Funny little traits or just odd...

Well I didn't think I had, but since reading this thread I think I'm getting obsessive about whether or not I'm obsessive :)eek: !) and have noticed that I ALWAYS put my left sock/shoe/slipper/glove on first.

When I am knitting and counting stitches I try and count a different way each time, so if I have for instance 93 stitches to count, the first time I'll count 30, three times, plus 3, then the next time I might count 20 x 4, plus 13, then the next row 31 x 3 and so on!

just realised my left contact lenses always goes in first.

I have OCD diagnosed and it gets in the way of everything! I have to check everything over and over and over or my house will burn down or flood :-/

On the more "amusing" side of OCD one thing that really annoys me though is plug sockets switched on with nothing plugged in. I'll wander off mid conversation just to turn them off.

Sarah, I can relate to constantly being "switched on" - I am always calculating, working things out - I am obsessed with stats, averages - especially mean averages. I chose my new car based on the built-in/onboard computer, and obsessed with MPG.

I often sleep poorly - constantly calculating and worrying about things I shouldn't. It shouldn't affect my sleep pattern, but I allow it!

Back in the day - a good drink would be a temp cure until next day the calculating would return - alongside a stinking headache! - not good!!

I just accept I have an over-active and logical mind at times. I find it difficult to accept things - gets me into trouble at work at times:(

A rather long-winded way of saying I know quite a few people like you. My DVD, book and record collections were put into the loft - out of sight out of mind. I often wonder if they're stored correctly:eek:

I think I'm going to develop some new habits while reading this thread - it's giving me ideas :p I have no idea which shoe I put on first and I couldn't even figure out what you were talking about when you talked about the loo roll being the 'wrong way' round (but then mine is on a pole so I don't know whether there is a wrong or right way there ?) but I do have my own selection of traits.

My cutlery is spoons, knives, forks (which is probably a bit odd) but I don't like the idea of changing it round to something more logical. I always put the spoons together, knives together etc in the dishwasher (which isn't too bad but I know I'll get worse in the future - my Dad won't let anyone else pack the dishwasher now - my sister had to be 'dishwasher trained' to a satisfactory standard to be allowed to help on christmas day !) and although my house is quite messy, my underwear drawer is always quite organised !!

Anyway, thanks for the tips everyone !

Gail x

When I'm in the supermarket, if I happen to be passing the freezers, I always have to make sure that the doors are shut. The number of people who don't slide the chest freezer lid shut :D !!

My OH refers to it as my 'weirdness' - I refer to it as a cute quirk of character!!! ;)

I have many of these...

My main one is that I don't like my foods to touch ( however as I'm ALWAYS pointing out to mockers - its allowed if it's things that GO together like curry and rice)

Can't sleep with my socks on - drives me insane thinking I'm cutting off circulation to my feet

I can't drink milk if it isn't ice cold

If I'm having sauce, I always have more than one choice on a separate plate

I'm always playing out scenarios and conversations in my head and what would happen if... It gets annoying at bedtime when I replay the day and play out other scenarios and then the next day

And I make lists constantly and I can't avoid buying any notebook - if I see one I buy it - hardly any of them are used :(

And I'll stop now cause I might be insane

I'm always playing out scenarios and conversations in my head and what would happen if...

I am ALWAYS doing this, they can sometimes last for up to an hour, and I can get myself in a right state over it! I've been known to cry about stuff, and its all in my head, but sometimes reality can blend with fiction in my head. It's difficult to explain to people that the reason I have started crying all of a sudden is because I am having a 'what if....' moment which has a bad outcome. Its almost as if I can't be left on my own for extended periods of time without some sort of stimulus, whether it be a person, the TV, a book, a task, anything. If I have nothing but my own thoughts, I am doomed! I've been told I have an over-active imagination :D
And if I know I HAVE to be up at a certain time, I hardly sleep at night in fear I won't get up. Defeats logic.

