Frustrated

babybuffy84

Gold Member
Sorry just wanted to rant !!!! Have been doing sw since jan have lost 30 lbs so far :)!!!!! Which I'm very pleased with my only frustration is that I have only dropped 1 dress size I was a 16to start with and have just got into a 14 I wishi could see it more in my clothes I'm the lightest I have beennow for6 years and6 years ago when I was this weight I was a size 10/12 I just don't get why it's different now!!!

Ok rant over lol thanks!!!!:)

Hi there,

I also started (well re started) in Jan and have lost 23.5lbs and have only dropped one dress size. I reckon its coz i was squeezing myself in size 20 trousers and size 18 tops and now size 20 trousers are too big but 18's are too small and i fit perfectly into a size 18 tops yet 16's dont go near. I also think it has to do with the lack of toning exercises. I am actually considering joining a circuit training class or going back swimming as I think that is what I need to do inorder to lose the inches in order to fit in the lower size.

I have no idea if this helps you but I shall be taking my advice tomorrow by going out for a gentle jog to kick start my exercise regime!

I can understand your frustration! But be positive you have dine well and I would kill to be your size!!! Well done!!

Go for it on the exercise - I have dropped 30lbs and was a 18-20 (snug) but am now a 12-14. I am wearing clothes from when I was over a stone lighter than I am now though, I last wore some of them 8 yrs ago and kept them as inspiration.

I put this down to body pump (up to 4 times a week) - muscle weighs twice the amount per square inch than fat - so if you build muscle and remain the same weight you will look smaller :)

Still want to loose the last stone though and get to a 8-10 :D

I went from a size 16 to a 14 and I had lost 51lbs........I have large thighs and altho I lost weight I still had to have a 14.

I got into a couple of size 12 dresses but in shops where they are more generous, ie Asda, Dot Perks etc. Weight comes off different parts of the body in my case, and my bottom half still stayed larger !

Don't think about that, think about the 30lb !!!!!!! Well done !

Also I know I will never see size 10 again after 2 children !

I can understand your frustration! But be positive you have dine well and I would kill to be your size!!! Well done!!

Well done - sorry, WELL DONE - on your weightloss so far, what a brilliant achievement!!!

The clothes size thing is really annoying, and frustrating, but please don't be disheartened. Remember - it's not you, it's them!

Keep on losing, and just feel comfortable in whatever clothes you choose, that'll give you the confidence and pleasure you deserve.

:) x

Ditto.... you've done amazingly hun and it will happen.... prob when you least expect it.... one day your trousers will just fall down!! And I mean that in a really nice way :) :) xx :)

Back