Fromage fraise.. What to use it in

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
S: 15st0lb C: 12st4.4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 2st9.6lb(17.9%)
I add it to homemade pasta or curry sauces to make them creamier. Or for a sweet alternative, try stirring an options hot chocolate sachet into some fromage frais - low syn chocolate mousse! :)

bilsat

Really likes to cook
S: 18st11.5lb C: 11st9.5lb G: 11st11.5lb BMI: 23.5 Loss: 7st2lb(37.95%)
You could try this!........

Pete’s Tiramisu-2

Serves 4

Ingredients

2 Eggs split into yokes & whites (ff)
3 tbsp Sweetener

3 tbsp Instant Coffee in ½ cup of hot water
Or
½ cup of Strong Percolated Coffee

4 tbsp Sainsbury’s natural Normandy fromage frais (ff)
8 Sainsbury’s sponge fingers (8 syns/4=2 syns per person)
11g Options Belgium chocolate (2 syns/4= ½ syns per person)
*option
1tbsp of spirits of your taste (at least 4 syns/4=1 syns per person)

Method

Make the coffee and add 1tbsp sweetener, set aside to cool.
In 4 desert dishes break the biscuits, when the coffee is cold , soak the fingers then break to fit the dish, spoon over to just wet the bottom of the biscuits.
Break and separate the eggs, add the egg yolks, 2 tbsp of sweetener & fromage frais together, mix until smooth.
In a clean glass bowl, whisk the whites until still peaks appear, carefully fold in the fromage frais mix with a metal spoon, making sure that you don’t mix out all the air in it. Add the spirits if required.
Spoon the mix into the desert dishes & place in a fridge for at least 1 hr., remove and share the Options Belgium chocolate over the 4 dishes.

Tiramasu-3 (Small).JPGTiramisu-2 (Small).JPG

hennyhamster

Silver Member
S: 13st3.0lb C: 13st3.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Mix with granulated sweetner, pour over frozen berries for a syn free dessert. You can also crumble a hi fi bar on top.

NorthernHelen

S: 22st3lb C: 19st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 44.7 Loss: 2st6lb(10.93%)
I was just wondering this myself! Thanks for the ideas so far - any more please? I'd like to use mine in recipes rather than alone with fruit etc as I prefer natural yogurt on fruit. Thanks in advance.