Fruit Smoothies

emski

Gold Member
Can someone tell me about fresh fruit smoothies.. I bought some fruit cheap from the grocers that needs using .. whats the value if I turn it into smoothies?? there is banana strawberries pineapple nectarine and melon

I don't know exactly but it is a lot. An Innocent fruit smoothie is about 12 Syns I think

don't even go there!!!

it's quite high sins due to the fact that it would be wasted calories.

for example say a glass of orange juice contains the juice of 12 oranges. you could drink that without even thinking about it, but if someone gave you 12 oranges to eat you would probably eat 2 or 3 then give up!

Also you use some calories to eat the fruit whereas you use almost none to drink a smoothie/juice

oooh!

So if I use my milk from my HE & add a banana & some strawberries, all fresh, this is bad??? I thought it would be ok as it's not tinned fruit & it's not processed like innocent smoothies. Just the same as having a glass of milk and eating a nana with strawberries.:cry::cry:im sad now...............:sigh:

So if I use my milk from my HE & add a banana & some strawberries, all fresh, this is bad??? I thought it would be ok as it's not tinned fruit & it's not processed like innocent smoothies. Just the same as having a glass of milk and eating a nana with strawberries.:cry::cry:im sad now...............:sigh:

unfortunatley it doesn't work like that - as fruit is only free when it has chewability factor as it takes longer to consume when eaten whole and it would satisfy your appetite more if you ate rather than drank.

Oh what a shame cos I was thinking what an excellent idea that would be...especially for summer :(

innocent arent processed, they are jsut pure as fruit can be but yes, they do have a lot of syns in because they are high in cals but not filling in any way :( its a bummer

Back