Frozen Tetras?

Loser85

Gold Member
Im really wanting to try a frozen tetra but being the dozy moo i am i'm not overly sure what to do. Do i have to put in the freezer and then cut out of pack once frozen or do i put it in a dish then freeze it? Sowwie if this sounds daft. *blushes*
Thankies in advance!

Lisa xxx

I just sliced the top of the pack open with a sharp knife, and ate it with a spoon out of the pack! Saves dirtying a bowl!!! ;)

I just put them in the freezer as soon as I get back from CDC and then cut them out in to a bowl when I want one. I leave them for about 30mins in the bowl before I eat it and it's perfect :) xx

If you want a more slushy milkshake, you can freeze them in the evening, take them out in the morning and they're slushy like a Mc D's milkshake at lunchtime.

I am a pig. I cut the packet off mine and ate it like a choc ice! I was star-fished though!!

I lift the flaps up from the sides and slice it open so it's like a cup, then put it in the freezer.

Then, I leave it out for an hour or two (or in the fridge for two or three), so that it loosens up and is less 'ice' and more 'cream', and turn it upside down. It plops into a bowl like a proper block of ice cream!

Then I attack it with the smallest spoon I can find to savour it for longer ;)

thanks for the replies everybody. Thinking of getting MAM at next WI too. Fancying something different you see. Will see how i go with frozen tetra and MAM and may then move on to muffins etc. Ooh get me aint i brave :D

Lisa xx

I poured mine out into ice lolly moulds today. Roll on summer!!!!

This is what i did and have just had my first one...

Only £1 from Tesco (on offer) and there are 8 moulds. 2 choc tetras made 8 good sized lollies.

It was a fab snack size lolly and came out of the mould so easily!

yum yum yum :D

I'm thinking it's just me, but the colour of the chocolate tetra really put me off.
When I drunk it from the carton, I was none the wiser and loved them. I then tried freezing it, cut it open and saw the colour and felt sick.
It took me ages to get back into drinking them again and have never tried it since.

Back