fat natural fromage frais
1 level tsp curry paste
4 tsp lemon juice
seasoning

transp.gif
transp.gif
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
sin_free.jpg
[/FONT]
transp.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]INSTRUCTIONS[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-2]
transp.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] 1. Peel and dice the cucumber, cut ham into bite sized pieces and quarter mushrooms. Stir these ingredients together in a bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix together the fromage frais, curry paste and lemon juice. Chill both of these mixtures for at least 1 hour.
3. Combine both mixtures, seasoning to taste. Chill for a further hour before serving.

There's a few pudding ones too like cheescake just let me know if you want anymore and I'll post them up.
HTH
Wendy

Yummm! I love lemon curd must try that!

If you've got some sugar free jelly you could just dissolve it in half the water it suggests, then when cooled slightly mix in the fromage frais then leave to set. It's yummy!

Back