fruit,vegetables and salad.

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by misheemoo, 22 July 2008 Social URL.

1. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

please excuse m if this is a dumb question but im new to all this and trying to do ww at home (no classes) buying ready made ww or tesco light choice meals, do i have to point vegetables,salad and fruit, or are they a free food?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. fattytothinny2007

fattytothinny2007 Full Member

point everything is the best way, then u know for sure what you are at, and nothing sneaky gets added, a tin of carrots for example i have are 0.5 points, have them twice a day and theres a point u wouldnt have thought about, so worth sticking to the letter really

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Most veggies are free, but some you need to point. Fruit has to be counted

If youre going it alone Id definitely recommend getting the Shopping Guide, it lists just about everything you can think of. If you have that a calculator and an Eating Out Guide, its a breeze. Without them you might struggle a bit

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If you have fresh carrots though, theyre free and theres a point you can spend on something else ;)

6. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

i have had a plum and an apple and wasnt sure, i will now use the points calculator on this site, many thanks for your help starlight and fattothinny x

7. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

is that the same with salad,to point every thing too ?

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    The points calculator here isnt the most accurate, its ok in an emergency lol but I really wouldnt rely on it for everything.

You REALLY do need a proper one, its a godsend at the supermarket lol

The Eating Out guide on here is pretty accurate so you could miss that but if you dont have any basic books as I said Id really get the Shopping Guide. Other wise a lot of your pointing is going to be guess work which can be disasterous

9. misheemoo

misheemoo Full Member

im just a bit aprehensive about classes as went many years ago and all the lady did was take my money and weigh me,she didnt tell me anything about the diet at all, i came away thinking what a waste of money i can weigh myself at home and save money and time, i think i will look on ebay, thanks for your help starlight

10. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I kinda feel that way about classes too. I havent gone to one at all this time I think so long as you have the motivation youll manage, if you have the right tools

Weight Watchers sell the stuff online too, that might work out cheaper if youre buying a few things

11. saraian24

saraian24 Gold Member

Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Im going to get the shopping and eating out guide. I dont eat out very often though lol

12. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I have to confess I use it most for BK and McDs when Im taking Emma out lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.