Fry up

mick360

What's the secret in trying to do a fry up with Frylite Bacon (all fat removed) 2 eggs mushrooms in frying pan do I partly cook on the hob and finish off under the grill?
Advice please

What's the secret in trying to do a fry up with Frylite Bacon (all fat removed) 2 eggs mushrooms in frying pan do I partly cook on the hob and finish off under the grill?
Advice please

I remove all fat off bacon and spray a little Frylight...Mushrooms I put in a jug with boiling water then microwave them for a few mins (whilst the bacon is cooking) then drain water off and put them in the pan...and I've learnt the art of dry frying eggs...However, it's only 1 sin if you use a little oil to cook them in. Baked beans cooked in usual manner

If I have the full monty and have sausages as well then I'll cook them in the oven.

Mushrooms I put in a jug with boiling water then microwave them for a few mins (whilst the bacon is cooking) then drain water off and put them in the pan...

I've never considered this as a way of cooking my mushrooms!!! Do they taste a tad "watery" like this? (one reason I don't like tinned or frozen mushrooms)

Other than that, I do mine exactly the same :)

I grill the bacon, fry my eggs in frylight, same with mushrooms but I find they take just a little bit longer to be done how I like them without using olive oil. I usually have half syn sausages too and do them under the grill.

I learned a trick when dry frying eggs. You definitely need to invest in a good pan and preferably one with a lid.

Crack the egg in let it cook untill you see the white, turn up the heat, put a tbsp of water into the pan and close the lid tightly. The water evaporates causing steam which cooks the top of the egg and the water stops it sticking to the pan!

Perfectly 'fried' whites and runny yolks!

Tracybubbles said:
I learned a trick when dry frying eggs. You definitely need to invest in a good pan and preferably one with a lid.

Crack the egg in let it cook untill you see the white, turn up the heat, put a tbsp of water into the pan and close the lid tightly. The water evaporates causing steam which cooks the top of the egg and the water stops it sticking to the pan!

Perfectly 'fried' whites and runny yolks!

The lid trick also works when you use a little spray of frylight too. That's how I do mine. Saves trying to messily turn the egg over to cook the other side if its taking bit too long!

I poach my eggs.... ;)

I poach my eggs.... ;)

Nightmare! I love poaches eggs but too much hassle, and I probably get them exactly right about once in every ten attempts haha! :rolleyes:

Make sure they're not stone cold, so take them out of the fridge about 10 mins before you need them. The fresher your eggs are the better.

Put some vinegar in the water (not too much or you get vinegary eggs!) and swirl the water with a spoon. It keeps the white together. Then I only cook them for a couple of minutes cos I love runny yolks!

Et voila - perfect poached eggs!

I bought some silicone egg poaching cups, as i could never poach an egg to my own satisfaction. They just sit on the water and you crack the egg into them. I love them.

Fillymum gave us a tip for poaching eggs on here a while ago. Put cling film in a cup, spray with frylight, break an egg into the cup & then twist the top to close, the pop in boiling water.

You can also cook mushrooms in a little milk and if you are having i them with a main meal add some garlic to the milk x

Fillymum gave us a tip for poaching eggs on here a while ago. Put cling film in a cup, spray with frylight, break an egg into the cup & then twist the top to close, the pop in boiling water.

This is the only way that I could ever get it right. Even with swirling the water, the white would just go everywhere. This was the only way I could actually ever get it right, but I still find that is a bit hit and miss as sometimes they're done ok, and other times they're not done enough when I seem to have left them in for the same length of time!

I bought some silicone egg poaching cups, as i could never poach an egg to my own satisfaction. They just sit on the water and you crack the egg into them. I love them.

Me too, they are fantastic! I love my eggs done this way :D

I put the bacon, sausages, mushrooms & halved tomato's under the grill until cooked & dry fry my eggs in my fab nonstick fry pan.....remove the grilled fat off the bacon & give to DH or cat, depends who's doing the best 'begging' face...sausages are the BGTY Sainsbury's one's 0.5 Syn per sausage....all perfectably delish!

I am very new to using frylight (used for first time yesterday). Normally I grill my mushrooms but the way I did it today, sprayed with frylight and put in a cold non-stick frying pan and fried on very low heat. Removed all fat from Bacon and cooked on the otherside of the pan - I have smoked bacon so when cooked form a crust in the frying pan which I remove with a tissue. Cracked an egg and put the lid on. The liquid from mushrooms helped forming steam and cooked top of egg, then I added some baked beans. When heated through dished up. I will put the picture on my food diary tonight.
I like poached egg but don't like it cooked in water as it taste horrible so I put a piece of cling film in a ramekin, crack the egg and put ramekin in hotwater (a little bit of water so pan is not dry). Put the top on and cook. It tastes lovely and not suggy.

floweryrosie said:
I am very new to using frylight (used for first time yesterday). Normally I grill my mushrooms but the way I did it today, sprayed with frylight and put in a cold non-stick frying pan and fried on very low heat. Removed all fat from Bacon and cooked on the otherside of the pan - I have smoked bacon so when cooked form a crust in the frying pan which I remove with a tissue. Cracked an egg and put the lid on. The liquid from mushrooms helped forming steam and cooked top of egg, then I added some baked beans. When heated through dished up. I will put the picture on my food diary tonight.
I like poached egg but don't like it cooked in water as it taste horrible so I put a piece of cling film in a ramekin, crack the egg and put ramekin in hotwater (a little bit of water so pan is not dry). Put the top on and cook. It tastes lovely and not suggy.

Ooo your poached egg idea sounds good. How long do you leave it for?

Back