Funny little traits or just odd...

Ha ha, I did a thread about this aaaaaages ago and it's good to see people have the same traits!

I do actually change the loo roll round if I'm in someone's house and it's wrong.

It's Forks, Knives then spoons in the drawer

I don't let anyone at work make me tea

I also like bone china mugs, I hate "blokey" mugs - just can't enjoy a drink out of them!!!

....apparently the loo roll thing indicates whether you're introvert or extrovert! Paper coming over the top of the roll you're extrovert. I do it the other way. It annoys me no end that I have to organise my roll of kitchen paper the extrovert way - if not, for some reason it always unwinds itself and ends up trailing the floor. Perhaps it's trying to tell me something?

woodmouse said:
....apparently the loo roll thing indicates whether you're introvert or extrovert! Paper coming over the top of the roll you're extrovert. I do it the other way. It annoys me no end that I have to organise my roll of kitchen paper the extrovert way - if not, for some reason it always unwinds itself and ends up trailing the floor. Perhaps it's trying to tell me something?

What does it mean when you don't bother putting it in the holder - my husband does this and it drives me completely crazy!

What does it mean when you don't bother putting it in the holder - my husband does this and it drives me completely crazy!

They're just lazy bugg*rs!!!

My daughter also starts a new one and leaves that on top of the loo, with the empty one still on the holder :sigh:

big bear said:
I've a few funny traits or things I have to do, they are:

The toilet roll has to be on the holder a certain way, if not I change it around.

I have to have bedroom door closed or I can't sleep.

I only drink tea at home, everywhere else I drink coffee.

Have any of you little traits that you have to do or am I just odd?

Over to you....

Totally with you on the toilet roll! The paper has to hang over not under! My hubby changes it round too just to annoy me! :-D

I agree its knives forks then spoons :) didn't think this was a quirk until I thought about changing the order in my drawer and realised I can't they are in the correct order lol!

When reading a book I have to get to the end of the chapter before I stop even if exhausted.

I so have a habit of checking things to make sure I've done them even though I know I have! I have been known to send multiple job applications to make sure they get it and once I had to do a presentation and had a PowerPoint on a usb stick I had to keep putting it in my laptop about 10 times to make sure it was on the stick lol!

Also I throw out odd socks, I don't know how they become odd but if I can't find the other one quickly I just chuck it. I hate odd socks and would rather buy more socks in beautiful pairs :)

I'm stopping now before I realise how mad I am!

dawney09 said:
Totally with you on the toilet roll! The paper has to hang over not under! My hubby changes it round too just to annoy me! :-D

The kitchen roll has to be the same!

Hubby leaves draws and cupboards slightly open which annoys me so I go round closing them!

My clothes hangers all go the same way and clothes are split into categories too!

Tea, coffee, sugar jars on the shelf are always in that order! Will move if not, "didn't even know I did that till now" lol

Get my son to put his clothes away and then I go and sort them as he just throws them into any draw! And that bugs me, each draw has an allocated item!! Lol

Omg I sound neurotic now :-S

Oh dear. What a lot of OCD people we have on here.

I have to say I'm not very organised in a lot of ways.
Cutlery in the drawer is always in the same order, but that's so I can just stick my hand in and get the right thing out. But on the drainer, or in the dishwasher, or anywhere else, they're just as they come.

And I'm not worried about coat hangers: it's good enough if things are actually hung up, rather than draped around the place.

Don't care what colour pegs are.
And I'll drink a cup of tea out of most things.

I do always put the loo roll on the same way myself, but I don't have to change it if someone else does it the other way.

Soooo - not OCD at all, me.
No?

Erm, well, I count things.
And time things.
And sort things into particular orders.

But very little of that is visible. It's not that I count or re-order physical things.
Yes, my books are in a particular order (by category and then alphabetical) and ditto the CDs. But mostly it's things inside my head.

