Fruit tweaks

firfenwen

I know that SW say only fresh or frozen fruit is ok, but I really dislike it! If I'm not eating any other fruit could I 'get away' with having a small amount of tinned pineapple or apricot or mashed banana without synning or HEb? This is the only fruit I will enjoy and wouldn't be in excess.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Not really. Though not eating fruit generally should be ok as long as you eat enough veg instead.

Its not the same unfortunately, something to do with the fruit being heated to go in the tin (im sure someone here can explain it lol) It would be ok if you synned it (no idea on the syns) sometimes its worth having healthy syns than having syns for chocolate etc i think! As Ally89 said, you should be ok with no fruit as long as you're eating enough veggies/salad xx

Nope tinned fruit is syned or can be used as an healthy option b if you do extra easy.

Surely a mashed banana is the same as an unmashed banana and would be a superfree food :confused:

Surely a mashed banana is the same as an unmashed banana and would be a superfree food :confused:

Not really. Research shows that the process of chewing the foods releases feel fuller chemicals in the body and SW is all about how long foods fill you up for relative to their calorie content. if you bypass the chewing bit and just drink the pureed fruit then it is less filling and you either eat more to compensate or you eat again soon. Either way you take in more calories so to protect our losses SW advise synning the fruit xx

If I have banana on toast I just force it flat with the fork lol. Am hoping thats not classed as mashing

Some tinned fruit is a healthy extra, others are synned. Mashed bananas are synned, a whole banana is free.

Back