fruit teas - are they worth it?

I started slimming world last week and kept it up loosing a total of 5lbs :). I don't normally drink hot drinks but every now and again i do fancy one, but not always tea. I am not a coffee drinker and hot chocolate must rack up the daily syn count so I am thinking of trying fruit tea being as a mug of that is syn free. I wondered if anyone drank them, any flavours that are good, brands etc.

thank you :)

I started slimming world last week and kept it up loosing a total of 5lbs :). I don't normally drink hot drinks but every now and again i do fancy one, but not always tea. I am not a coffee drinker and hot chocolate must rack up the daily syn count so I am thinking of trying fruit tea being as a mug of that is syn free. I wondered if anyone drank them, any flavours that are good, brands etc.

thank you :)

Never tried fruit tea but the Option hot chocolate are between 1.5 and 2 syns depending on the flavour. Worth it I think, gets you a hot drink and a chocolate fix all in one!

I drink Pukka mint tea, Twinings Lemon and Ginger, and any good brand of camomile. Any of Twinings fruit teas are nice.

I am not sure I understand your question "are they worth it?", though.

I drink Pukka mint tea, Twinings Lemon and Ginger, and any good brand of camomile. Any of Twinings fruit teas are nice.

I am not sure I understand your question "are they worth it?", though.

I ask if they are worth it because I did not want to buy a packet or two and find that i would only drink them because i felt i needed to to use them up. My grandma has had some in the past but my mum and dad say they are not worth buying is all.

thank you for your help.

i never realised the options chocolates were so low, may have to think about getting those for those times nothing else works but chocolate.

thank you

Hi

i love fruit teas. I know quite a few people who say they don't taste of much and therefor are not 'worth it', but for me, if u get decent brand and brew for the time recommended then they are very nice.

that said, I have recently become a fan of fruitbroo. Liquid instant tea, which I first saw in SW mag last month. A few teaspoons into hot water, stir, and you have a very yummy, juicy, full of flavour fruit tea. They are a syn or two per cup as they are sweet, but they are all natural and full of flavour. Currently stocked in sainsburys.

Xx

I drink quite a lot of fruit teas, and although Twinings is a good brand, I've recently switched to Tesco own brand (I'm on a very tight budget at the moment). I really like them. You might also consider flavoured green tea (again, Tesco own brand is a good bet if you want to try them without spending a lot of money). Lots of people swear green tea helps their weight loss, and although I haven't noticed this particularly, they can't hurt!

. You might also consider flavoured green tea .... Lots of people swear green tea helps their weight loss, and although I haven't noticed this particularly, they can't hurt!

Sorry to butt in on the thread, but can I ask what flavour green teas you reccommend? I keep hearing about the benefits of green tea but when I had straight green tea I wasn't keen so thought maybe flavoured green tea might be the way to go?

Thanks x

I love fruit teas, rooibos teas, chai teas, basically anything that’s hot and flavoured and has little to no sugar when made with water. My favourite right now is fennel or cinnamon but mint is a classic option. I go for Pukka or Tea Pings as they seem to have the strongest flavours. For me its totally worth it but as always mileage varies. Some of the tea company websites have “try it” offers where you can buy a handful of bags for a cheaper price so you aren’t stuck buying a whole box of 20 if you hate it.

I’ve also very recently started experimenting with raw cacao drinking chocolate melted in a saucepan a good option instead of Options, which still has a lot of refined sugar in it.

Salted caramel green tea, and gingerbread green tea are my fave!

Green tea takes about 2 weeks to get the taste of it.

Its strange !but lovely

I'm not keen on a lot of the Berry ones but I do love lemon and ginger, peppermint and chamomile. ... twinings do boxes with a few different flavours in which is what I used to buy until I found my favourites. ... I now have one proper cup of tea in the morning then the rest of my hot drinks for the day are these. ...

Last edited:
I'm always disappointed with fruit teas (think they smell lovely then the taste lets them down). But I do like peppermint and the lemon and ginger one

I wish I liked green tea but I dont though I tried a green with grapefruit and found it okayish

Sorry to butt in on the thread, but can I ask what flavour green teas you reccommend? I keep hearing about the benefits of green tea but when I had straight green tea I wasn't keen so thought maybe flavoured green tea might be the way to go?

Thanks x
My favourite is ginger, but I really like lemon and ginger, lemon, and the blueberry and cranberry one.

I'm always disappointed with fruit teas (think they smell lovely then the taste lets them down). But I do like peppermint and the lemon and ginger one

I wish I liked green tea but I dont though I tried a green with grapefruit and found it okayish

tetley's Green tea with mint is nice. ... not that different from just mint x

Back