fruit and veg

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by dsarah1977, 7 November 2008 Social URL.

1. dsarah1977

dsarah1977 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st7lb
    Current Weight:
    24st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(2.24%)
    Diet:
    own
    I have found it hard eating fruit this week but getting there and salad seem to do ok with its just veggies anybody any ideas thanks.

sarah x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kitteh

Kitteh Resident geek

Diet:
    sw
    oh good point.. how do people cook their veggies? what do they do with them?

personally i sometimes make veggie soup.. using frozen veg.. but i also steam a lot of mine.. (steamer best invention ever)

x x

4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    I like to cut up carrots, swede, onion, garlic and baby new potatoes, sometimes parsnips. Spray a tray with fry lite, put veg on tray and sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 30-40mins.

5. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I hate veggies but find that when I boil them in vecon and then blend them to make a soup, I love them! Strange but at least I am eating them.

I can also eat the fine in a casserole too!

6. Susiewoosie

Susiewoosie In it to lose it

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.98%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I put them in curries and chilli's as well as just microwaving them.

Sue

7. tinyshoes

tinyshoes Must try harder...

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.6%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I buy the bargain stir fry packs and use syns for say a Blue Dragon stir fry sauce which I then share with my bf so it's only half the syns, or even cook in passata which is free and add some herbs which are also free, - hides the veggie taste a bit lol :eek: I don't really like alot of different veg (or salad!) but have been trying to eat more the last week or two, yuk!

8. lwtblb

lwtblb Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(16.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love steamed veggies, but I also stir fry them, just with a little olive oil frylite.

I also bake them.

Sometimes I buy them ready preparein the bag, so I just chuck the whole bag in the microwave...especially carrots. Once they are ready I mix in a butter bud 1/2 syn...find this works best with carrots though...yummy butter carrots.
    Lisa x

9. Louise24

Louise24 Gold Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    I only like certain types of veg, so I just throw it in EVERYTHING, chillis / soups / pasta sauce etc.

I also like adding chopped pepper and spring onion to tuna, which I then put on a jacket potato. Yum x

10. Minders

Minders Finding inspiration

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(18.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Roast veg is really nice and gives them more flavour than just boiled. You can use all kinds of things, carrots, butternut squash, courgette, onions, garlic, peppers. Either spray them with fry light or measure out some olive oil (and count the syns), toss them with the fry light/oil, maybe a bit of balsamic vinegar, chuck in some dried thyme, sprinkle with salt and pepper and lay out on a tray. Roast for 1/2 an hour or so. It really intensifies the flavours. It's my favourite way to eat veg. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.