Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Fry Light / pasta bake

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by charsie, 8 February 2010 Social URL.

1. charsie

charsie Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I just got in from work and when i'm on the late shifts I used to always have a pack of crisps when I got in - I had the craving for crisps tonight (first time since joining SW) and I was trying to ignore my craving so was browsing MiniMins when someone mentioned microwave syn free crisps.

Very thinly sliced potato, spread on a plate, covered in Fry Light and sat - then popped in the microwave until brown.

I must say they were lovely! and really fixed my craving for crisps. My only worry is, when making them (and my SW chips) I have to spray quite a bit of Fry Light over them in order for them to brown properly.

I'm worried i'm using too much fry light, if I use a certain amount, will it become a syn?

TY.

Also, while i'm here... I used to love Dolmio creamy cheese and tomato pasta bake - though I just checked and it has 21 or somthing syns in. I have avoided pasta bakes since joining SW as I don't like it on its own, I like it creamy :D......... How can I make a pasta bake? is there any low syn sauces?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can make a cheese sauce with melting your HEA allowance of laughing cow cheeses and seasoning it. xx

4. Mel2

Mel2 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st11lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(11.91%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I make creamy sauces for pasta with quark. You could make a tomato sauce from passata, garlic, herbs and onions then stir through some quark at the end.

5. Sussex Beth

Sussex Beth Full Member

This may seem like a silly question, but how do you melt your laughing cow triangles?

6. stephie0611

stephie0611 needs to focus!!!!

Start Weight:
    13st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    you can either put them in the microwave or put them on a low heat in a pot. xx

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    My sister's famous pasta bake consists of lots of different types of vegetables (onions, squash, peppers, aubergines, baby carrots, tomatoes, etc., etc.) roasted, then mixed with cooked pasta, quark and seasoning. Grated cheese (HEXA) on top, then baked until golden and crusty on top. Occasionally she adds some Boursin Light (2 syns for 28g) with the quark.

8. funcurls

funcurls Never gets tired of SW!

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mmmm that sounds creamy and yummy!!X

9. valzar

valzar Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    wow tats sounds lovely!!:)

10. solsticediva

solsticediva Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    mmm lovely but does anyone know answer to your question re fry light?

11. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

its syn free i use loads when making chips and frying stuff and it aint made a dif to my wait lose some people will say u are only supposed to use 10 sprays :)

12. devotchka

devotchka Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    15st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh wow! Just tried your version of crisps! I seasoned with salt, pepper and vinegar. Super yummy! Thank you :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.