Frozen fruit

Lisaberry

Silver Member
I've noticed a few people saying they buy lots of this.....I really would like to use it as its much cheaper than fresh. I bought the tropical mix from Tesco and it was rank!!!
Does anyone have any suggestions for whih ones I should buy?

I have the frozen raspberies, blueberries and summer fruits. they're great. I mix them with magic porridge at night it's lovely in the morning

I buy the tesco discount brands frozen mixed fruit, which is yummy and is currently only a £1 a bag!

I buy the tesco discount brands frozen mixed fruit, which is yummy and is currently only a £1 a bag!

Is that red berries too? I'm thinking maybe that is the best stuff?

Does it go really mushy?

this is a weird question (please dont laugh lol) what do you do with frozen fruit?

I am not a big fruit eater- much prefer veg - but am trying to get my intake up, discovered i love melon, and pineapple (but can only eat in limited amounts as it hurts my mouth lmao) and kiwi

x

I just defrosted a portion overnight and had it with yogurt

I buy Asda frozen raspberries, blueberries, cherries and mango. I separate them into little food bags and then freeze them individually. I normally have mine defrosted with a mullerlite yoghurt over the top and a little sweetner.

I buy Asda frozen raspberries, blueberries, cherries and mango. I separate them into little food bags and then freeze them individually. I normally have mine defrosted with a mullerlite yoghurt over the top and a little sweetner.

mmmmmmm cherries

I buy the dark cherries, the raspberries, and (my current fave) friut salad - the budget stuff is fine.

I mainly use it for breakfast, either just with yogurt (and sometimes musili too). Sometimes as a dessert with sugar-free jelly. Or, as a treat, sweet eggy bread with cherries on top and drizzled with vanilla yogurt.

By the way - I hated the mixed red fruit (some of the berries can be very tough or bitter), and didn't think much of the mango pieces at all. So, it is a case of trying it out.

I think the fruit salad is the best as it reminds me of the tinned stuff my mum bought when I was little.

Tesco currently has 500g bags of Country Store mixed frozen fruit (blackberries, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants & blackcurrants) on offer for #1, usually #1.29

I use frozen berries when I make a roulade. Some frozen fruit seems to go really soggy once defrosted which is a pain.

Tesco currently has 500g bags of Country Store mixed frozen fruit (blackberries, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, redcurrants & blackcurrants) on offer for #1, usually #1.29

This is the one I buy and its really nice with a meringue nest and fromage frais/yogurt. I tried the tropical fruit one recently and I agree it is not that nice!

I've been having the frozen fruit selections from Aldi.There are three varieties a summer fruits one,fruit salad one and another one which for the life in me I can't remember but I've tried them and loved them all.£1.29 for a big bag so pretty cheap.Plus its a good excuse to stock up of their super six fresh fruit and veg bargains at the same time

Lesleyxx

Does frozen fruit still come under free?

I love summer fruits mixed through some fat free natural yoghurt but it does work out expensive keep buying fresh stuff all the time.

yes - the frozen fruit is free. I put porridge in the fridge overnight with natural yoghurt, then mix the defrosted frozen fruit into it with some sweetner for breakfast! Its yummy!

if you dont like the teso one, del monte do frozen pineapple and summer fruits ones, both of which i like.

Be careful folks - not all frozen fruit is free - some are glaced which may have some syns (i believe one particular make available for Aldi or Lidl is particularly a worry on this score).

One alternative tohugh - freeze your own. I have two punnets of strawberries in the freezer at moment and regularly freeze pineapple slices.

I really dislike frozen fruit :( I find its just mushy/soggy, I am yet to find one that tastes like fresh fruit.

Saying that - i don't mix it in to make magic porridge, maybe it tastes better like that??

Thanks for the info Ian, tried to rep you but I've obviously been too loving towards you recently.:D I had no idea some frozen fruit wasn't free. I'll be checking carefully in future.

Back