Funny little traits or just odd...

I dont ever wear perfume, I really think its a bit unneccesary unless you're on a special ocassion or even a date.... and I know how very few dates I get asked on LOL ;D

If you are clean you shouldn't really need anything besides a bit of deodorant under the aul armpits :)

Sorry, have to disagree!! I cannot leave the house without a squirt of perfume. Yes deodrant keeps you from sweating/smelling, but it doesn't necessarily make you smell nice - it just stops you from smelling yuck.

I'm not one of these that sprays perfume everywhere though. I have to wear it but always put it on when I'm in my room - somewhere where nobody else goes.

Have to agree one the toilet paper thing. It drives me mad if I go to someone elses house and their paper is hanging under the roll, rather than over it!! Isn't it funny lol xx

Oh I forgot the cutlery one, have to be in the drawer spoons on left, forks next then knives. Also on the draining board they have to be put in the right slots, all spoons together etc used to annoy me so much when h put them in wotever slots.

OMG...you are me...or I am you!! :eek:

I have CDO - it's the same as OCD but in alphabetical order :-D

I'm with all the others on the toilet roll having to be hung the right way. I used to share a house with somejust as obsessed but they had to hang it the other way.

OMG I thought you lot were well weird when I started reading then was going "oh yeah I do that" "oh yeah I do that"!!!!

I have a few.... some of which have people in fits of giggles when I'm near tears....

My kitchen - everything has its place and if it's not put back in the right one, then you've done it wrong. Cutlery goes spoons, knives, forks the glasses go from half pint on the left to pint on the right etc.

DVDs are in genre, director/series
CDs were in genre, artist (they're now in storage)
Books are author, genre

I have to eat food items in equal numbers if the items aren't mixed up (a-la stir-fry/curry), and I need to try and get a bit of everything onto the fork so 3 slices of chicken breast and 2 potatoes will need to be cut up to be equal parts and eaten with the veg, if I can't get it all on the fork then it will be split (chicken and veg then chicken and potato)....

When I go out for dinner I have to re-organise the table so that everything is straight (this is where the tears have come in), I can't eat until I've done at least my place setting and I have real problems when I'm eating out with others because I feel the need to sort theirs out too.

My work desk needs to be in order and if something has been moved by the cleaners I can tell

I'm an odd little person me :rolleyes:

My GF pointed the loo roll thing out to me a couple of weeks ago. I just always put it that way, paper over the top. She's worse as she will change it in other peoples houses. I just change it over in her house, to the wrong way, to drive her up the wall!

My cutlery drawer, from the back, knives, forks, spoons.

Washing on the line, at my house, I have been known to go out after someone else has hung up the washing, to re-hang it to my liking, yes this includes my GF, my children, who need teaching correctly anyway and my mum :eek:, funny thing is though at someone elses house, with their washing, I don't care!

The dishwasher, if someone else loads it, I can't be in the room, otherwise I'll end up re-loading it.

All my clothes are ordered in the wardrobe, with all the hangers/ shirts facing the same way.

Ah the toilet roll, it has to be hanging down the back.
Left sock, shoe and earring first.
I always check the plants in the garden by the same route.
And I have my own special mug. I'm retired now but if anyone used my mug at work they only did it once!

Nonono toilet roll goes over so hangs at the front!!!!

I also can't put make up on unless my face is freshly cleansed, apart from lippy so touch ups are a nono!

I must say, you lot are barmy. Obviously, I also do some of these things, but purely for practical reasons, not because I'm obsessive. I mean, the toilet roll thing is because our holder is attached to the wall and is quite low, so it is therefore more practical to have the loo roll over the top, rather than underneath. And I always make a point of telling my cat when I have unplugged my hair straighteners because I once left them plugged in all day. And there's noone else at home during the day to tell. I mean that's just common sense, isn't it? Nothing odd about that ;)

I could write an essay on this topic but I'll keep it as short as possible ;-)

So many people putting knives before forks in the drawer, clearly it should look like the table setting as much as possible so mine is spoon, fork then knife.

Toilet roll is always over the top as getting hold of it from against a wall is just silly and impractical and will mark the wall with your nails eventually (I'm rather particular about my decorating finish when I paint too). I will change other peoples too!

