***FUN FRIDAY DAILY THREAD***

Well in the 3 weeks I've been back doing calorie counting, I've mentioned food once. It's apparently unfair for me to be posting about things here, and this forum is for people doing CD, and as I'm not doing CD, it's therefore not for me. I don't want to be being insensitive, I know how hard CD is. I don't want to be making people struggle. So if I have done that to anyone, then from the bottom of my heart I apologise. But I won't be posting beyond today.

morning girls, hope everyones having a good one

good luck for all those weighing in today
good luck with your exam jennikay
enjoy your days off klev! hope you get some relaxing done, not easy with a family i know
well am still sick, throats still sore and im told my breath has an odd sweet smell to it
well im real tired today, went to meet someone yesterday evening, expecting to be home by 10pm, he was so easy to talk to that i didnt make it home till 8am whoops
oh and since i expected to be home early i didnt take my final 2 packs with me so only had 1 yesterday, really really not good, didnt eat anything as an extra either so think i will have 4 packs today to try and make up the nutritional deficit

Hello all

Firstly, to solve the mystery, I am a bit of a night-owl so last night I was up after midnight as I was watching Lulu Guiness and her gorgeous handbags on QVC. Unfortunately I can't justify paying out that kind of price (from £200 upwards usually- and some are fabric rather than leather) as I am paying in installments for a short uni course next year.

Oh how lovely to live so centrally jennikay, absolutely make the most of it while you can. The most central that I ever lived was within very short walking distance of Barons Court station - this was when I was a student nurse.

My hostess tonight did Lighterlife Lite earlier this year but yes, she is a lovely friend and colleague who often arranges events to bring us all together (nature of the job can be isolated at times).

I usually enjoy watching Children In Need, there was a Pudsey Bear collecting at Canary Wharf yesterday - for some reason, I am disappointed if I don't annually see Pudsey strutting his stuff!

Time for lunch break (? cd soup or porridge) and the Loose Women.

Catch you later x

Hey BB,

I look a page from your book (or is a page from your web) and did a little internet shopping (instead of the floor...I promise that's next). I ordered two cocktail dresses (do they still call them that?). One is green and the other is red. I am hoping they arrive in time for my husband's company Christmas do... I ordered them a size larger than I expect to need based on the reviews and measurements. I can make a dress smaller, but I yet to figure out how to make one bigger. That's probably a good thing. lol

MM

Oh yes, I like the idea of cocktail dresses - I would definitely wear red, and I also love green. Its a good thing that you are not in my locality, I would cheekily be asking to 'borrow' for extended periods, lol!
It must be nice to have posh events to attend, you are doing so well at getting to goal - you will be the belle of the ball!
An ex-boyfriend worked for an American bank in London (he's American) so I went to some great functions with him. Champagne flowing, exclusive hotels, string quartets etc, wonder if the recession has made an impact on these kind of events?!
At a team meeting on Wednesday we arranged our
Chritmas work do, which will be a lunch and drinks in the city about 8 days before Christmas Day (our office base is close to Liverpool Street station). But, you've given me an idea - I can dress in something 'daytime' but with some nice sparkly accessories (?silk scarf, jewellery, great handbag). It might come as a surprise to you all but I have two big wardrobes full of blingy gear!

Summayah, sorry to hear that you still feel poorly x

An ex-boyfriend worked for an American bank in London (he's American) so I went to some great functions with him. Champagne flowing, exclusive hotels, string quartets etc, wonder if the recession has made an impact on these kind of events?!

Well my hubby's work place is based in scotland and the staff base is worldwide they normaly fly everyone and kids in and put us up in the hotel we have a glitzy party with free raffels where you can win PS3's ect booze flowing its fab. But not this year nothing due to cut backs :(. Every year I stress about how I will look in my plus size dress against all teh skinny minis he works with, this year I was looking forward to dressing up and feeling fab and confident. But never mind better to have no party and my hubby have a job i suppose.

Thats such a shame kerryberry - the event must have been such a boost and treat for staff and their families. And isn't it typical that the year that you would have dressed up in just the way that you wanted - and its cancelled!
But I agree that its better your hubby has a job. I say that to myself everytime there is any kind of cutback at work x

Well my hubby's work place is based in scotland and the staff base is worldwide they normaly fly everyone and kids in and put us up in the hotel we have a glitzy party with free raffels where you can win PS3's ect booze flowing its fab. But not this year nothing due to cut backs :(. Every year I stress about how I will look in my plus size dress against all teh skinny minis he works with, this year I was looking forward to dressing up and feeling fab and confident. But never mind better to have no party and my hubby have a job i suppose.

Kerry- if you can spare the cash, buy that dress you were thinking of buying, and you and the hubby go out for a meal somewhere nice together? I know it's not the same as looking amazing in front of people who knew you when you were larger, but you'll still feel fabulous!!!

Well I have a christening next weekend in Dublin and I have bought a lovely dress and sexy underwear for that instead and I will be seeing family who last saw me when I was a size 20 so it will be just a good but without the getting hammered and staying up in a hotel till 5am lol

Really BB, I am shocked to discover that you have lots of Bling! lol

I agree with Mince, Kerry. Why not see if another couple wants to go out to a locally advertised New Years' do and celebrate the New Year as the New You!

Because my husband is asscociated with the military there are lots of opportunities to go to formal dress events. When I was heavier I never went, but now it is good fun.

We are keeping it to minimum because it does add up costs-wise. The job related one (semi-formal) and the formal "all hands" one -- are all we have planned. We are passing on RAF Christmas Ball because our good friends are unable to make it, and wouldn't be the same without them.

MM

We have got babysitters for new years just got to find something to do now, hubby is a bit crap at going out but I may sort it out and present him with the tickets lol.

Hi KeeryBerry,

That's what I always do. I make the plan and announce what we're doing. I think he married me, so he wouldn't out what to do. LOL

MM

Well I may ask around our friends and see whats happening.

Good afternoon

Ok, today is a hungry kind of day for me - have had 2 foodpacks so far but need to drink more water, which I am presently terrible at.
I think I need that time honoured CD treat (a lovely bath) and a bit more pampering, then heading out in about an hour or so.
I hope that those watching Children In Need enjoy this special and very touching programme, and a pleasant evening to all x

Great Minds Think Alike

Good afternoon

Ok, today is a hungry kind of day for me - have had 2 foodpacks so far but need to drink more water, which I am presently terrible at.
I think I need that time honoured CD treat (a lovely bath) and a bit more pampering, then heading out in about an hour or so.
I hope that those watching Children In Need enjoy this special and very touching programme, and a pleasant evening to all x

Hey BB,

Having a hungry day, too. Lack of light and, perhaps, all those calories I'm burning doing housework. lol I just finished a nice bubbly bath myself. Not heading out... old married lady: staying home and watching tele. Have fun BB.

MM

Back