Whatever I'm doing, I'm counting, or timing, or calculating, or ordering.
It's important that I know that I'm doing things the most efficient way: so if I know that one process takes 30 seconds longer than another, then I'll start that one first.

It's All of the time.
While I'm doing things (lengths swum, stitches knitted, seconds teeth have been brushed) I don't only know at every moment how many I've done, but I'm constantly calculating and re-calculating how far through the process I am.
So if I intend to swim 48 lengths, I'll know that I've done
1/48th.
Then 1/24th.
Then 1/16th.
Then 1/12th.
Then just over 1/10th.
Then 1/8th.
Then just over 1/7th.
Then 1/6th.
Then 3/16ths.
Etc, etc, etc.

I do it all the time.
And put things in alphabetical order in my head.

I'd better stop now, before you all stop speaking to me.

That's not weird? At all? Is it?

Apparently I might be somewhere, very mildly, on the autistic spectrum.

Who knows?

JimofTroy said:
Oh dear. What a lot of OCD people we have on here.

I have to say I'm not very organised in a lot of ways.
Cutlery in the drawer is always in the same order, but that's so I can just stick my hand in and get the right thing out. But on the drainer, or in the dishwasher, or anywhere else, they're just as they come.

And I'm not worried about coat hangers: it's good enough if things are actually hung up, rather than draped around the place.

Don't care what colour pegs are.
And I'll drink a cup of tea out of most things.

I do always put the loo roll on the same way myself, but I don't have to change it if someone else does it the other way.

Soooo - not OCD at all, me.
No?

Erm, well, I count things.
And time things.
And sort things into particular orders.

But very little of that is visible. It's not that I count or re-order physical things.
Yes, my books are in a particular order (by category and then alphabetical) and ditto the CDs. But mostly it's things inside my head.

Whatever I'm doing, I'm counting, or timing, or calculating, or ordering.
It's important that I know that I'm doing things the most efficient way: so if I know that one process takes 30 seconds longer than another, then I'll start that one first.

It's All of the time.
While I'm doing things (lengths swum, stitches knitted, seconds teeth have been brushed) I don't only know at every moment how many I've done, but I'm constantly calculating and re-calculating how far through the process I am.
So if I intend to swim 48 lengths, I'll know that I've done
1/48th.
Then 1/24th.
Then 1/16th.
Then 1/12th.
Then just over 1/10th.
Then 1/8th.
Then just over 1/7th.
Then 1/6th.
Then 3/16ths.
Etc, etc, etc.

I do it all the time.
And put things in alphabetical order in my head.

I'd better stop now, before you all stop speaking to me.

That's not weird? At all? Is it?

I am a bit like this. I count whenever I am chopping stuff up for example, and don't like the number to be odd!

Is that an odd number of cuts? Or an odd number of pieces sliced?
Cos they'll always be different, won't they?

It's not the answer that bothers me, it's the process.
I don't mind if it ends up as an odd or an even number: but I have to know how many it was.

If I'm knitting, and DD talks to me, and I lose count of my stitches (or the proportion of the way I am through the row - recalculated over and over again the same as when swimming lengths....) then I get all out of sorts, and have to stop and count.

Obsessive? Me??

If I could turn it on and off, Jaylou, it would be great.

But it's constant, and has no off button!

If I could turn it on and off, Jaylou, it would be great.

But it's constant, and has no off button!

Gosh Sarah, I think I would rather need a bone china cup lol !!!!

It must wear you out.

The knives and forks thing, I have spoons, forks, knives and then horitontally and below these teaspoons which always have to sat inside each other.

When i start another diet!!! I have to have a new notebook(food diary) must have hundreds in my drawer!!!!

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

I forgot , I only drink coffee from my Nescafé cups. I drink tea rarely,and make my own if I do, I can't drink tea anyone else has made. And just to tell you loo roll peeps,mine is placed on a shelf unit opposite the loo, so make of that what you wish lol. There are always at least 30 loo rolls in the boiler cupboard though. I'm one of those "just in case " people x

Back