Frustrated!!

UniGirl

I've been following the plan 100% for just under 2 weeks now, doing just original and green days.
But I've only lost 1 lb!

Is this normal?
It just doesn't seem enough as I've been sooo good compared to pre-plan when I'd have takeaways, brownies and loads of fat food in general!

Thanks

I've been sticking to 5-10 syns a day and having my HEXs.

Today I've had:

Breakfast:
- Banana
- Mullerlight
- Coffee and sweetener

Lunch:
- Ryvita (HE B)
- Cottage cheese
- Salad

Dinner:
- Quorn mince chilli
- Pasta
- Cheese (HE A)

Snacks:
- 3 more coffees
- 2 jaffa cakes

I would suggest you increase fruits and vegies in your diet especially for a green day. I just do green and most of what i eat is superfree foods.The food list doesnt look a lot tbh and you may be under a decent calori amount. Also can have two hexas and hexb;s on orignal and green.

I do normally have more fruit and veg, but I'm at home for the weekend and literally my parents have nothing!
I'll keep that in mind, I really want to be losing 1-2lbs a week!

right ok when you do a green day perhaps concentrate on everything being veggie based and have pasta, rice or potato as a side. Perhaps make up a big batch of superspeed soup which you can just pull out the freezer. At my mothers for the weekend this week and i know its going to be an pain in the bottom. Will mostly be eating my hexs and jacket potatos and beans lol

It definately doesnt look like you are eating enough to me, which could be why your losses are slow. I would say you are well under what your daily intake should be.

Also you are only having 1 HEa and 1 HEb, when you can have 2 of each.

Your dinner doesnt look too bad, but your breakfast and lunch is not very much at all and like a previous poster said it is beneficial to get as much superfree food in as possible.

Doesn't look like your eating enough hun! I used to be like this for a short while after I started - then really upped my free foods .. Made slimming world chips as a snack! Etc! Ate so much was sure I'd gained - but lost five! When I'm sticking to sw 100% I am eating more food than off the plan.

You should never be hungry on slimming world.

Good luck xx

keep to red days, maybe too many carbs x

Don't be disheartened, try and eat mores superfree foods and make sure you use for Hex's. Do a food diary so you can look back and see if there is a problem.

Are you sure you're measuring everything? It's easy to have too much if you guess. e.g. check your milk, cheese etc.

Blimey - that would keep me going until about lunchtime!!

I think you are not eating enough. I know we dont count calories, but at a guess you are probably only having around 700 a day which is nowhere near enough.

It seems counterintuative to eat more, because when you don't lose you always think you need to eat less, but try and incorporate lots more free foods and you will find the weight will shift. At the moment I think your body just thinks its being starved so it's just hanging on to everything.

I know we don't count calories here, but if you're not in the 1400-1600 range ( for a woman ), then you're not eating enough and your body is in "starvation mode"..
you also haven't provided details of when your * week is and nasty as it is to discuss, your "regularity"..

Okay, I think maybe I'm not eating enough, especially superfree like everyones said.
I'll start a food diary once I go back to uni to see where I need to improve.

Regarding the whole "your not eating enough" which is what I've been told in the past when I've complained about a poor loss, but if it were true VLCD wouldn't work surely? For example my friend has been doing Cambridge diet and it's like 600 cals a day and she had awesome losses! It's so confusing I don't understand dieting!

VLCD's are structured so that they enter ketosis, a state where the body is forced to burn fat due to lack of carbs..
you need the right ballance of vitamins and minerals and fats etc for it to be done right though.
SW is much more sustainable as it's all about healthy eating and not deprivation..
when they come off the VLCD diets they can put lots back on fast because the body isn't used to the carbs and starts rebuilding the reserves quickly for "next time the food is scarce"..

ColJack said:
VLCD's are structured so that they enter ketosis, a state where the body is forced to burn fat due to lack of carbs..
you need the right ballance of vitamins and minerals and fats etc for it to be done right though.
SW is much more sustainable as it's all about healthy eating and not deprivation..
when they come off the VLCD diets they can put lots back on fast because the body isn't used to the carbs and starts rebuilding the reserves quickly for "next time the food is scarce"..

They can do if you don't complete the full programme but if you complete all the stages, then there is no reason people who have done VCLD's cannot keep the weight off.

Are you drinking lots of water??

Back