And for me, its spoons, forks then knives. And as long as the loo roll is actually ON the holder, then I think I am on to a winner.

Tinytootz, ive been known to start crying because of something ive got going on in my head so I know where ur coming from with that one!! :-D

Oh dear, we are all stark raving mad!! Completely bonkers. But at least we are among friends!!!

My cutlery goes into a cutlery drainer when it washed and stays there. My cutlery drawer has gadgets in it, mostly never used. But I am a bit obsessive about my chef's knives, which have to be washed carefully, dried immediately and stored in the proper slots in the knife box. But this is mainly because they were very expensive and I can't afford to replace them, and they are horrendously sharp and I daren't leave them lying around.

My knickers and bras and socks are very tidily arranged in a drawer, but my clothes are on the chair, on the floor, hanging from the back of a door . . .

I do fiddle with loo rolls if people have left them the wrong way round. Dreadful habit. People have been known to get quite cross!

And of course electrical sockets should be switched off when not in use. Everyone knows that the electricity will leak out if they are left on!!

I'm OCD at work, possibly because my SU is too!
Here goes....
Towels are folded in 3's lengthways and then in half widthways and put on the shelf with the folded but at the front.
All clothes on hangers face the door to the room and hangers face the same way.
It's jumpers, sweatshirts, collared polo shirts, short sleeved, long sleeved shirts in that order from left to right.
Bedding is ironed, precisely folded and put away with sheet at the bottom, diver cover then the two pillowcases side by side on top.
The car is parked no more than one inch from the (dropped) kerb.
Socks are flattened then heels and toes lined up and folded in half, then keeping the socks flat in your right hand so that middle finger is under the heel you fold one sock back so that the heel pokes out one end and the toe the other the socks are completely flat.
Pens without lids drive me crackers.

At home I cannot have anything runny with eggs, no beans or spaghetti, but processed peas are fine!
I can't sleep without reading something...anything!

mine:
having to tell someone ive turned my straighteners off or the cooker that includes ringin the BF at work when im home alone :/ or i forever check even though i know their safely unplugged and away!

before i go bed i have to go the toilet, wash my hands, brush my teeth, wash my hands and then go the toilet and wash my hands i can guarantee if i dont do my routine i need to go in the night! and for some reason i have it in my head my hands feel minging after ive brushed my teeth.

i have to be the first person to read a magazine i buy!! it bloody annoys me that does when people ask...who paid for it! and the same for dvds/games/cds!! cannot stand people askin to borrow before ive had chance myself!

and SW the same clothes for WI religiously!

ok im done :) x

I'm really funny about milk. Have to smell it, usually twice (as i often doubt myself) and check the date on it. If its a big bottle of milk I'm always really reluctant to use the last dregs of a bottle and would throw it out rather than use it!

I really really have a pet hate of perfume/deodorant. Anyone who sprays half a ****ing bottle on themselves in my personal space/in the room/while i'm eating will get hell. I suppose its a natural reaction being asthmatic, and once I had perfume sprayed and it went into my cuppa...which I really wanted and there was no milk left to make another >___> (not even any dregs!!! lol)

What is worse is that my family SO DON'T GET IT. I'm asthmatic what don't you get about not spraying perfume near me??? Why must you use half a bottle and choke everyone out???

Actually I amfunny about milk too and don't like using the last bits! and the perfume stuff too,think its really selfish how people spray their scents allover the place and though I do wear perfume myself I am fussy about which ones!
Those air fresheners tht just randomly spray at you should be banned too! Its got better since havelost weight but they used to make my chest really bad! :eek:

My mum has said I am an introverted extrovert so maybe thats why I dont care which way round the loo roll is :p

Oh yes! The perfume thing. I rarely wear it in my job - I got to a lot of meetings, and was told early on in my career that it was not a good idea to have lads of perfume on - its overpowering in a small room, and a lot of the men feel uncomfortable with it!

Back