frozen food

I'm quite new to this, but although my OH was resistant I made it crystal clear that I had no intention of cooking two different meals every day for the rest of my life. So it's SW way or the highway.

I have been adapting our 'normal' meals to SW and so far it is working really well. He hasn't had a problem with many of the SW alternatives (only the quiche so far in fact) and some of the recipes he has loved. I usually stick some spuds on for him if I'm on a red day and on green days either stick some meat in or try and con him into eating quorn (even that is growing on him).

I don't see SW as being a 'diet', it is healthy eating with weightloss benefits, and even though my OH stays slim, it will still benefit him to eat more healthily. He was soooo fussy when we met, but some of the foods he hated then are his favourites now - broccoli in particular!

There's a difference between preferring something different to actually disliking it. If he doesn't like it he is welcome to go and shop and cook for himself!

My hubby is also a skinny minnie who prefers chicken dippers and fish fingers to 'real' foods.

He won't eat rice or pasta (only lasagne) And is very picky about spicy things. I make a very mild chilli which he has with bread, he won't have curry at all but little does he know I stick a spoon full of curry powder in the chilli pmsl :)

My OH is lovely and so supporting and eats anything I put in front of him.

He loves it when I am on the slimming world plan as I play around with new recipes and have some exciting and different meals.

So far he has eaten it all apart from one mishap when I used english mustard instead of french mustard :sign0007:but that day both meals went in the bin :8855:

i have to say my oh is generally good about things unless it has quark or cottage cheese in, we have same things for dinner - sw all the way unless he is having oven chips i either do my own for me or do a jacket if i am tired. we have diff lunches and breakfasts as he does not like milk or cold pasta/couscous.

we used to eat alot of packet / ready meals and nwo since sw the only packets are pasta n sauce, or savory rice - or low fat supernoodles which are a quick lunch for a weekend.

Tesco do a meat free chicken style fillet. They are frozen & come in a box of 4 & they have offers on most of the time 2 packs for £3 :)

There really nice IMO x

Back