Funny little traits or just odd...

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I've a few funny traits or things I have to do, they are:

The toilet roll has to be on the holder a certain way, if not I change it around.

I have to have bedroom door closed or I can't sleep.

I only drink tea at home, everywhere else I drink coffee.

Have any of you little traits that you have to do or am I just odd?

Over to you....

I'm with you on the loo roll, I have to fight myself not to change it in other peoples houses too.

Find it difficult to drink tea out of a mug thats clearly made for coffee (eg a nescafe cup) and vice versa (eg tetley cup is not for coffee)

pegs on washing line have to match on each garment, can't have a blue and a green has to be 2 blues or 2 greens,

so I think we're all a little bit odd lol

I'm with you on the toilet roll thing and the pegs too. :rolleyes:

I'm not bothered about the cups being for tea or coffee as long as the inside of it is white...:cool:

Oh and as everyone will see on the various weight loss challenges on here I have to put everybody in alphabetical order....:eek:

Boy when it's written down it looks worse than what it is....lol :D

If I blow my nose, I have to use 2 tissues, even if I don't need to.

I always count the stairs to my flat - even though I know there are 13 - I just have to check each time!

I only like to drink out of bone china, I even have bone china at work and drink out of crystal. Sounds terrible I know but I can not help it. If I am out I have to have what I am given.

I coordinate the colours of the clothes on the line as well as the pegs.

I can not sit down, no matter how tired I am if the sitting room is not dusted, brushed and mopped and I dislike housework but I dislike the place looking a mess even more.

I could never wear uncoordinated or unmatched colours.

I think I am a mess lol !!!

I also have the peg thing, they have to match. Also, when I put the washing out, the socks have to dry in pairs. I cannot stand it when him indoors puts them round the radiators and the matching sock is in a totally different room!

I used to have loads, like counting steps and things, but the only big one which has remained is I have a dreadful tendency to spell a word out in my head after I have said it, especially if there is a silence afterwards. For no good reason, just a little tick.

I'm forever checking my eyebrow hairs (to see if they need plucking, I have done it 4 times since typing all this), and if I have a spot or anything, I have to squeeze it. And I can't stand the kitchen surfaces being even slightly mucky. I'll always pick a V shaped or curved mug over the straight stereotypical builders mug. And the cutlery has to be in the right slot. Oh, and things have to go back where they came from, everything has its own little 'home' somewhere. And I can't walk on the floor with bare feet ever since my dad told me about hook worms when I was about 6. And ever since a spider crawled out a jumper, I cannot cope with clothes being on the floor. And in a restaurant, when they say don't touch the plate as its hot, I always touch it! But I suspect I am not alone on that one!

OK, so I had more than I thought I did....

Ha I love this thread.

I have this weird thing where I spell out the words in my head to check that they have an even number of letters in. And if they don't I add a letter somewhere.

And my rug is hideously cleaned and scrubbed. I vac it about 4 times a day because of the stupid dog hairs and am paranoid of anyone with shoes or food or drink anywhere near it! God knows how I don't have heart failure with 2 kids around!

Am sure I'll think of some more!

Oh I forgot the cutlery one, have to be in the drawer spoons on left, forks next then knives. Also on the draining board they have to be put in the right slots, all spoons together etc used to annoy me so much when h put them in wotever slots.

The toilet roll has to be on the holder a certain way, if not I change it

I'm with you on the loo roll, I have to fight myself not to change it in other peoples houses too.

lol I have been known to change it in other peoples houses and TELL them I have done it, it drives me demented if it's not done my way.:eek:

Also with BB on the cutlery thing in the drainer and in the drawer they have to be laid out knives forks spoons:p

Starlight said:
My cutlery drawer has to be forks knives spoons. I even changed my mums drawer round because the way she had it was 'wrong' lol

That's weird! It should always be knifes, forks then spoons!

OCD is alive and well on Minimins. I'm struggling to think of any. Apart from what I consider typical blokey things such as:

If a battery or batteries are dead, always do the "tongue test"

When using scissors, invariably I stick my tongue out while cutting!

If aforementioned battery is dead, it will be cajoled back into service by rubbing, heating up, or manipulation for a few more weeks yet.

Anything electrical will work with a quick "blow" or as a last resort, just before claiming on warranty, a read of the manual.

As for pegs, cups, cutlery etc. blimey, I'd probably use a peg to stir the cup if a spoon wasn't to hand:eek:

Oh thought of one.... if I see anyone making me a cuppa and add milk BEFORE tea or coffee, I will reject it:eek: if I don't know, it don't matter.

All I say is that the world would be a very dull place if we were all the same. As long as your little quirks don't hurt anyone - crack on ;)

The toilet roll has to be on the holder a certain way, if not I change it around.

I have to have bedroom door closed or I can't sleep.

I only drink tea at home, everywhere else I drink coffee.

Have any of you little traits that you have to do or am I just odd?

Over to you....

ALL of these, although I allow people to make me tea if I trust them to make it right!
My mens remove the loo roll from the holder and put it on the back of the loo! I may have to poison them!

I fold fitted sheets so they look like flat sheets.
All folding must be done properly corners and seams lined up.
I always reverse park...annoying when I can't get shopping in the boot!
I always put in my left hearing aid first, tried to do it the other way and ended up taking them both out and starting again.

I talk to myself in my head, and then realise that I've been doing the facial expressions to go with the 'conversation'! (I have a very expressive face lol)

I'm with the toilet roll being on right way round and think it should be knives forks spoons.

Everything that can be placed in alphabetical, chronological or numerical order must be.

And all the coat hangers have to face the same way, as do the clothes and be sorted dresses, skirts, trousers, tops and where possible on the coat hangers they came with.

I could go on but I'm starting to think I may be a little mad.

Tiphareth said:
I'm with the toilet roll being on right way round and think it should be knives forks spoons.

Everything that can be placed in alphabetical, chronological or numerical order must be.

And all the coat hangers have to face the same way, as do the clothes and be sorted dresses, skirts, trousers, tops and where possible on the coat hangers they came with.

I could go on but I'm starting to think I may be a little mad.

Oh u can come to mine and sort all our clothes x

Lol, love this. I probably have far more than I recall! I have to rinse my cup or glass under the tap , before making my drink. Even if Mr does it, I still am have to rinse it again. My knife drawer is a mess if anyone wants to visit ;) I'm lucky to find a peg that works let alone match! The tv unit has to be just so, or I can't enjoy watching it if it's not in the right position. My teenagers have demolished my OCD tidying, I've given up, except my lounge. I have to embrace their daily mess now, it's so never ending! I have to reverse park too. If anyone borrows anything I can't sleep until its back home. When making drinks or food, mine is always the left plate/ cup, Mr is on the right.

Back