I have to wipe the worktops down in the kitchen all the time even if my bloke has already done it as he always misses some crumbs. And the kitchen sink and draining board has to be thoroughly dry after use so no water marks are left anywhere.

Towels need to be folded in a particular way or I'll redo them if him indoors has done them wrong (purely to fit in the airing cupboard properly you understand).

Probably my two most odd ones though are a phobia of sand where I can't bear to touch it or even look at others touching it - it's like nails down a blackboard to see others do it. I think it's the thought of grains getting stuck under my nails, it's just gross.

The other is bare feet on floors! I know someone else mentioned that one....but mine is in bed, on carpet, or anything that isn't cold tiles or when my feet are damp from the bath/shower. Just can't stand dry feet touching any surface but the inside of my socks and I always moisturise them at night before popping my socks on. My only exception is when I'm doing 'other' stuff in bed with a bloke as that'd just be plain strange to leave your socks on!!! But they go back on afterwards :)

We all have our quirks and mine are fairly non invasive to my life so I don't worry about them.

I'm a toilet roll down the back person too!!

Just thought of another one. There are some words that I HAVE to pronounce how they are spelt, eg Tortoise. I can't bring myself to pronunce it 'tawtuss'. AND having said it I have to spell it in my head!

Right, I'm signing up to the local funny farm!

just realised my left contact lenses always goes in first.

This!

I must say, you lot are barmy. Obviously, I also do some of these things, but purely for practical reasons, not because I'm obsessive. I mean, the toilet roll thing is because our holder is attached to the wall and is quite low, so it is therefore more practical to have the loo roll over the top, rather than underneath. And I always make a point of telling my cat when I have unplugged my hair straighteners because I once left them plugged in all day. And there's noone else at home during the day to tell. I mean that's just common sense, isn't it? Nothing odd about that ;)

And this! I'm always telling the cat about the straighteners. He doesn't care as much as he should - he'd be the one stuck in the house if it burnt down! :)

I could write an essay on this topic but I'll keep it as short as possible ;-)

So many people putting knives before forks in the drawer, clearly it should look like the table setting as much as possible so mine is spoon, fork then knife.

Spoons, Forks, Knives in our house too.. good girl! :D

Oh my, where to start!!

I have a thing about the way toilet rolls are on the holder too - but I'm a down the back person, rather than over the top!

Pegs on the washing line have to match on each garment - I don't have a washing line where I'm living at the moment, just an airer that I use to dry things on, but I drive my mother insane when I do laundry at theirs!

DVDs and CDs MUST be in alphabetical order in my place - thankfully this is now far easier that the CDs are all loaded onto the external hard drive and in storage!

If I'm reading a book, no matter how tired I am or what the interuption is, I must get to the end of the chapter, whether it be physical book or my kindle.

And now apparently my weirdest one -Volume on the car stereo/stereo/computer speakers/tv - MUST be on an even number, I get all antsy if it's on an odd number and can't settle at all. My ex used to really pee me off in the last few months when he was home full time (as opposed to being on military base) as he would change it when I was out of the room specifically to wind me up - and he used to wonder why I got really narky with him. Once or twice is fine as a joke but constantly, that's just asking for a smack in the chops. In hindsight, now I wish I had!

Oh, and eggs cannot be anywhere near beans or spaghetti on a plate! In fact, I have gotten to the point that if I have a 'grill-up' then I choose beans or egg, and not have both!

Oh, and eggs cannot be anywhere near beans or spaghetti on a plate! In fact, I have gotten to the point that if I have a 'grill-up' then I choose beans or egg, and not have both!

Well natch!
Only exception is peas/mushy peas!

Most people seem to count groups of things in twos - but I've always counted them in threes. Don't know why.

If someone burps and I've got a glass of drink, I have to cover it up with my hand so the burp doesn't "get in"...

Im like many with the toilet roll thing - has to be over the top
Washing on the line - not only do the pegs have to be the same colour, but washing has to be hung out in certain order, trousers, jumpers, t-shirts, shorts, pj's, underwear, and socks have to be hanging in pairs
hangers have to be certain way in wardrobe, and clothes "facing" same way too
I also count off mins in percentage, especially when in gym, or miles to go
1 of 20 - have done 1 20th
2 of 20 - 10%
3 of 20 - 3 20th's
4 of 20 - 20%

I was told I had slightly autistic tendencies too - I just put it down to madness myself!!

Back