Fruit?

katalena

Enjoying life!
I am a little confused about fruit at the moment.

I am in week 3 RTM.

In the book it says about "introducing fruit which you can eat anytime" and it says you can "have it whenever you like"

does that mean 1 portion once a day whenever you want or you can have it whenever you fancy it i.e. breakfast, after lunch etc...?

The reason for the confusion is it then talks about 5 portions of fruit/veg a day. Which I know is the recommendation but surely not working towards that now?

Please will someone make this clearer for me.

Thank you

Kat xx

Kat Hun

This is always the hard part, learning to judge, how much of what and when. For me personally I had very little fruit to begin with, and kept it to one meal a day, but that was a personal choice. Now that I am more confident with it, I tend to have some with breakfast and some at the end of the day.On a very long day I might have another piece as a snack. So I guess what I am trying to say is, eat what you feel comfortable with and when you feel comfortable eating it. I still restrict myself quite a lot compared to my sister and other people in my RTM group who seem to eat a lot more fruit in the day. But then I am controlling type ;P

Jez
xx

i control my fruit intake, but i love my banana/apple smoothie cant get enough of it especially after a hard workout :)

BUT... be careful. Fruit is one of my triggers and it can be very naughty. There can be a lot of sugars and starches so be wary and enjoy each piece for what it is.

I guess we have all been brought up on how good fruit is for us, which it is, but like all things in this journey moderation is the key.

Back