Fruit v Veg

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Katerpillar, 7 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Losin the baby weight :-)

Start Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Does anyone know if it's best to snack on fruit or veg? I know they are both free foods but know fruit are quite high in sugar.

I know most people wouldn't snack on veg but I love raw broccoli stems, pea pods , carrots etc

Sorry if this is a stupid question!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nin

nin Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    If I had to choose it would be veg cos of the sugar in fruit. Saying that you should have a bit of fruit too.I snack on carrots and apples x

4. lucysmommy

lucysmommy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slim and save
    i tend to snack on oranges, apple, blackberries and carrots
    x

5. Jennyonaplate

Jennyonaplate Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    If you read the plan, it's quite clearly stated that both Fruit and Veg are superfree foods, which can therefore be eaten whenever you want. There is no limitation on superfree food, otherwise it wouldn't be superfree or free - The plan really is that simple.

Yes fruit does have sugar, but it's absolutely not the same as the sugar you find in sweets and mars bars, as it's naturally forming and easily broken down by the body.

This diet would not have lasted 40 years based on fruit and veg being unlimited if it were not possible to lose weight whilst snacking on fruit.

6. Katerpillar

Katerpillar Losin the baby weight :-)

Start Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thank you for your replies!

I believe at one time excess fruit was actually synned on SW...... but you're quite right in that they are superfree now! I guess what I was asking was if anyone had any better losses snacking on one than the other.

7. who_la_hoop

who_la_hoop Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.5lb(36.62%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd say, snack on whatever superfree food stops you from reaching for the chocolate ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.