Fulltum to Flattum!

Fulltum

Silver Member
Hi all

Today is Day1 of the new me :D

I did cambridge 4 years ago and lost 7.5 stones in just over 6 months and felt fab but having twins and a couple of bouts of depression have led me back to nearly the start again :(

I am ready and raring to go and cant wait to get back to where I was!

Just off to start chugging down some water :)

Well day 1 passed with no problems :cool:
I was at work last night (am a waitress) and I found being around all that food actually made me more focussed :D
Roll on day 2 ;)

Day 2 passed with no problems :)
Onto day 3 and have woken up very hungry but I know this can be the worst day so gonna keep busy and plough on :)

Well day 3 is going well :D
Have had 2 shakes so far and although I am a little hungry its nothing I cant handle!
I even made gingerbread with the kids and wasnt tempted at all ;)

I know that my danger zone though is getting my head sorted with how I need to eat after cambridge and then thinking I can come off it early but I know that I need to see this through till the end and then work on my bingeing problems (gonna do some reading up while on ss)

Just gonna make dinner for everyone :D

Well its day 4 and I think I may be in ketosis as I am not feeling hungry and I have death breath lol
Am starting to look forward to monday night now and my first weigh in :)

Hi fulltum, sounds like you've got back into ss really well and your finding it okay! I hope you do as well this time as you did last time... Sounds amazing!

Yeah Im getting back into it quite easily but Im not counting my chickens as I know how mental this diet can be lol

Looks like you are doing fab too x

Well just got in from my shift at work and day 4 is done and dusted with no problems, Felt a bit shaky at one point but it soon passed and I know its temporary :)
On to day 5......

well done, another day over, you'll be weighing in soon, and from the sounds of it, your due a fab weight loss this week! =0)

when is your weigh in day?

Im weighing in on monday night :D Looking foorward to seeing the results, Im hoping for at least 7lbs :D
How are you doing?

Great, I'm a Monday weigh in too so we can support each other if you want! I'm good, got my daughters 4th birthday part today with 30 of her school friends.... We have loads of goodies for them so i will have to try and stay away from the food and keep strong! Might be a long day today!

You got anything nice planned for today?

Wow 30 kids! You must be mad lol I struggle with my 3 lol, Hope she has a fab time :)

Just been to Ikea (and resisted all the goodies lol) and just gonna chill out for today and then Im working tomorrow, Looking forward to monday though so the eldest is back at at school and I can get the house back to normal :D

Hi Fulltum - you have been doing really well - seem to have breezed through your first week and getting into ketosis - fabulous! I expect you will have a wonderful 1st week loss when you do your weigh-in tomorrow.

I agree with you that working the steps/learning about eating healthy and maintaining are key if we're going to avoid gaining the weight back. To be honest when I started I wasn't sure I could lose all the weight, and since I've set a new goal which I'm struggling toward now. But the part I'm most worried about is maintaining!!!

Good luck for tomorrow!!

Just had my last shake for the day and Im feeling a bit crappy :( Think its because I have had a very long and physically busy shift at work and as my body is still adjusting it has struggled with it! Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow though so that should keep me going :)

I have been reading the book beyond chocolate and am about half way through now and its definately how I want to eat long term, I am definately gonna stick to cambridge for 6 weeks and then see how I feel and may try and do mindful eating over christmas to see how I get on and then come back to cambridge if Im struggling with it. But 6 weeks is a long time so may change my mind before then lol

*Tizzy* Yep maintenance is definately the hard part (but dieting is still hard in itself!) and I remember how much I struggled last time which is why I want to escape from dieting in the long term and follow mindful eating but I also want the weight off asap before I start lol

*Susan* Thank you, wasnt to hard resisting as I was in the zone and we didnt go into the cafe , My husband had a cinnamon whirl at the end but I packed all the stuff into the car while he ate it so didnt really notice him eating it lol, How are you doing?

Dieting is hard! Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't...it's so hard I absolutely don't want to do this again. Did CD with a couple of mini-vacations for 22 weeks and lost 49lbs - then went on a 3.5 week vacation and starting up again at the beginning of Sept was a struggle! My original goal weight was a good one, but I'm a bit older and getting the belly/torso fat to shift is hard, so I set a new goal. And took up Pilates to help tone my core muscles.

What is the premise in the book Beyond Chocolate - is there life with no chocolate?! That would be hard!

