Fruit Soup

PrincessLou71186

I was chatting with my hubby and came up with the idea of Fruit Soup.

Has anybody tried this? Any recipes?

I have found a few online but nothing that I really fancy.

You have to be careful with food like that on a diet as you could find that one bowl containes a lot more fruit than you should be eating!

Isn't that a smoothie! Lol

I found one recipe that I liked.

FRUIT SOUP (10)

INGREDIENTS

· 1lt fresh orange juice
· 1 cinnamon stick (2 inches)
· 6 whole cloves
· 1tbsp sweetener
· 35g corn flour
· 60ml lemon juice
· 300g sliced fresh strawberries
· 2 medium bananas, sliced
· 300g halved green grapes

DIRECTIONS

1. Remove 200ml of juice; set aside. Add sweetener, cinnamon stick and cloves to saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Combine corn flour and reserved orange juice until smooth; stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in lemon juice.
3. Pour into a large bowl; cover and chill. Just before serving, remove the spices and stir in fruit.

Because the fruit is left whole and shared equally between portions, there shouldn't be any 'over-eating'.

Obviously if I puree it then it will probably be more like a smoothie but I'm trying to stay away from smoothies, I could drink £30 of fruit on one day by drinking smoothies and have done in the past. Lol. Although, that was helped by my juicer and the gorgeous combination of apple and mange. Yum.

hmm i love fruit and also soup but the two combined makes me feel ill , hot watery fruit i dont know lol. maybe its just me but ill take the seperates x

Back