Frustrated by slower losses

lawyergirl

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and need some help.

I'm a bit of a slow learner and am on my third attempt of Cambridge. My weight losses are slower this time around so can someone tell me if they had the same issue?

First time I did SS and lost just over three stone in three months. Second time I did 810 and lost about two and a half stopped in about ten weeks. This time, I've only lost a stone in the last five weeks. I wondered if my metabolism could be slowing down? I have been the same start weight every time and I have not gone off plan at all and drink lots of water. TOTM is next week but I didn't see a slower loss before that the other two times. It is also not water retention as my measurements haven't changed as much either.

I'm not constipated either. I have just realised the only difference this time is that I have had two psyllium husk tablets every morning. They have almost zero calories and don't normally cause my losses to slow, or any water retention.

Now I am thinking about going down to SS+ until I hit a BMI of 25 to see if the weight comes off faster. My consultant is on holidays so I can't ask her for help.

If you have had the same experience, please tell me. Thank you.

Last edited:
To be honest I've not noticed that - and I'm on (cough cough) time around ;) I've found that my losses are pretty much consistent each time.

Dunno if this counts, but I've had about 5 re starts in the last 8 months because of holidays/events but don't find my loses any different

Hope things pick up for you x

Mine has in the first week of each restart.
First time I lost 11lbs
Second 11lbs
Third 9lbs and
Fourth 6lbs.
I know its alot of restarts :eek: but between the 1st and 4th attempt I am 3 stone lighter, so guess the losses will be less.

Thank you both. I've just finished the end of my seventh week. I think I'll try and find a consultant on here to see if they can give me any help.

I found one but I can't send a message. I think it is because I am new to the board. If any consultants read this, please let me know your thoughts. I'm averaging 1.7 lbs per week.

Hi Lawyergirl

I have read through your posts.

It is extremely difficult for Consultants to advise individuals without sight of their Medical Record Form and previous weightloss history.

The best advice would be to contact your Consultant and discuss your concerns thoroughly with her/him, if she is unable to help immediately she can then contact the relevant department at our Head Office for assistance.

The Consultants on this forum are here to answer more general queries and matters of concern when clients are unable in the first instance to contact their individual Consultant.

To start giving more in depth advice would not be appropriate as that is the purpose of your Consultant as she knows your individual circumstances and history.

Give her/him a call and perhaps book a slot to talk through your concerns so the best way forward can be found for you.

I am sure a solution will be found for you:)

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I was not expecting anyone to diagnose my own individual case. I was just curious to know if people had had slower weight losses on restarts.

Hello im a restart again today and yes im sure i will have small losses but HAY!! i know by the end of MARCH i will be at goal so i can live with the slow losses.!!

Keep at it .xx

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I was not expecting anyone to diagnose my own individual case. I was just curious to know if people had had slower weight losses on restarts.

It can vary from person to person and from each time you start. Some people are on medication some are not. Some lose quickly some slower than others so its really a hard question to answer without knowing the client thats why its best to discuss with the Consultant you see each week.

Lawyergirl, I'm on 2nd time round and I've also noticed smaller losses. To be honest it's been really disheartening, 1st time round my losses were as follows
Wk1: 10lb
Wk2: 7lb
Wk3: 3lb
Wk4: 9lb

This time round however:
Wk1: 6lb
Wk2: 1lb!!
Wk2: 2lb. As for week 4, I went off the rails completely this weekend as a result of these shockingly small losses. I've started to feel like I could have these losses on another diet where I'm not starving myself. BUT I'm sticking with CD because apart from this weekends blow out, I'm much less likely to slip up on CD than I am on other diets, and I know it works, even if it is being frustratingly slow.

My CDC has said it could be that I'm retaining water, but I don't now. I'm giving it a fair chance, this week I don't expect a loss, but next week....we'll see. I hope your losses pick up!!!

Thanks surfhunny. I hope your losses pick up too.

I called another consultant today and she told me my weight losses shouldn't be slower because my metabolism would have been back at a normal level by the time I restarted. It was not the news that I wanted but at least I know the answer, well generally speaking anyhow. (Bad news for us surfhunny!) I have decided to go back onto SS+ and see if my losses speed up. I read someone last night saying it should be only be about 1/2lb per week less on 810 but that's 2 lbs in a month and I'd like that weight loss now!

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and need some help.

I'm a bit of a slow learner and am on my third attempt of Cambridge. My weight losses are slower this time around so can someone tell me if they had the same issue?

First time I did SS and lost just over three stone in three months. Second time I did 810 and lost about two and a half stopped in about ten weeks. This time, I've only lost a stone in the last five weeks. I wondered if my metabolism could be slowing down? I have been the same start weight every time and I have not gone off plan at all and drink lots of water. TOTM is next week but I didn't see a slower loss before that the other two times. It is also not water retention as my measurements haven't changed as much either.

I'm not constipated either. I have just realised the only difference this time is that I have had two psyllium husk tablets every morning. They have almost zero calories and don't normally cause my losses to slow, or any water retention.

Now I am thinking about going down to SS+ until I hit a BMI of 25 to see if the weight comes off faster. My consultant is on holidays so I can't ask her for help.

If you have had the same experience, please tell me. Thank you.

Okay, let's have a think. I'll say up front that I'm not a CDC, but I have long experience of doing Cambridge (LOL - you think you're a slow learner? :D) and usually, a reason can be found for things being different.

But are they all that different? :confused: I'm not sure you're comparing like with like.

First time I did SS and lost just over three stone in three months. Second time I did 810 and lost about two and a half stopped in about ten weeks. This time, I've only lost a stone in the last five weeks.

But how much will you have lost in three months? Ten weeks isn't as much as three months, so that'd be why you lost two and a half stone on that second go.

About the only way you could make the comparison you seem to be trying to make is by looking at what you lost in the first five weeks of doing 810 on the previous two occasions.

How does that compare?

(forgive me if this is coming out all wrong - I'm genuinely trying to see if there's anything I can suggest that might help :))

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to reply Lily. I meant to say just over three stone in three months. I normally lose on average 1 stone per month. I have just realised in the last month, I've only lost 5.5lbs. Frustrating!

Hmm you're right not good news for us. Still I'm going to persevere, I can't help thinking that it worked in the past it will again. I have no choice but to keep going, it's the only way I'm not going to lose the plot completely. I'll have to take the small losses if that's the way it's going to be, as disheartening as they are, at least it's a loss not a gain.

Hope you had a better week surfhunny.

I lost four lbs this week. I am back on SS+ again. I will just be having the shakes and milk. I don't know if moving to SS+ restarted the weight loss or if it was water retention. I'm relieved the scales are moving down again.

My consultant is back now. I asked her why the tofu allowance is the same on 810 and SS+ but she did not know. Does anyone?

That's fab news, as predicted my little melt down at the weekend cost me and I put 3lbs back on, but I'm back on track now. My CDC suggested that I move onto SS+ and I've been doing it since last Friday so hopefully that might make an improvement to my losses.

I don't know about the tofu either, very strange. I'll let you know how I get on at weigh in on Wednesday, fingers crossed. xxx

Another 4lbs off this week. That's two weeks of better losses. My average weekly loss is still below 1 stone a month but it's getting better.

And I lost the 3lbs I put on last week so things are looking up. Looking forward to next Wednesdays weigh in. We just need to stick with it xxx

Back