Frozen Fruit

I use it sometimes with yogurt and bran flakes for breakfast. You could also put it on meringue nests with yogurt or fromage frais for a low syn dessert.

I had frozen (well defrosted) raspberries and sliced banana on my cinnamon french toast for breakfast. I just defrost and use as i would any other fruit. I also use a few of them in my sprite zero to make a "posh cocktail" ;)

frozen fruit also makes a nice TV snack.. takes longer to eat since you have to suck on it to melt it....

yeah i pretty much do the same as everyone else, you get a big bag of mixed berries for £1 in sainsburys :) xx

I love the idea of frozen fruit - it's so cheap and lasts BUT I always find it tastes terrible??? It's all mushy with a weird taste!
I love my fruit naked (he he) rather than covered in yogurt or anything so maybe that's why I don't like it so much?

Frozen berries are great because as they defrost they let out alot of water which creates a real nice kind of syrup to go on anything. I also put some in the bottom of a plastic cup then fill with sugar free jelly. When you turn it out it looks all nice and snazzy. :)

Emily

I too have defrosted fruit on my porridge with a bananna and some honey for syns for my breakfast. I have been having the fruit from Sainsburys, 3 packs for £5.00. I have been having the cherries and blueberries and they taste good.

I also use them on french toast with cinnamon with a drizzle of honey ( can you tell i like honey...lol) to make a low syn pudding.

I make the 'magic' porridge by tipping some frozen fruit into a bowl with my HE B of porridge, by the next morning its absorbed in the fruit juice and is lush. You can heat it a little too if you like.

Sometimes I add yog too, more so in the summer, I like a warm brekkie in the winter!

I also often add it to SF jelly, yog and a broken up pink 'n white for a dessert, yum!

You can get 3 boxes of frozen fruit for a fiver in tesco at the mo - raspberries, summer fruits, forest fruits, or strawberries with blueberries - all yum!

I make the 'magic' porridge by tipping some frozen fruit into a bowl with my HE B of porridge, by the next morning its absorbed in the fruit juice and is lush. You can heat it a little too if you like.

Sometimes I add yog too, more so in the summer, I like a warm brekkie in the winter!

I also often add it to SF jelly, yog and a broken up pink 'n white for a dessert, yum!

You can get 3 boxes of frozen fruit for a fiver in tesco at the mo - raspberries, summer fruits, forest fruits, or strawberries with blueberries - all yum!
When you say you put the fruit in with the porridge, do you mean just the oats or made up porridge? Sorry if i'm being a thickie :D

mix some fromage frais with sweetener and layer it with frozen fruit and flavoured yogurt, syn free of course, makes a delicious breakfast or dessert.

Back