Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Extra Easy Days Fruit intake!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by yummymummy1985, 20 January 2011 Social URL.

1. yummymummy1985

yummymummy1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I've been doing ee days for the 3 weeks I've been doing sw and was just wondering if my fruit intake would make a difference in my weight loss? I've been eating alot of veg/salad food but really upped my fruit
    Intake and wanted Personal opinions on if more fruit would help lose or gain weight?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are some fruits that are particularly high in natural sugar and if eaten to excess can negatively affect your losses. So I would recommend having a good variety of different fruits and vegetables. But that said even a banana is only 80 calories and far better than a bar of chocolate!

What do they say? Each meal should be a rainbow on your plate!

4. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    Try the SS fruits in your Optimise book, they are the lowest density ones, that if any will help speed up your weight loss x

5. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I eat lots of fruit everyday and according to the plan we should be able to do this and enjoy! I am trying to make sure I eat the superspeed varieties this week especially though and am cutting down on grapes as was going a bit mad with them! But it was better that I ate grapes than a lot of other things that were around over xmas etc!

6. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/maintaining
    now I am going to go against the grain here, but I am a grazer, in fact I think I could eat 12 hours a day, and since being on SW I thought I was choosing wisely by eat fruit, I am talking alot of fruit, more out of habit than actually needing it. I found my weight loss stopped, I didn't actually gain, but wasn't loosing either, the only thing I could pinpoint it to was the fruit grazing and in fact when I made a point of trying not to graze I started loosing again. I am in the process of reining the fruit hoovering back in again, I really don't need to eat 12 hours a day!

Just thought I would add that to this thread, that even though fruit is good for you, and a darned sight better than a bar of choc, remember to only eat it if you a genuinly hungry. NOTE TO SELF:- Am I really hungry do I need to eat it?

Helen xxx

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I think this could be partly why since xmas I haven't lost as much as would like/have in the past because I was eating constantly all be it the right things and out of habit like you say and maybe now I have got to this point I can't eat as much as I could before and lose. Good luck with reining it back in :)

8. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    Yeah same with me really, amazing how quick the stomach stretches again and NEEEDS more food!
    I am now counting my peices of fruit a day and re asking myself "Helen, are you really hungry? Or you eating that banana cause you walked past the fruit bowl!" - gawd the things I will do to get back into target!

Helen xx

9. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Well thats what got you there in the first place Im sure so good for you! and hope it will get me there too!

Your avatar pic looks brill by the way but couldn't find a full size version of it?

10. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
  11. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Oh WOW! Yes!!! Well Done! you look amazing and such a difference in those trousers! :D

12. suplizi

suplizi I see the light!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(35.21%)
    Diet:
    ah thankyou! Its the only thing I have kept, they were my weigh in trousers and were extremely tight, especially in the thigh area!

Helen xxx

13. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Brilliant! I have some jeans am going to take pic of soon, it helps you to realise how far you have come doesn't it :) xxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.