Fulltum said:
Just had my last shake for the day and Im feeling a bit crappy :( Think its because I have had a very long and physically busy shift at work and as my body is still adjusting it has struggled with it! Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow though so that should keep me going :)

I have been reading the book beyond chocolate and am about half way through now and its definately how I want to eat long term, I am definately gonna stick to cambridge for 6 weeks and then see how I feel and may try and do mindful eating over christmas to see how I get on and then come back to cambridge if Im struggling with it. But 6 weeks is a long time so may change my mind before then lol

*Tizzy* Yep maintenance is definately the hard part (but dieting is still hard in itself!) and I remember how much I struggled last time which is why I want to escape from dieting in the long term and follow mindful eating but I also want the weight off asap before I start lol

*Susan* Thank you, wasnt to hard resisting as I was in the zone and we didnt go into the cafe , My husband had a cinnamon whirl at the end but I packed all the stuff into the car while he ate it so didnt really notice him eating it lol, How are you doing?

Reckon your weigh in tomorrow will be great and that will really help spur you on... I never thought I'd last a well on thus diet but I've nearly finished week 8... Its unbearably hard at times, but it does get easier!

I also can't wait to weigh in tomorrow! Fingers crossed for a good one for both of us! :)

Xx

tizzy51 said:
Dieting is hard! Didn't mean to imply that it wasn't...it's so hard I absolutely don't want to do this again. Did CD with a couple of mini-vacations for 22 weeks and lost 49lbs - then went on a 3.5 week vacation and starting up again at the beginning of Sept was a struggle! My original goal weight was a good one, but I'm a bit older and getting the belly/torso fat to shift is hard, so I set a new goal. And took up Pilates to help tone my core muscles.

What is the premise in the book Beyond Chocolate - is there life with no chocolate?! That would be hard!

Wow tizzy, you did so well... And well done for coming back to it... Wad it very hard?

I started 10th September and plan to ss till I go on holiday on 20 Dec... I then have a 2 week all inclusive holiday but hope to pick it back up in January when I get home... Do you think it will be hard?

How much more do you have to lose and how much did you gain on your holiday?

Xxxx

Tizzy- Beyond chocolate is the exact opposite of life without chocolate as it actively encourages you to indulge your cravings for it! Its about eating when hungry, eating slowly, enjoying every mouthful and stopping when full not just because the plate is empty. Its very similar to Paul McKenna but written more for women :) I tried Paul McKenna last year and it was great for maintaining my weight but I didnt lose much which is why I want to lose the weight before doing it long term, its amazing how much smaller your portions are when you sit and enjoy it instead of wolfing it down.
You have done amazingly well and I take my hat off to you for coming back to it as each restart can be hard unless your head is in the right place x

Susan- What time do you weigh? Hope its a good one for you :) I dont weigh until 7pm and am going out pretty much straight after so may not update till the morning, I would love to go on holiday over Christmas but I only get Christmas day off and we are not allowed annual leave at Christmas :( Where are you going? Bet you will have to buy a brand new wardrobe with all this weightloss!

Wow tizzy, you did so well... And well done for coming back to it... Wad it very hard?

I started 10th September and plan to ss till I go on holiday on 20 Dec... I then have a 2 week all inclusive holiday but hope to pick it back up in January when I get home... Do you think it will be hard?

How much more do you have to lose and how much did you gain on your holiday?

Xxxx

Hi Susan - so many questions! :)
When I started, I wanted to get to 150lbs by the time I went to the US for vacation and to see family/friends. When I got to within 15lbs of that goal, I realized that (a) it wasn't enough and (b) with CD I could actually lose more, so I decided to have a Phase 1 (before US) and Phase 2 (after US). While in the US, I decided to enjoy myself, eat what I liked, but monitor - I bought a really good scale and had it shipped to where I would be staying.

While in the US (a little over 3 weeks), I gained 6.5lbs. I expected a gain - I ate lovely food, had crisps, indulged in alcohol and desserts. But I also worked out 3-4x/week and tried to be quite active. So I didn't think the gain was particularly bad. I've seen others who went on holiday for 2-3 weeks and they put on a stone or more!
When I got back home, I then had a week or so off so that I could catch up with friends over BBQs, etc. Gained another 2-3lbs.

Started Phase 2, with new goal (135lbs) at the beginning of Sept and yes it was hard getting back into it. I had already surprised my family (they were really blown away and very happy), was feeling better and going back to CD with re-awakened tastebuds... not easy. It took 2-3 weeks before I got back into the swing of things. However, this time I don't have a hard & fast deadline (like my US trip), plus I'm travelling more to my client's offices in France, so I find myself doing more ss+ days than not, plus more client lunches and dinners, all of which result in a slower weight loss (as you can see from my stats).

This week I'm not travelling and have nothing on the agenda until the weekend - and then it is something I can easily control - so I'm focused on doing ss/ss+ and working out. I want to lose 3-4lbs by next Monday (weigh-in day).

Almost everyone I know who went off CD for summer or wedding or some other special occassion struggled to get back into the zone. However, they didn't quit and however long it took, they're back now and losing. So yes, it may be difficult when you start again in January - but you can do it. As long as you stay in the game, the scales will inch (or plunge) downward and you will get to goal!

And the support from people on this forum .... it really, really helps!

Back